Pink Floyd - Whats the name? Help!!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jakes Mo Moneya, Feb 9, 2007.

1. I have a huge annoyance in my life right now, and its that i got really baked, really baked, and i put on a pink floyd song on my computer, and eversince then ive been trying to figure out the song but i have too many to go through....
    .....This was 2 months ago, Im buggin the fuk out:smoking::smoking:

Heres all i remember from it:
    maybe 3-6 consecutive sounds. to me they sounded like a scary ghost screaming(yelling). it cound also be a really high piched sound.
    also these sound went from quite to loud in a progressive fashion ( as if someone was increase the volume just on the yelling)

please help, im dying over here. right now im going through all there songs, i have another 120 to go:hello::hello:

2. I think it might be "Careful with that Axe, Eugene"

3. Loud screaming noises?

My guess is you're looking for Echoes.

But you'd probably remember if it was 23 minutes long, eh?

4. To me it kinda sounds like "Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict" from the cd ummagumma. I just picked that up the other day, deffently one of their trippiest albums ever + it even came with a poster of the front cover. awsome

5. I can guarentee you're talking about the song Breathe by Pink Floyd. It starts with a womanish voice screaming approx. 4 times. Each time getting louder than before, and then it breaks into song in an extremely climactic moment.

6. Thats what I thought...

How does one not know that song though ?

7. Breathe is a great song man, even if it is not the song he is looking for he should have it on his playlist!

Anyways, I suggest you get "the dark side of the moon" album, it my favorite cd to listen while high and sober :smoking:.

8. I bet it was The Great Gig in the Sky. What do i get if i win?

9. Yep you were right, thanks alot, i cant believe i forgot it

its this new bud im smokin, the most ive ever spent a G, $30

10. w00t! Me FT-fucking-W!

Lol :D

You know that awesome appregio on guitar that kicks in after awhile after the screaming sounds, and the build-up to it? I honestly believe if there is a heaven, with some big ass gates, that will be the background music playing when I get to see them.

11. If a person likes Floyd and have 120 songs of them, do you really think they don't know that album?

12. that is definietly careful with that axe eugene. fucking amazing song. you probably heard it from the live album live at pompeii. holy shit i love this song im listening to it now

13. Most definitely Careful With That Axe Eugene. You would know if it was Breathe or Great Gig in the Sky, in gig, she isnt screaming, shes singing.

CWTAE doesnt have any words other than "Careful with that axe Eugene", its pretty distinguishable by that fact and the screams.

I dont understand where there is "yelling" in Echoes.... and its a 23 minute song, that is pretty memorable

14. #14 notbakedenough, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    Probably Great Gig in the Sky.

Or..... it could be "One of These Days" but I find this one really recognizable. It has that high pitch sound at the beginning that sounds like wind blowing and whatnot.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XJuWcls7CA"]YouTube - Pink Floyd - One of These Days[/ame]

15. Man I would have thought for sure he was talking about the opening samples on this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ku-ma1dVI8[/ame]

If you're just now getting into PF, welcome man. Be sure to listen to Animals, Dark Side of the Moon, Meddle, The Wall and Wish You Were here from front to back for starters. A Pillow Of Winds, Time, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Goodbye Blue Sky...man there are some good songs throughout that whole list. Listen to Animals closely and you'll learn more about how the world works than you ever did in a sociology class. ;) Check out how D.S.O.T.M. plays as basically one song. Each song compliments the next one and moves toward the next, almost like an opera. It's their most over played album and FM radio beat it to death, but IMO they were at their peak soundwise, and still after all these years, it's the only one I listen to from start to finish over and over. I find myself in different moods for different albums, but I can listen to that one just about any time. I'm nearly the same way with WYWH. Short album, but one of the greatest of all time.

Then after a while, you'll find yourself investigating more and getting into some of the older stuff, the rare stuff, the live stuff. Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii is amazing. Man I love Pink Floyd. Gilmore is a fucking god. RIP Syd.:smoking:

16. God i love Pink Floyd.

17. qft. theres nothing like the feeling i get when i listen to pink floyd

18. #18 DaleGribble, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    Cmon man, give her more credit, shes singing.

are you sure it wasnt this?
    [ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4488671888968650349"]Pink floyd - Careful With That Axe Eugine[/ame]

19. actually echoes is like 15 minutes long...the song that is 23 minutes long is atom heart mother with a bunch of subtitles for each section of the song...fuckin love PF

20. actually echoes is 23 minutes long.