pink floyd - piper at the gates...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by sirseedymcseed, Mar 22, 2005.

1. i just bought this cd, already owning the wall, dark side of the moon, and wish you were here. i love those 3 and plan on getting more...animals and meddle are next. but i don't like this one as much as those first 3. it's got more lyrical than i like in pink floyd. but it's not bad. maybe it'll just take a little more time to grow on me? all pink floyd's cds seem to take a bit to grow on you first.

2. piper at the gates and other cds around the era, with sid, isnt as good as meddle to the wall, gilmore waters era. u should get meddle and animals, then get The Wall Live 80-81, its so incredibly good, u must get it.

3. This man speaks the truth. Animals is my favorite Floyd album, and Meddle has my favorite Floyd song on it, Echoes, 23 minutes of musical bliss. Is There Anybody Out There?, the live Wall album Duce was talking about is so good, once you get it, you'll probably never listen to the studio version again. I rarely do.

4. I dont like Piper at the Gates of Dawn very much. Saucerful of Secrets is one great album, though. The original PF had their shit down on Saucerful.

5. pink floyd is one of the greatest bands ever... but don't just buy a cd just because its pink floyd, not all thier cd's were legendary, and it makes you kinda look like a pink floyd poser. i have a friend that hated pink floyd when he was a straight-edge, but after he started smoking weed alot more, all of a sudden he loved them and went and bought more of thier shit than i had. but n e wayz... animals is good, and a momentary lapse of reason is really cool to listen to when i'm fucked up...

edit : maybe you've already listened to them all, i just meant that if you hadn't

6. Not to be a smart ass, but I'm just curious what albums you were refering to when you say not to buy an album just because its Floyd if you like A Momentary Lapse of Reason, which I think is by far and away their worst album. I mean Ummagumma has its craptacular moments as well, but every other Pink Floyd album I own other than those two I love, even Piper, but not just because its Floyd. It's different, but still great in its own way.

7. i didn't mean an album in particular, i meant what i meant - just cause its floyd doesn't mean its good. but n e wayz... to each his own, everyone has different taste, just cause you think it sucked, doesn't mean every floyd fan agrees.

8. Oh I know. I know plenty of Floyd fans who like Momentary Lapse, and I never said it sucked. I don't think its up to standards with other Floyd works, and I can't stand a few of the songs on there, but I still like a few of them. Anyways, I just thought you were dumping on Piper, and I had to jump to the defense of the crazy diamond. I understand what you're saying though.

9. Animals is my fav floyd..in fact the guitar solo in dogs is my favorite solo by anybody. As for Bad albums, or rather....well anyway I would stay away from Atom heart Mother or More...they did alot of sound track albums of mostly just freaky percussive noise and stuff that is vastly inferior...but Piper is a great album if you are in the mood. Definitely Get Animals!