Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin ?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Adjs311, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Which band do you think is even more amazing? Or, If you had to choose who to see live?

I would painfully have to choose Pink Floyd. I say painfully because they are both so amazing!

2. Yeah I would probably go Pink Floyd as well, I find it hard to decide because I see them as quite different, depends what mood i'm in whether I like one or the other.

3. Led Zeppelin. I don't know why, I just feel like they are better in my soul.

4. i'd have to nod my head to the Lead

i've discovered that Rush is just as good, maybe even better

5. Honestly I haven't heard too much Rush... I would like to expand though.

6. man that's a terrible thing to do; force someone to make that decision

it comes in phases for me. right now i really like zeppelin, but i would have to pick a pink floyd concert cuz it could potentially make for an amazing psychedelic experience :hippie:

7. This is an evil choice, love both, but I pick Pink Floyd.

8. Why feed the fire? Another $11.99 gone. I need that back.

9. #9 Rdaws420, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2008
    How can you even compare the two? They're both great in there own areas. But I do love David Gilmour. :D But man, check out the P*U*L*S*E DVD by Floyd. The best live concert IMO. Amazing.

10. Was just in the mood to ask a maddening question :D. Of course they are amazing in their respective place.

11. Even though i have a zeppelin tattoo i would have to say floyd,lol.
    I have seen roger waters as well as robert plant... and i thought roger waters was WAY better.. could of been cause i was on mushrooms haha :p
    But as a whole band , Floyd

12. Pink Floyd, but Zeppelin is awesome too.

13. i dont think u can compare
    led zeppelin and pink floyd have completly different styles
    it depends on the situation and the type of music u feel like listing too

14. Led Zeppelin, they're like the grandfather's of metal.

15. But Robert Plant hated metal*.

Oh, and it breaks down like this (for me):

Weed: Floyd
    Shrooms: Floyd
    Alcohol: Zeppelin
    Coke: Zeppelin
    Acid: Both
    Sober: Zeppelin

So Led. Yeah...

*(according to WikiQuote anyway):

"Heavy metal is a sham. There's nothing threatening about [it] except the artists. It's mindless, it's not a reflection of something sociological. I don't think Zeppelin was their inspiration - Tiny Tim was. It was glam-rock. With rockabilly or rock'n'roll years ago, it was built around sex and just plain revolt. But this some kind of demented dwarf giving strange hand signals as he walks out of a volcano on stage. It's tacky. And it's just rank and file, like checking into a factory..."

16. Of course he would say that, Robert Plant is Satan in disguise.

Couldn't let the cat out of the bag.

17. Pink Floyd without question.

Zeppelin was a great rock band with some great guitar riffs but a lot of their shit was stolen, especially lyrics. They are a great rock band, but they don't even compare with Floyd..sorry.

18. Reppin' 2112!

19. Gotta go with Floyd though Led Zeppelin was more consistent album by album. The best of Floyd>the best of Zeppelin though.

20. Pink Floyd is a million times better than Led Zeppelin. Zeppelin stole a lot of their music, and personally I can't stand Robert Plant's voice.