Pink Floyd Movie: The wall

Discussion in 'Movies' started by TokeDaily, Jun 16, 2010.

1. I have just watched this movie extremely high..Im so confused? what the fuck was it about? Is pink floyd a nazi band? I strongly suggest getting ripped and watching this movie

2. im pretty sure its about sid barret and how he kinda just detaches himself from everything

3. are you talking about that pair of legs with a vagina? :D

4. I like that movie lol.

5. DO NOT WATCH THAT MOVIE HIGH...WATCH IT ON SHROOMS I NEVER HAVE BUT MY FAMILY/FRIEND/EVERY TOLD ME TO WATCH IT ON LSD OR SHROOMS IF YOUR BRAVE!!!! YOU`LL BE SO MIND FUCKED.

but one day ill just watch it stoned because i know i wont watch it on shrooms.

6. I saw it on LSD at a theater. An unforgettable trip.

7. :smoke:Its one of my favorite albums and it is loosely based on Roger Waters.
    I'm so pumped that I get to see the show live in september!:smoke:

8. If you like Pink Floyd, you'll love the movie regardless of what you think the cinematic value of the film is. To me, Roger Water's ability to express himself is outrageously smart. He is a genius. His English is masterful and the way he expresses how he feels is just mind-blowing. I am sure that every one of us has felt exactly the same as Pink/Roger felt at some point of our life but have never been able to successfully explain it. It is therefore my opinion that the lyrics are what make this film great. As a movie, it also translates those feelings well. All the actors were superb.

9. my bf & his sister were shroomin & watched this movie... freaked them the fuck out!! :eek:

10. i think its a pretty tight movie to watch while your fuked up but after a few times you see that the singer is crazy and really has issues.....somethings that i can relate to now and understand in other people, kinda weird
    i cant wait to go see his wall concert

11. #11 Psilocin420, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2010
    The character Pink is also loosely based on Syd Barrett, and its an awesome movie IMO

12. I've seen this movie several times blazed as hell. The first time I saw it I was confused and didn't really understand any of it. After watching it a couple more times, I began to pick up all the nuances of the movie/album.

13. I can answer almost any question about this movie. Seen it so many times I cant even remember

14. Alright, I'll have to toss a challenge out there for you then!

Help explain the visual representation of the "nazi" symbolism in the movie to the OP. What does that represent?

What is the message being portrayed within the animated part of the film? Is there a conflict that the main character has in these scenes? Who do the animated characters represent and why are they there?

What is the "Wall" from Pinks perspective?

15. Roger Waters' father was killed during world war II. Thus grew up w/o a faher and uses that to portray some of his life.

There are many parts of the narrated scenes. The animated objets are: Mother, Wife that left him while he was away, His girlfriend.

The wall is basically him shutting out the rest of the world and thus close to him. Just a total shift in the characters emotions. ( Syd Barret for example is often a symbol for and of Pink )

how did i do?

16. Very good actually! I think you have seen it...maybe once or twice. ;)

17. maybe just once or twice....lol Floyd is the shit broski

18. The Wall is most definitely the shit, but during the scene where he shaves off all his body hair, my *not allowed to talk about other drugs* kicked in and I became terrified from that point on.

19. The Wall is easily the best concept album of all time. Roger Waters is the greatest lyricist of all time. The movie does a good job of translating the album. It's such a heavy story, that most people can relate to at least somewhat. We all have hardships that make us nervous about opening ourselves up to other people so we build emotional walls to protect ourselves. but if we let the wall get too high than we completely disconnect with the real world and shut our selves out.
    Another awesome thing about The Wall is that the album cycles back into itself, to start the whole process over again.

20. your second sentence made me laugh...Barret was the best songwriter of that time. Any true floyd fan would agree. Rogers was great, but nothing compared to Syd or even what Syd could have been..