Pink eye

Discussion in 'General' started by Spaced, Sep 29, 2011.

1. What shall I do today GC?

I had to take a sick day (of which I've used them all up, so this is unpaid) due to what I assume is pink eye.

Since when does a grown ass man get pink eye :mad:

Oh well, what are you blades up to?

2. there many things you can get from the drug stores that treat it naphcon A is a good one i use it for red/dry eyes

3. Do it right. Go to a doctor, get a prescription for antibiotic drops/ointment and take care of it. You should feel better in a day or two.

4. Going to a doctor is definitely the best idea. :p

Though I got pink eye a few years ago and did not go to the doctor and it went away on it's own within a couple of days.

Never got pink eye when I was a kid. Weird to get it my first time at 20+ years of age. :laughing:

5. Please don't go to the doctor yet.

It's ragweed season, and pink eye is popping up all over the place. It can either be bacterial (which needs antibiotics),viral, or related to allergies. If you start having a lot of pain, then it's time to go. If it doesn't begin clearing up in a day or 2, then it's time to go.

My younger sister had allergy related pink eye once, and the doctor gave her antibiotic drops. It really messed her eyes up.

You can get homeopathic stuff from Walmart in the eye drop section that will help. I had double pink eye earlier this year (when the pollen kicked up) and it took care of it in 2-3 days.

6. Wow bad day! Now my power went out right as I was posting.. so I had to switch over to my phone. Grrr.

At least I have Strawberry Diesel, Vanilla Luna, and Skywalker to maintain my sanity haha.

I wish my PermaFrost was done though!

Attached Files:

7. [quote name='"nathann"']Please don't go to the doctor yet.

It's ragweed season, and pink eye is popping up all over the place. It can either be bacterial (which needs antibiotics),viral, or related to allergies. If you start having a lot of pain, then it's time to go. If it doesn't begin clearing up in a day or 2, then it's time to go.

My younger sister had allergy related pink eye once, and the doctor gave her antibiotic drops. It really messed her eyes up.

You can get homeopathic stuff from Walmart in the eye drop section that will help. I had double pink eye earlier this year (when the pollen kicked up) and it took care of it in 2-3 days.[/quote]

I was having a lot of pain from it lastnight. I used the Tobramyacin drops I had from the last time I got pink eye (about a year ago, bottle is good till 03/2012) and the pain isn't there very much and the redness isn't as bad now.

8. washing it with some organic tea helps too just make sure its not too hot :D green tea or jasmine tea

9. When I get pink eye, I just ride it out.

10. If its pink from allergies...that's not pink eye. At least not as in conjunctivitis, which is a infection causes usually by the bacteria in fecal matter lol.
    If it doesn't get better go to a doctor.
    You don't want to wake up and not be able to open your eyes because they crusted shut! Yuck!

11. Sounds like you should keep using those drops then :D

If you didn't need the antibiotics in your eyes, you'd know it. My sisters eye swelled up, stopped producing tears, and she got really sick. Now she always has to worry about bacterial pink eye, because she will probably be immune to the eye drops as a result.

Just don't use them too much. Doctors in the country have a habit of prescribing way too many antibiotics, for way too long, and sometimes unnecessarily.

12. This is correct. However, the symptoms are nearly identical. Crusty, swollen shut eyes, lots of discharge throughout the day, itching and minor-moderate pain.

13. [quote name='"nathann"']

This is correct. However, the symptoms are nearly identical. Crusty, swollen shut eyes, lots of discharge throughout the day, itching and minor-moderate pain.[/quote]

The last time I had pink eye I had no discharge. This time either.

All I'm noticing is sometimes its watery, a little painful (like... A little "gritty"), and red...well now fading.

I suppose I should add my eye was bugging me yesterday and then I took out my contact and this is when it started.

I may have forgetten to change my contacts for a while and that's how I got it last time

14. doesnt sound like pink eye to me. every time i had pink eye when i was a kid when i woke up it took forever to open my eye because i had so much gross eye shit in it

15. [quote name='"Spaced"']

The last time I had pink eye I had no discharge. This time either.

All I'm noticing is sometimes its watery, a little painful (like... A little "gritty"), and red...well now fading.

I suppose I should add my eye was bugging me yesterday and then I took out my contact and this is when it started.

I may have forgetten to change my contacts for a while and that's how I got it last time[/quote]

Hmmm...be careful with that. I wear contacts as well, and getting grit and stuff under them, sleeping with them, can cause a lot of issues. Namely..ulcers..in your eye...this happened to me, it was so painful and my eye was like swollen shut I had to go to the er, and it sucked, they had to put numbing stuff in my eye just to look at it...ugh if you wear contacts...it also didn't help that the curvature was a little small so I wasn't getting enough air to my eye, which is why you should take them out.
    don't forget to take them out
    Always wash your hands when putting them in/taking them out
    Change the solution every day
    Rinse the contacts before putting them in case with solution
    Don't shower with them in if you can help it
    Don't wear them if your eyes are already irritate
    Or you'll end up in severe pain...*steps of soapbox* lol
    I had to be on antibiotics and pain medicine both of which made me ill. It blew.
    P.s. if you don't have it try getting lubricating eye drops meant for use with contacts. Allergies will dry out your eyes, and the drops will help with the irritation

16. [quote name='"lar20"']doesnt sound like pink eye to me. every time i had pink eye when i was a kid when i woke up it took forever to open my eye because i had so much gross eye shit in it[/quote]

Yeah that sucks. Pink eye is so gross you like wake up and wonder the the bathroom so you can wet your eyes lol nasty