Pink buds, unknown bagseed, CFLs, pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dutc2006, Sep 16, 2009.

1. damn thats pretty crazy man. was the bud you got it from have pink hairs?

i aint never seen nothing like it.

2. no it was normal lime green looking bud, orange hairs i do believe. I expect them to turn orange or amber as they mature, maybe evven a rich red color.

3. Here's some more pics of the pink sisters. Oh how they have grown...

4. Sry I dunno what happened... anyways check out the tiny stem on the bigger plant, its aweful small for such a big cola, it's leanin pretty good now, had to brace it up with a coat hanger. I gotta give thanks to the Gravity. Awesome stuff. Same with Mother Of All Blooms (MOAB).

Attached Files:

5. dats some hariy stuff you got there mate looks great:hello:

6. exactly what i was gonna say 'seth'
    thats some fine 'hairy pink' bagseed, i thought my four ways did well for trichs but thats just the PETE SAMPRAS of hairiness...

CLONE IT CLONE IT CLONE IT CLONE IT CLONE IT

7. I don't know if I want to take a cutting at this point or if I will just reveg. I like revegged plants because they blow up like crazy, but I've read that they lose their "genetic integrity" I guess meaning they could lose potency or certain traits. Anyhow I'm sure that's what I am gonna do, but if it ends up being not too good smoke I may ditch it. It is pretty as hell so I don't think it is gonna be bad, but looks can be deceiving. I am gonna pre-harvest flush it tomorrow, and feed it pH'ed distilled 'til the trichs are just right. They are about 50/50 clear/milky now so in 2 weeks of flushing I should be spot on for a nice 50/50 or 60/40 amber/milky. Let's hope at least. I will be using Clearex to flush so it should still grow nicely in the next two weeks. It is really leaning now!

8. wow that turned out amazing. great job.

9. youre plants look crazy healthy! :D amazing looking plants bro

10. Thanks guys appreciate the kind words. CFLs are capable of putting out some decent buds if you take your time and use proven methods. I flushed it with about 4 gallons of water yesterday, 2 weeks and counting 'til chop time hopefully. :smoking:

11. the hairs wont stay pink, when those buds fully mature they should turn reddish brown... looks like a hybrid ???

12. I just had a oragasim lmao nice grow:smoking:

13. Jesus, what a beautiful cola. WANT!:smoking::smoking:

14. Yea a lot of them have already. Just a couple more days 'til TIMBER!

15. Very nice looking. I wish i had that. Good job

How big is the space your growing in? I want to start growing but idk what to grow it in. Right now i have a growbox made out of a computer that im about to put to use.

16. Actually my flower box is a dog cage with some white light proof material made to be used with curtains. It is a cage made for a big dog, about 4ft. tall, 5 ft. wide, 3 ft. deep. It sits in a closet and fills it out nicely. It does make for a problem of height, but if you LST you can get around that. Of course you could only get away with CFLs or T5s with such a cramped space and lack of ventilation. Even with just CFLs somebody has to be home to open the closet door when the lights come on or they will fry in 20 minutes. I am about to move so that is why I have such a small scale setup, I didnt want to modify too much of the house in the means of ventilation. I could have removed the light socket from the closet and set the ventilation through that and into the attic, but it seemed like too much work when I knew I was moving in a couple of months. With the benefit of hindsight, I could have used HPS here since the closet has to be opened anyways, but in my new setup, I won't have to open the closet except to water of whatever else, not just because the lights came on...At my new place I'm definitely upping the scale and going HPS in my flower box. But I am very impressed with the results from these CFLs.

17. I cut both of the pink plants down last week. It's really funny how these sisters had such different traits. The indica dominant triploid one (the shorter one) was behind in growth and trichome color at about week 6, but by week 8 she was already at 50/50 cloudy/amber so she got the axe. She went through a 2 week flush, using Clearex. The taller and more beautiful one :D finished a week later. She also went through a 2 week flush with Clearex. The shorter one weighed 71g wet, but I think she had more water in her to use up if I woulda waited another day to chop she probably woulda weighed significantly less. I let the taller one dry out a little more and she weighed 55g wet. It now weighs 25g and is almost totally dry. Remember these were only vegged for about a week and grown strictly under CFLs. The taller one is still hanging, the shorter one is in paper bags, following Rumpleforeskin's simple harvest and cure, and it is just about ready for jars.

Attached Files:

18. I know that the thread is a couple of months old, but I HAVE to ask... smoke report? (pleeeeaaaaase) haha.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

19. I know I'm late on that ? but just in case you still care...the smell and resin was actually extremely good. I have since moved on to legit strains and looking back on that one and how good it smelled and how sticky it got it really makes me wonder what the genetics of that plant were. I never got a chance to let it cure long enough to get a good taste, however. It wasn't bad by any means, but I have strains now like pineapple express that taste great even after a couple days of curing after drying. But the high was great, super heady and energetic high. good day starter.

20. Cool man, I still envy you for growing some dank PINK buds! lol

Good Growing and Happy Toking!