Pineapple Express

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cuba, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Been really busy with some traveling, here are some updated pics. It has survived at least 3 cat attacks, I'm surprised it is still standing. Just put it into a 5 gallon bucket today.

Due to recent problems with water in my basement I will not be putting her into flower anytime soon. Instead I think I will clone her when she is big and healthy then plant her outside when it warms up a bit.

Attached Files:

2. Bummer dude...

3. Ok I have a quick question about cloning. Here are a couple picture updates of the plant. There is an obvious main stem and two smaller stems coming from the bottom (pics 1 & 2). The two smaller ones (pic 2) aren't getting much light and are staying really small, so I was thinking of chopping them off and making clones out of them. Leaving the main stem to receive all the nutrients/growing energy?

Is the plant big enough to cut both these off? the main stem is pretty strong and straight, I don't think it will throw off the balance very much. Any advice?

I'm currently scouting out a place for her outside and I want all wounds to be healed long before re-planting her once the snow melts.

Attached Files:

4. I think wants to plant has grown its fourth node, it is safe to clone.

5. I wouldn't clone that. I just barely started cloning those two.

Attached Files:

6. #26 mateer, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
    Why not just wait, plant her outside, and then clone her once she has grown larger?

7. thanks for the quick replies. looks like i'll just wait a while longer.

8. I finally setup my 600W MH/HPS system up today, MH is in now for Veg growth. Hopefully the plant will take off now the it has real light.

Nutrient question. I'm using up the rest of my Techna Flora -Recipe for Success Kit. When do you guys start using 1/2 strength, full strength? I have been using 1/3 strength so far, probably going to 1/2 next week unless anyone has any problems with that?

9. Ease into it until about 2nd week of flower where you wanna be at max. How much depends on your media. What soil are you using?

10. right now i'm using a 5 gal bucket with expanded clay for medium. But I haven't bought any soil yet for replanting outside once it warms up...I've never grown outdoors so any advice on what kind is best would be appreciated

11. I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

12. Hello everyone, thought I would post a quick update and pictures before I head off to write a couple of exams today.

My plant is doing very well now that she is under the 600W MH light...wish I could put her into flower now and start seeing buds. Probably going outside around the beginning of May, whenever I fell that it is warm enough.

Here are a couple pics, I trimmed a bit of the lower leaves/stems that were small and not getting much light. Still haven't made any clones yet...might do that this weekend?

Attached Files:

13. Next time possibly try to figure something better than spray painting maybe. It may not do anything, but something about spraying paint on the container my ladies go in doesn't sit right with me. lol. I've actually heard this mentioned before as well. Maybe others can answer that, but I know some people don't like to paint them because they worry about it harming the plants. They didn't have evidence, just a theory.

Other than that, IDK.

14. I think she is plenty big for cloning.

15. Cool, thanks! I remember seeing that at my local nursery last time I was there.

I haven't done much research on starting a plant hydroponically then switching to outdoor soil because I was not expecting to do this. Will I run into any problems? Anyone have any experience with this?

Yea I know it wasn't the best idea, but I am a student and I didn't have the funds to buy a better setup. So I did what I could do with the products at hand! Anyways she turned out fine, doing quite well now in a proper 5 gal DWC bucket :D

I took two cuttings of the bottom of the plant today and threw them in a tray. Hopefully they do okay, my first time trying to clone.

16. I'm going to the camp this weekend for some R&R and to scout out some good spots; so I thought I would post a couple pictures. She is getting huge! About 3 ft. and still in veg stage. I also topped her today, I have never done this before so we will see what happens.

Anyways first two pictures are of the PE, last picture is my clone/seedling tray (sorry the last pic is kind of shitty). 5 PE clones and 3 random seedlings just starting from seed.

Hope you enjoy, I can't wait to see how big she gets once I put her outside!

Attached Files:

17. So plans have changed a bit, I'll try to fill everyone in. I had to get the plant out of the house due to unforesceen circumstances. Now my girl is at a buddies house since about May 1st, well into flower stage now.

Right after the move, I put her in flower and not long after I switch to General Organics nutrients. I had an airstone in the DWC bucket that was too small and I have had a pretty bad case of root rot because of it. My leaves started turning yellow almost immediately after switching over to 12/12; is it because the stressful move, root rot or new nutrients? :confused:

I know its probably a combination of the three, should I be concerned with the amount of leaves falling off? I already have a plastic grocery bag full of dried leavs that have fallen off. Here is what I have done so far to try and remedy this situation:

1. Started adding 15mL/Gal of Aquashield twice a week along with other nutes (nutes changed weekly).
    2. Biggest airstone I could find (6 inch disk) and a brand new reliable airpump (Elite 801)
    3. Less water in the DWC bucket, ~3 Gallons in the 5 gal bucket.
    4. Cut nutrients back down to about 1/2 strength.

The root rot is much better than it was but it is still lingering around the bucket. The one thing I can't do much about is the high temperature, it is in a small apartment with no good ventilation or AC. I didn't have time to find it a better place so I'm stuck there until harvest. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have read a little bit about using Hydrogen peroxide to get rid of root rot? Anyone have any experience with this?

Here are a couple of updated pics, last pic is the most recent:

Attached Files:

18. I'm no professional but i'd say you have heat stress and nute burns combined... try not to change your nutes so frequently... you're fucking with the plant. Use one and see how well it does and give it a month or so to notice the effects... otherwise you're wasting time, and resources. but kudos on making her flower... very strong plant... she will do fine... just make sure you keep the temp cool and the soil moist

19. Thought I would post an update...not that anyone cares haha.

I was going to start my carb flush this past Monday but decided to give it one more week of Late Flowering nutes. This is only my second go round so feel free to share your opinion on how close I am to harvest...I don't have a good enough lense to look at the trichome colours.

So here is the rest of my game plan:

This week - last flowering nutes
    Next week - Carb flush, nothing but water and sugars
    Final week - Water flush, last 36 hours are in darkness. Harvest in morning.

Hope you enjoy the pics, she is starting to look really nice!

20. Thought I would post an update...not that anyone cares haha.

I was going to start my carb flush this past Monday but decided to give it one more week of Late Flowering nutes. This is only my second go round so feel free to share your opinion on how close I am to harvest...I don't have a good enough lense to look at the trichome colours.

So here is the rest of my game plan:

This week - last flowering nutes
    Next week - Carb flush, nothing but water and sugars
    Final week - Water flush, last 36 hours are in darkness. Harvest in morning.

Hope you enjoy the pics, she is starting to look really nice!

Attached Files: