Pineapple Express, Special Kush #1, Auto Trans Siberian, Auto Cream Caramel, and Auto Berry Ryder

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by MyDogSmokesWeed, Jul 30, 2013.

1. That cindy looks fantastic dude along with everything else. I just really like the way the cindy is turning out.

2. Ok, so one of the last updates for this grow. Two pictures. An overview of the garden on Saturday before I chopped, and a closeup of the Pineapple Express. So, most of the plants have been cut. I left the Pineapple Express.Cut off all the tops and left the lower stuff so they would plump up a litttle. So everything is hang-drying in a room. Definitely looks pretty awesome. lol. We'll see how much weight I end up with. I know I should have enough trim for a couple batches of cannabutter, so I'm hoping to end up with 6lbs of cannabutter afterwards (at least). 

I've sampled some of the Special Kush and Pineapple Express and it's already pretty tasty/smelly even with just a quick dry. Nice and potent as well. Nice stuff overall. On Saturday I was actually gone for 10 days (didn't want to say it while I was gone), so I was worried about leaving them for the last 10 days, but they turned out fine. The soil plants would have plumped up a bit had I watered more, but oh well. I'll be switching out to DWC for the next grow. 

For the next grow will be Pineapple Express, Original Sour Diesel, and Cotton Candy. It worked out great as the 2 Pineapple Express clones that I took about 3-4 weeks into flowering rooted even with me just sticking them in a DWC setup. They rooted nicely, I pulled them up a bit so the stem is out of the water now and suspended them in the hydrotron, and they are starting to take off. So it's looking like I'll have some more Pineapple Express next grow with a couple really nice clones, and also popped a Original Sour Diesel and Cotton Candy seed that are now out and rooted. On Friday I plan to get a couple more buckets and move the seeds into DWC. All in all, a successful grow. Can't really complain. IDK if I'll hit my 1.5 lb goal, but no bugs, no mold, and a bunch of pot is pretty successful in my book. 

Also, as it turns out, the 1 male plant that I had that I took out of the room after about a week or week and a half apparently still was able to pollenate my ladies a little. So I've found a few seeds. Not the worst thing in the world as I considered it anyway, but they are kinda funky mixes. The male was a skunk plant, so far I've found some Pineapple Express X Skunk seeds and some Special Kush #1 X Skunk seeds. Wasn't planning on seeds, but again, when they are great genetics, it's not the worst thing. I'll get a few pictures of the new plants soon, and once they bud is dry I'll get a weight and pic. Hope everyone had a great new years. 

Attached Files:

3. I don't know how i missed this. Put up some pics of the trimmed buds dude dry or wet i still wanna see.

4. Here's some pics. First is what's jarred. I think I have about 18 oz. right now. 2nd pic is some Pineapple Express still drying on a table, 3rd pic is Pineapple Express and one of the Skunk plants still going. Pineapple Express has been harvested except the bottom buds that I'm letting plump a little before I chop since 1 of my skunk plants still isn't done anyway. So there's 1 tote of PE still in there, but all the top buds have been harvested already and are jarred. 4th pic is Pineapple Express, 5th special Kush #1, 6th Skunk, 7th Cinderella 99, 8th pic Bay 11. All nice and frosty looking.

Pineapple Express smells real nice and fruity. I've already smoked some and it's a nice high. Should be awesome once curred. 

Special Kush #1 smells really nice as well. Almost like a sweet frosting type of smell. Have sampled this as well and it's another nice smoke, and will be really nice once cured. 

Skunk has a really beautiful smell to it. I'm a sucker for a nice skunk though. I really like them.

C99 smells really fantastic as well. Can't wait for this one to cure. 

Bay 11 has a really horrible smell right now. lol. I hope it's clears up, but it seriously smells like old, burning tires. I'm hoping the smell gets better once it cures, because as of now I'm not particularly looking forward to smoking it. lol. 

Like I said, I'm at about 18 oz dried right now, with probably close to 1.5 or 2 still drying on the table and another oz or 3 oz or so still to cut once they are done, so I'm thinking I'll be right around 22-24 oz. Not bad I'd say, but I guess I was still hoping for more. lol. I think I'll be close to 2 lbs for the next run when I switch all to DWC instead of soil. I get a lot more yield with the hydro. 

I've also made my first of 2 batches of Cannabutter and I've got about 4lbs of cannabutter made from about 6lbs of butter. Will be making another batch thats a bit smaller and should end up with somewhere around 5-6 lbs of Cannabutter. I do wish I had a way to test the strength of the butter though. It seems like each time I'll be giving a best guess unless I can find something to test the strength though.

Attached Files:

5. Also, Here is what I have going for my next grow. They're a bit behind, but should be coming along soon. Those clones are about to take off anytime now. 

The 2 plants in DWC are both Pineapple Express clones that I took early in flower and they took forever to root, but they're finally footed and going.

Also, there's one Cotton Candy and an Original Sour Diesel both in organic soil, but those will be moving to DWC soon as well. I'll likely take some clones of the Pineapples and use those for my next grow as well as root a few for this grow too. 

Pics are the plants, and the 2nd and 3rd pic are the roots for the Pineapple Express' in DWC. 

I just threw those clones into the DWC setup and let them sit in the bubbling water. Literally. They took a long ass time to root, but they did and I have a feeling they are going to be monsters in a few weeks. 

Attached Files:

6. Drying table, haha thats awesome. I have no clue where i'm going to dry my buds this time since i'm goimg to have at least 5x as much as i did last time. They all look amazing, that sucks the bay 11 smells like burning rubber maybe it will cure out. 18 oz is a nice indoor harvest, whag did you average per plant?

7. I hung most of the buds to dry, but I was out of room at the time, and those buds aren't really big enough to hang anyway, so I'm table drying. lol. Whatever. It works as long as you flip them every so often. 

Bay 11 does bother me. It does tend to smell a little better each time I've opened the jar though, which does give me hope it doesn't just smell like that. Definitely an odd smell for bud though. 

I do have quite a few seeds though. Not the worse thing in the world, but wasn't planning it either. I found the male early on and thought I took it out before he got them. Apparently not though. The good thing is that all the seeds are done and mature and a nice dark brown color, so it's seeming like they will be good ones. I didn't really need the seeds, but you can do worse than a few, free, high quality seeds in your stash.  

8. Ok, so everything is done, dried, and currently curing (except 1 skunk plant that's not finished), and it's looking like I'm at 23.5 oz as of right now, and the skunk will likely be at least 2, so at least 25 oz, and maybe pushed to 26 depending. Assuming 25 oz. that's about 700 grams total, so with my 1000W I guess I'm at about .7 grams per watt. Not bad for my 3rd full grow. The next I'm confident I can reach 1 gram per watt once I switch all to DWC. Pretty nice pull, but a bunch of bud to last me awhile, and since I apparently didn't get that once male plant out earlier enough I've got some seeds as well. Actually not sad about that at all though. Nice bud=Nice seeds. 

9. I'm high and just realized that I get to name these since they are technically different strains. They all came out pretty ovbious though. The male was a skunk plant, so:

Pineapple Skunk = Pineapple Express X Skunk
    Special Skunk = Special Kush #1 X Skunk
    Cinderella Skunk = Cinderella 99 X Skunk (Can't wait for that one actually)
    Latex Skunk = Bay 11 X Skunk Since the Bay 11 at this point smells like burnt rubber. lol. It's getting slightly better the longer it cures. Highly doubt it will be a great smelling one though. 

10. The special skunk and cindy skunk sound like they will be awesome. How did the male look look that pollinated them? It can go eother way, some strains that sound like they would blend really well end up making some shitty bud even with selective breeding.

11. Actually the male was a really nice plant. Which is why I left it longer than I should have, I was hoping I was wrong about it being a male. Pretty excited about the Cindy Skunk They both smell soooo good, and seem like they will go great. You're right with that one and the special skunk. Good mixes. Much better than I thought they would be, at least after smelling both kinds now that they're dried. Special Kush is a pretty good plant though. Grew great, and the seeds were super cheap and it's got a really nice smell. Like a sweet icing type of smell. Pineapple skunk could go either way. It could be good, could be weird, but I think those 2 plants are too good to make a bad strain, but you never know. Likely some seeds will probably be more Pinapple and other Skunk, which would be just fine for me as well. 

12. I meant you can have two really good strains both your selected phenotype that sounds like it would be an amazing cross but it ends up coming out not as good as either parent was. The way i see it with crossing is you're trying to make something good even better. I think i learned that on the weed nerd, subcool was talking about how it happens to him sometimes. I think the best cross is going to be the super kush. You're going to have to plant a few seeds with the cindy cross because i bet you'll have a lot of different phenotypes. Plant at least ten of each before you chalk it up as an unsuccessful cross so you can try out the different phenos.

13. Alright Here's a quick update. I got the next run started late, but it's on its way. I'm planning on vegging for 2 more weeks. I scaled back my # of plants this time. 5 this time. We'll see how that does. The 2 clones of Pineapple Express are big. One of them took a bit longer to get into gear, but it's taking off now. I had to move the other to a fucking tote, and it's literally already as big as the 5 plants I had in there last grow. The fucking roots are enormous too. They're loving the extra space and extra bubbles from upgrading the pumps. So anyway, the two bigger plants are Pineapple Express clones and the other 3 plants that we got from some top shelf Cali bud when we were out there, so there's 3 of those as well. 2 are doing good and about to take off as the roots are starting to get big. The third I probably won't get much from as it's kinda mutantish, but we'll see. 

Smoke Report Update. I love me that Skunk. Nice, energetic high, great to smoke and then work out or do some work. The Bay 11 has finally come around from the cure. Has a REALLY strong, smell that no longer smells bad, actually smells pretty good. Definitely has a very distinct taste. If you ever smoked it before, you'd definitely notice it the next time. Definitely a bud you won't forget. Not necessarily a great one, but very distinct. Quite strong too, so if you're into smoking more for the buzz, then it's a good option, but the taste itself isn't overly great, but not bad at this point. 

Attached Files:

14. I guess no one is subbed into this anymore, so this is really more for me. Switched to flowering light this morning, and changed the timer so they're starting flower. I had 2 clones and 3 plants, but 2 of the plants were still small so I moved them to keep vegging for a few more weeks. The other plant was a little bigger so I decided to let it start as well. The 2 Pineapple Express clones are huge. Any suggestions for a quick, easy screen?

15. I just subbed in for the ride, brother! Do you want to do an individual screen for that tote? That's the way I would do it. I prefer to have individual screens per bucket/tote. That way I can still open it up and get inside the res. Know what I sayin? Although, my current grow no longer has a screen because my lid broke, I had to remove it, blah blah. It was a clusterfuck but thankfully I had trained and trimmed enough and gotten through the stretch so I was able to keep the screen off.

16. Not sure how I should go about building a screen. I usually just bend stems where I want them and use tie downs. What's the easiest screen to make?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Thought I'd post an update. So there's a total of 5 plants total right now. the 2 big Pineapple Express plants are 3 weeks into flower today. Then there's 3 plants in the back that we're calling Cali Bud since we got the seeds in a bag from a cali dispensary. Not sure the name, but it was good shit. Those 2 Pineapple Express plants are huge. I'm thinking I'm going to get almost the same amount from these 2 as I did from about 8 clones I had before. 

Plus I have 2 more PE clones going that are rooted, and vegging right now in DWC under a couple CFL's, with 2 more PE's rooted, but haven't been transplanted into DWC yet. Waiting to get my new air pump. I'm finally convincing the wife that upgrading this stuff is the way to go. So I got another 15LPM pump. So in all I'll have 9 plants in all with a total of about 50 LPM. Still looking to upgrade. I'd like to get a pump per plant or close at some point. Probably at least 10 LPM though per plant. Anyway, the 2 big PE's I have around 10 LPM's going to each right now. 

So first 2 pics are overview of the grow, the 3rd pic is closeup of the PE and last is the Cali Bud. Cali Bud's about 1 week into flower, PE's 3 weeks. 

Attached Files:

18. #98 MyDogSmokesWeed, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    Sorry for the lack of updates recently, just had a lot going on and since there hasn't been much traffic I haven't been posting much. Grow is doing great, Plants are huge, and I will have Pineapple Express all summer long.  :hello:  Here's an overall pic I snapped last night after lights out. The 2 Pineapple Express in front are about 5 weeks or so, and the Calibud on the left is about 3 weeks, and the other 2 Calibud's on the right are about 2 weeks. Those are all from the flip, not actual "flower". I just go until they're done, not necessarily days. I have 4 other Pineapple Express clones that are rooted and going in my closet as well. Maybe I'll snap a picture of those later. BTW, there's also a house plant in the corner that, ironically, is dying. I think I neglected it too long earlier and it's not recovering. 

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      47.2 KB
      Views: