Pineapple Express, Special Kush #1, Auto Trans Siberian, Auto Cream Caramel, and Auto Berry Ryder

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by MyDogSmokesWeed, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Here's an update. Day 38 of flower. I snapped a picture with the lights out. Buds are getting big and starting to swell up. The smell is awesome. Can't wait for these. 

Attached Files:

2. Day 41 update. They're getting big and starting to fatten up. Should be a good harvest. Can't differentiate too much in the pictures. It just looks like a sea of buds. 

Attached Files:

3. GREAT canopy for a single 1000 watter. You can tell you put love in to this and your reward comes soon :) excited to see what you pull. I'm going to guess 1.5 lbs. nice grow!

4. yeah, they're well taken care of. I've actually really taken to growing and it's a very satisfying thing to grow your own bud and not have to deal with shady dealers. Plus the bud I grow turns out better than I can buy usually anyway, so it's definitely a win-win. I'd be happy with 1.5lbs. I'm hoping for that and a ton of cannabutter. I have so many people that want cookies it's crazy. 

5. Dude somehow through all of your posts i've read i always missed the link in your sig. Good thing you said something in freshys journal or i would have probably missed your harvest dude. I'll answer your scrog question here instead of flooding freshys thread. In a way what you've done is the same thing. All the scrog does is make training easier. It tives you a set height to really get into training too. I still top when they are young and do a little lst but majority if the action happens when it starts hitting the screen. One hing you can do with a scrog you cant by regular training is weave the branches through. If they get too tall or aren't doing what you want you can just reach under and force it in the square you want. You can supercrop a few budsites down and it will make your plant wider and the budsite will grow up to fill the hole.

Really it just ensures your canopy is even and it gives bottom colas a chance to become a top cola. I did pretty much the same thing you did my last grow and it worked out great. I feel like i have a lot more control with the scrog though.
    image.jpg

I feel like i rambled a bit, my bad dude. I still haven't had my wake n bake. Good morning from the mid-west.

6. Thanks. A screen would have been easier. It took quite a bit of training to get them this way, but it works out. some of the plants in the 3 gallon pots aren't the same height, so I set them on other pots so they would be taller and the canopy is even. I can't wait for my harvest. The Special Kush is really fattening up. That's only a 7-8 week strain, so it may be done in a week or two, but I'm likely going to keep all of them for 3 weeks. The Special Kush will likely be a little over done, but it's a chance I'll take. It will still be good bud. They all smell so nice though. I can't wait to blaze a fat cross-joint of Pineapple Express while watching Pineapple Express.  :yay:

7. Congratz on the beautiful yield you've got there. I'm just curious, do most cannabis sativa plants grow at the same rate, or does it take different amount of time depending on the strain?

8. #68 MyDogSmokesWeed, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013

Honestly man, some plants just grow at different speeds. Same strain and one will go faster. I even have some clones that grow faster and better than others. It just depends sometimes.

Some strains will get taller, some shorter and bushy. I like to top and LST to make them all pretty much the same height, and basically a lot of training in Veg to make the canopy even, then switch over to flower. About the only thing I'm worried about coming up is the buds starting to really swell up and bending over. I can't wait for harvest, this one will be my best, but still plenty of room for improvement. 

9. [quote name="MyDogSmokesWeed" post="19124084" timestamp="1386514857"]Thanks. A screen would have been easier. It took quite a bit of training to get them this way, but it works out. some of the plants in the 3 gallon pots aren't the same height, so I set them on other pots so they would be taller and the canopy is even. I can't wait for my harvest. The Special Kush is really fattening up. That's only a 7-8 week strain, so it may be done in a week or two, but I'm likely going to keep all of them for 3 weeks. The Special Kush will likely be a little over done, but it's a chance I'll take. It will still be good bud. They all smell so nice though. I can't wait to blaze a fat cross-joint of Pineapple Express while watching Pineapple Express.  :yay:[/quote]
    Its always better to go too long than not long enough. I don't think you could do a better tribute to the movie lol. Have you seen this is the end yet? I couldn't breathe sometimes i was laughing so hard.

[quote name="YaSlava" post="19124100" timestamp="1386515065"]Congratz on the beautiful yield you've got there. I'm just curious, do most cannabis sativa plants grow at the same rate, or does it take different amount of time depending on the strain?[/quote

It was actually a pretty bad yeild. The bud was fire but i only got like 21 grams. For two weeks of veg that wasn't bad though. Strains grow at all different rates. Take tinybomb tor example. The first time subcool grew it out he only got a couple ounces off of it. A clone he gave to gave to a friend yielded over 10 oz with a little more veg time. Some strains start off slow and finish super hard and vica versa. You can take two of the same seed and end up with 2 different sativa dominant phenos where one could grow faster than the other and it's the same strain.

10. #70 YaSlava, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Keep up the great job. Great avatar choice, Captain Crunch is a must for brunch.

11. A few pics here. First is the overview, Next is a closeup of the Pineapple Express and the last is a closeup of the Special Kush #1. The Kush is really starting to fatten up. They all smell so nice. I can't wait for harvest time. 

Attached Files:

12. That kush looks amazing. You know the lineage on it?

13. #73 MyDogSmokesWeed, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    It's said to be Afghan Kush crossed with Skunk. It's from Royal Queen Seeds. To be honest, they were bought because they looked nice and they were super cheap. I think they were $28 for 10 feminized seeds. I think at the time I was $25 away from getting more freebie seed so I bought them. Plus I like skunk anyway. It says it's a good yielder though, and it's supposed to be great outdoors in case you grow outside. That's been the nicest looking plant the whole way though. It had tons of crystals from the very beginning of flower and it looks so frosty. They say it's a 7-8 week flower finisher as well. I'm going to let it go long. It's not really strong, but its supposedly an energetic high, which I wanted for one strain. I want to see how dense and heavy those nugs will get. I think I'm going to run them all until after Christmas. All the plants have a really beautiful smell though. 

14. A few more. First is the C99, 2nd is the Skunk, and the last is another of the Special Kush. I need to figure out what's happening. My camera is taking good quality pictures and somewhere between taking them and getting uploaded the quality is going down and you can't see them as well or zoom or anything. Not sure why. They're looking nice though. I'm worried they are going to swell a ton and I'm going to spend hours tying up buds. 

Attached Files:

15. @[member="SupaaBaked"] do you lollipop your plants? Kinda looks like it. If not, do you just trim a lot of the lower stuff? do you notice a big difference? I was planning on doing that for this grow, but I never actually got around to it, and then I had been doing a lot of leave trimming in order to get the canopy even and everything exposed. I do wish I would have taken the time to get more of the smaller buds off, but I left them on because I figured I'd use them for cannabutter if they aren't good buds.

I already started my seeds for next grow. They all popped using paper towel method, and I moved them to some organic soil with some plastic over them. 1 has come through the soil so far. I'll show some updates on those once they get going. I can't remember what is started. I think it's:

Vanilla Kush
    Original Sour Diesel
    Skunk #1 and
    Cotton Candy

Will likely take a couple clones from the best plants and might convert to single 5 gallon buckets for each plant so I can separate them a little more easily. 

16. Skunk #1 is really good and i've heard good things about he vanilla kush too. All 4 are silid strains. I do always lollipop my plants as long as i know they can take the stress. Everything under the screen is taken off all at once after the stretch. If i din't have a scrog i take every leaf off but the top set on each cola. Then i do it again 2-3 days before harvest followed by an icewater flush and 2 days of darkness. The more you stress your plants the last few days he frostier they get. As long as you know thy won't hermie.

17. #77 MyDogSmokesWeed, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    Unfortunately I'm not going to have time to harvest until at least after Christmas, so I have a feeling they will be begging to be cut down by then. I'm going to let them plump as much as possible though. They are starting to get fat. I'm probably going to have to start tying the branches up at some point soon. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that yet though. 

Yeah I love me a good skunk anyway, but Skunk #1 is supposed to be really nice. I got the Vanilla Kush because I had heard good things about it. Same with the Original Sour Diesel. It's supposed to be one of the nicest, most consistent strains there is. Definitely can't wait to try them out though. 

18. I have a friend who's favorite strain is sour d. I've smoked a quite a bit of it and i like it but i tend to like the sour d crosses better. A lot of people use skunk #1 for breeding. If you got regular seeds and end up with a nice male i would isolate it and keep the pollen personally.

You're at a bad time to lollipop. I would only do it in veg, the first week after the stretch is done and right brfore harvest. In the middle of flowering it will hurt more than it helps.

19. I know not to l9llipop now. I plan to next time though. I have all fem seeds so I wont be getting any seeds anytime soon. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Here's a quick update. Looking really nice. 1st is a group shot, 2nd Pineapple Express, 3rd Special Kush #1, and the 4th pic is Cinderella 99. They are looking good and fattening up a bit. That C99 in particular is going to be big. Not as dense of nugs as the rest, but looking very nice sized. Special Kush, Pineapple Express, Bay 11, and Skunks all have nice dense nugs. Smelling so nice. 

Attached Files: