Pineapple Express SOG

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Mister Nice, Jul 4, 2017.

  1. Howdy GC! This will be my first journal on here. I haven't documented this grow from the beginning so forgive me for the lack of pictures. A few details before I post my ladies up for all to see. This is actually my first grow with LEDs. My reason for switching from HID to LED was mainly to eliminate the heat issue, and the lower electrical draw was a nice bonus too.

    I currently have a 600w viparspectra bathing 18 (small) Pineapple Express plants in a brilliant purple light. I have them all growing in a SOG configuration inside of a 2' x 4' tent with a 4" inline fan and a Phresh filter to control odor (which the filter does remarkably well, first time using Phresh). The medium is Black Gold soil with no additional additives and I have been feeding them with Fox Farm Trio.

    I took 24 cuttings from my mother and after 10 days selected the 18 best looking clones and threw them in to flower. The mother is the first bonsai mom I have ever attempted, honestly I need more practice keeping a healthy bonsai. She's been going since November but I think I'm gonna take one more set of clippings for my next harvest and I will start a new mom from one of the clones.

    Now at 54 days of 12/12 I am eagerly awaiting harvest time. I have stopped nutes and will only water for the next 10 days or so until it's time to strip and hang my babes. Enough words though, let's take a look at the glamour shots.

    This is the earliest photo I have. Taken 11 days after the switch to 12/12. They more than doubled in size in that amount of time alone.

    17 days into flower. A little bigger, buds developing, nothing much to see here.

    33 days into flower. Now we got some colas!

    43 days into flower.

    52 days into flower. The final stretch is among us. They just need to ripen a bit more and I will be able to start preparing them for the alleviation of my anxiety.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

    That's all I got for today GC. Happy 4th all, enjoy your holiday! Until next time, cheers!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. I wanna see the finished porn shots

    Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Small update here. The babes are going strong. Good lord they smell wunderbar. In the mean time though, while I'm waiting for harvest, I'm over here preparing for my next crop. You can see below my bonsai mom, sure she ain't pretty but she's getting the job done for now. I took 8 cutting from her just a couple days ago.

    My plan is to have a continuous harvest every 18-21 days. Once my current crop comes down I will clean up and make room for my new crop. 6 clones vegged for 1 week, not including the time it will take for them to fully root, will be placed in the tent on a 12/12 light schedule every ~3 weeks. After the harvest of the first 6, which will be about 8-9 weeks, I will be able to hang new plants to dry every 18-21 days. So long as I can keep a healthy mom I will have a constant supply of pineapples. Of course having just one strain will eventually get boring I imagine, so additional strains will be acquired and new mothers will be nurtured.

    My Pineapple Express mom, before taking the cuttings.

    And here she is after I took 8 cuttings. She will be getting replaced soon as I'm unhappy with the way I have raised her. I will be taking cuttings from her for a little while longer still, but I will be nurturing a new one to replace her asap.

    Here we can see my mom back in the closet along with the clones in an excessively large humidity dome. Small closet but it's what I got. On the left we can see two Northern Lights x Big Bud plants. These came from seeds which I got when my previous NLxBB hermied. I'm contemplating whether or not to keep them. I wasn't too impressed with the flavor or the high I got from their mother. Maybe I can do better next time, or maybe I will remain unimpressed.

    Those seedlings right in front are from bag seeds from some brick weed I came across. Not expecting
    anything from them really. Just a fun experiment to see what comes out of it. Maybe they will turn out great. Maybe they are all males. And we all know what needs to be done if that's the case, sorry guys but this ain't no damn coed grow room.

    And if you were wondering, that empty pot has some recently planted garlic. Because I like garlic. Also because of it's pest repellent properties.

    Alright guys and gals, until next time. Cheers!
  4. So, bad news. Looks like I got mold. I thought I was doing a decent job at controlling humidity but I guess not. I came home from work today and took a close look at the trichs and noticed this on one of the lower buds....

    Closer look...

    It's small, but it's undeniably mold. After quickly looking through the rest of my plants I noticed a few more spots, but this one is the worst/biggest so far. I was going to harvest tomorrow or the day after but now I don't even know what to do. I'm feeling pretty pissed at myself for letting this happen. I think I'm going to cut them all today, pick out any affected buds and hope the rest of it dries and cures properly.

    What do you guys think? What would you do in my shoes? Is it worth it to pick out any noticeable mold spots or is the risk too great? Worse comes to worse I will just buy a case of butane and make a bunch of shatter.

    I need to go smoke. My anxiety is going through the roof right now.
  5. Alright here we go, pics first.

    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

    I ran into an issue a few days ago with mold. It was near time to harvest anyway so I cut my babes down and hung them to dry. Of course I scoured through every last inch of my plants with a flashlight and loupe to pick out any traces of mold, no matter how small.

    I found that the infection wasn't as bad as I had initially thought. We can see the afflicted buds I had placed in a bowl off to the side. I'm going to take these along with my trim and some butane to make some BHO.

    My girls have been hanging for a few days now and they seem to be okay...ish. I did find a couple more tiny mold spots, but it appears to be manageable at the moment. Time will tell for sure, and once I put them in jars I will find out real quick if there is any more mold that I missed.

    But I guess that is life after all. Shit happens, we make mistakes and learn from them. That's really all we can do. I'm going to be making a few changes for my next grow, I'll have another update with more info on that at a later date. See ya next time GC.
    • Like Like x 1

Share This Page