Pineapple Express & Blueberry Kush Autos (250w HPS)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by damian99, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Hello fellow growers, this is my second grow attempt. My first, even though going well, was never finished due to private matters. I'm growing 2 autos this time. They broke through the ground about 6-7 days ago. The setup so far is a closet and CFL lights (about 150w). I will be switching to hps for late veg and flowering if all goes well. One thing I'm a little concerned about is that the blueberry kush is going a bit slow. Always behind my P.E. Feedback appreciated:
    27535865_1793289287371169_267912041_o.jpg 27537161_1793288867371211_2020534607_o.jpg

2. Can anyone shed some light on this? What's wrong with the first plant? (blueberry kush). Is this normal? I'm giving them both the same amount of light, water etc. 27496086_1795220490511382_296399590_n.jpg

3. I have a blueberry kush auto from nirvana that is almost finished.
    Ran it with a sour liver strain and am thinking the kush was a bit behind in the beginning but can't really recall. you can have a look for comparison if ya like. (sig link).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yours looks similar to my pineapple express. But my blueberry kush looks fucked up. Its leafs look scrawny and weird. Any possible explanation for that?

5. It does look odd. I really don't know other than to blame it on genetics.
    Where'd ya get the seeds?

6. From the most popular greek seed store. This one is from nirvana. Either bad genetics or it's my fault. The cup I used is see-through and I wrapped a black plastic bag around it with tape. Maybe somehow the light gets to the roots? Or because of its dark color the temp inside the cup goes higher? Do you think that's possible?

7. I considered the clear cup, looks like you covered it up and know better now so didn't mention it.
    I don't know what light on the roots would do but at that stage doubt it has much of a root system yet.

Just grow it out and see what it does, the next set coming out looks normal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 27836215_1802737903092974_1530645399_o.jpg Two weeks old now..Blueberry kush still looking shitty. There seems to be a green material onto its soil. Any ideas?

9. That don't look normal at all.
    There are two pheno types... a blueberry and an og; with the blueberry being most desirable and more rare.
    I thought perhaps you may have got one of those but that just don't look good and while i can't see the green stuff, have no idea what it could be... but if it's some sorta fungus growing in there, I doubt that would be good to have around.

10. The green stuff is not too visible, it's very tiny. I will try to take a photo soon. Would you suggest terminating it and focusing on the other?

11. That's up to you, but unless you plan on getting more lighting very soon, one may be too many.

What soil is that and have you been feeding it anything?

12. Just a basic general use soil mixed with perlite. I gave them their first feeding yesterday. General hydroponics. I will be getting an HPS light soon enough.

13. Hope you don't regret that like i did... 600W hps just put off waaay too much heat for my small space... even with a portable a/c ducted to it, controlling the heat was most difficult.
    You might also consider leds if you don't have an a/c in that room yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was going for a two hundred fifty watt hps. Hope it's not too hot. But for now the weather is with me.

15. If possible, i would get one of the types that accept either hps or mh. Use the metal halide bulb in veg and the hps for flower... that's what I did at first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Don't know if it's possible with my budget. We'll see. I think my cfls should be enough for most of the veg. Also, here's the green thing. 27786422_1803163499717081_1643092535_o.jpg

17. It's probably algae from what I'm reading. Some say it's overwatering and not enough air circulation. I've been watering it at the same time as the other plant but with smaller amounts. Plus the plant has been looking shitty since the start. Maybe this is the source of the problem, or maybe just a result.

18. Yeah... its growing on the perlite and I thought that looked too wet unless you just watered it before the photo.

Its imperative that you allow them to mostly dry out between waterings... even to the point of wilting a little bit is ok but i generally don't allow that to happen myself. I usually need to water every third day at lights on time.

That soil mix don't have any time-release crap in it does it?

19. Think I would try to get all the green crap out, put a fan on 'em (light breeze aimed directly at 'em since it helps strengthen the stem) and allow them to dry more between waterings from now on.
    If necessary, pick 'em up to tell how dry they are by the weight.

It's not how much water you give them at once, it's how often you do it. They need to go through wet/dry cycles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I'm doing exactly that. Thanks