PineApple Express, Blue Dream, Pineapple Chunk, Holy Grail Kush Grow... NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tyronebiggums21, Nov 28, 2012.

1. #1 tyronebiggums21, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
    Im just getting back from thanksgiving break and have been out of town. I came back to find my plants with major yellowing on all areas of new growth throughout the plant. Now the leaves are starting to have gray nerotic spots appear in the middle of the leaves. The leaves are curling up and dieing fast... I need help guys.

I had a lot of healthy girls go bad quick and Im scared shitless so any help would be much appreciated. I was gone for a week and I have no idea what could have gone wrong so fast. I just kicked them into flowering a couple days before I left for the week of thanksgiving so Im not sure if that has something to do with it or not. They are all having the same symptoms it seems. They were grown 6 weeks under a HO Fluorescent lamp with no problems and moved to a 400 W HPS lamp after that. They have been under the 400W HPS for about 3 weeks and they were just starting to showing signs of flowering when I left for the holiday.

They are on a 12-12 light cycle in Miracle grow potting soil and the pH seems to be right around 7 in all pots altough Im second guessing my pH probes accuracy. I tested the runoff last night right at 7 with pH paper as well to make sure tho...still idk. The condition is from top to bottom on the plant but the large upper fan leaves seem to be unaffected. The temperature goes ranges from 60-80.2 at about 2 inches above the plants. The symptoms only seem to affect the growth tips, and it ranges from top to bottom of the plant, so I dont think it is heat stress...

Only the growth tips are yellowing and dieing, in all but the most advanced 2 cases which are pictured. I believed at first it was either a sulfur or magnesium deficiency so I have been foliar feeding with epsom salt. I have feed them 4 times in the past 6 days and I am wondering if I may have over done the salt now because all of the plants got a little greener after the feeding, but it never lasts longer than a day and symptoms seemed worse after that...

In desperation I fed last night with a 4-8-8 fertilizer thinking it may be a phosphorus deficiency after looking at some dead dropped leaves. The original amenesia plant was autoflowering so it is already 3 weeks or so into flowering, but it seems to be perfectly healthy.

Hopefully the pics will help. I am leaning towards believe that I have over salted the leaves at this point but I am not sure at all, I tried to make sure to use less than the 1/2 teaspoon per quart recommended but I am second guessing a lot at this point. I am getting really worried because the leaves are getting worse fast and I have a lot invested in this crop. I would love to be posting a large variety of flower pics soon, rather than trying to find out why 13 of my babies died. Thanks for any help guys, it would be a lifesaver... literally.

(4 Humboldt Blue Dream, DNA HG Kush, HG Kush 69, Humboldt Sour Diesel #2, Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk, Pinkapple Express, Original Amnesia, Pakistan Valley Kush, Tangerine Dream, Kosher Kush)

Attached Files:

2. I'm going to take a couple guesses but take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully someone with a lot of experience will chime in.

what are your temperatures? It looks like the tops of your plants are the worst, how far away are the lights? Also, pretty much everyone here hates miracle grow, this might be a cause (I could be wrong though).

Oh and next time use paragraphs lol, nobody likes reading a giant wall of text.

3. #3 tyronebiggums21, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up lol. I edited the post to make it more reader friendly. I appreciate your input bro. I dont think it is heat stress tho because the temperature stays between 60 - 81.2 degrees fahrenheit all the time. The temperature on the thermometer has never been above 82 degrees fahrenheit in any situation and it is sitting ~6 inches closer to the light than any of the tops of the plants. It could be possible tho Im not sure... ideas anyone?

The problem is all over the plant from the top, to the very bottom leaves. It only effects growth tips tho, except for slight spots on the two most advanced cases, which were pictured. I want to say that it is a sulfur deficiency but Im worried by what I thought was lackluster results from foliar feeding with epsom salt.

I have here pictures of the sour diesel #2 which is showing more advanced yellowing and now.

Once again, any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys. :wave:

Attached Files:

4. the first yellowing pictures looks like Iron def. when the yellowing starts at the stem and goes towards the tips. Sulfur usually turns whitish/yellow and starts at the tips.

The browning on the leaves looks like Phosphorous def.

But I have not actually had any of these problems so I'm only basing my answer on the research I've done.

How often do you water? and how much? the last pictures of the first set kind of looks like an under watered plant.

Good luck fixing your defs!