Pineapple Express auto falling over?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rickster74, Nov 11, 2019.

1. I can’t understand why this main stem is so weak. I germed in a peat pellet and then potted the pellet in a 5 gallon smart pot with FFOF and happy frog with some extra perlite mixed in. 130 watt Rspec LED at about 18”. I have a gsc auto I started in the same soil a few days earlier and it’s doing great. The Pineapple Express was growing leaves and looking very healthy, just tall and it toppled over. I have it propped for now, but is there a better solution? I did note the humidity in the tent had dropped to 46%, I don’t think that would cause this. I’m afraid to lower the light, but is that the answer? Or should I build up the soil around the main stem? This is my first grow.

Thanks!

2. Don't build up the soil around the stem. Keep the soil loose and aerated. Using a support is just fine. If there are no other problems, other than the plant is falling over, then there really are no problems. Just keep doing what you have been doing.

* Just be careful about how you "prop it up." A bamboo stick should be fine. I use a roll of plastic plant tie ribbon. Be gentle, nothing too extreme and it should grow just fine.

3. Silica is your plant's friend.
    Good luck.

4. Sorry, that’s a new one for me. I did a quick search. Is there a brand you recommend? How do you use it for young plants? Every watering? Thank you

5. I use either Botanicare Silica Blast or GH Armor SI.
    I'm not a soil grower, so I can't help with the other questions. Sorry.
    Silica produces strong cell walls and strong branches.....and it helps with hot or cold extremes.
    Good luck.

6. A photo of the damaged area would be helpful... and the whole plant, as well.
    A seedling or a grown plant?

7. I got some silica, but before it arrived, I just propped up the plant with a couple of supports made with the padded wire. After about two days, it was standing on its own again and now the main stem looks green and stalk like and no longer purple and whispy. The plant itself never showed any stress and is growing just fine now. I have added the silica to a couple of waterings since. Can't hurt right? I am trying now to decide whether to top this one. It is 4 days behind my GSC auto which I topped yesterday and today looks great. In 3 more days I'll decide. Thanks for all the suggestions.

8. You should never top a plant that’s not healthy and growing fast. Especially an auto. A healthy plant will recover easily at least most of the time and if your plant is just starting to stand up it’s not ready for any hst.