Pineapple Chunk Feminised From Seed Dwc 5 Gal First Time

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Darknetgrower, Jul 28, 2014.

1. I bought a prefab bucket but plan on making at least one more. I am not totally new to growing this is my 4th grow 1st hydro.

Barneys Pineapple chunk fem from seedsman. Got some bonuses also but ill grow the pc first.

I have read as much as i can and still lookong for more to read. Time to just do it as thats the best way to learn.

This thread will follow my progress from pre seed to harvest with pic updates. Most likely ill be using imgur albums unless that's frowned upon.

I will have so many questions i already know. Ill be looking for advice/feedback.

Thanks for reading.

2. Pineapple Chunk from Barney's was one of my first indoor strains I grew. It stretches like NO OTHER though, so if you have height limitations, flip it early! It can get 4-5x as large in flowering I've never had a strain strech like that.

3. From past grows i know that it's best to have everything u need before u start.

So I bought some necessities.

Questions
    1. Is that water container ok?
    2.Also the timer has 24 on off cycles so is that enough?
    3. For dwc, is 2 spare buckets good?
    4. Will that stick on thermometer work to tell water temp if i put it on the outside?
    5. My understanding of watering is to add nutes then ph balance it. Is that right?
    6. Can anybody recommend a good ph meter that is quality and will last? I do have a budget but i know that quality costs.

Love u all thanks for being here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. Im subbd ! Will follow you through your journey and help out as much as possible. I would reccomend a 5 gal bucket (darkest color) . As for spare buckets, it is good to have a 1:1 ratio. For example if I have 2 plants growing in 2 buckets then I would also have 2 spare buckets to transfer plants while cleaning/maintaing. As for meters (pH,ppm,and thermometer/humidity) there are a number of choices on Amazon and eBay. I have no personal reccomendations but I will tell you this , YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR . don't expect a highly accurate fancy meter if you ain't ready for a fancy price lol. Yes you do add water/nutes and play with pH and ppm readings until you've got them adjusted to your plants liking. I love to follow journals and learn from others so get your shit goin an lets grow !!! Haha im here for ya if ya got any questions and yes your right the best way to gain real experience is to just do it ! some background knowledge can never hurt tho I spent 2 years on GC daily following others journals until I finally had my first grow ! And I still made mistakes . All you can do is learn .

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thanks for the sub! I hope to make this into a great journal.

For temp control i have a cooltube that i will attach a fan to. I have a fan already its 188cfm so i hope its enough, and it should be as my space is 96 ft^3. Last time i had problems but i was in a tent and i dont think i had it configured properly. This time i plan on blowing the air over the light and out of the space. Is it right to think that i should have an intake then the fan/light then out? Im still too early for pics of my space or i could explain better. But heres my fan and light. Is this configuration good? Or should i pull air off the light but that's what i did before and it was hot as fuck in my 4x4x8 tent.

The fan is from a big ebay hydro shop as is the light and i am embarrassed to say that i forget if the light is 4 or 600w but im leaning to 600. Its mh.

Attached Files:

6. In my oppinion your intake/outtake plan should be fine I would add another fan blowing directly on the plants just for a more controlled temp (if needed). You could try running it as you have planned and just add more fans if need be

7. #7 Darknetgrower, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    Jj Thanks for the reply. So i want the fan to be basically an extension of the light or should i use some ducting between fan and light?
    Heres my space. I plan on putting some kind of partition above the wood thing there but what do u recommend?

Also once i do put that up i would put an inlet on one side and an outlet on the other to make a close loop with the fan/light combo in the center. . Right or no? Then would i need another intake and outlet? I think yes.

Its basically a closet with no door but a makeshift one put here by previous owners. The wood piece doesn't go all the way to the ceiling.

I have this old store cabinet display thing i was thinking of using for handy access to items and devices and potions and such. One such potion is this rootbastic stuff. How is that? Its 3 years old tho. Oh also I almost forgot i have a "recipe for success" kit but its also old can i still use it?

Temperature and humidity meter with a long cord with a sensor on it. Light pulleys. Cool stuff i just found in the attic from last grow. Incidentally just as a glimpse into how picky i am about herb i harvested 76g of decent bud from a supercropped who knows what bag seed. (i know it was stupid to grow out a bagseed if im picky.) and i made bho out of almost all of it because i didnt think it was dank enough to smoke as flowers.

Attached Files:

8. I think you have the right idea making the fan an extension of the light. As far as the partition that is a personal preference. As for the extra intake/outtake you read my mind ! Lol I literally was thinking right before you said it. I honestly have no idea about your rootbastic and recipe for success question as I have never used but assume it would do no harm (you may want to get a better oppinion). I am still researching and testing nutes for myself. Have not determined a real keeper yet. And 76g from bagseed ?? Lol I have the WORST experiences with them !

9. Seeds have landed. Im starting 2 right in the rockwool. Thats safe, right? Now starts the actual journey.

Attached Files:

10. Well all the 10 seeds went flying when i opened the package. I found 7 in my carpet still missing 3. Fml.

Attached Files:

11. Lol 7 could still pull a good yield the other 3 may just be playing hard to get ! Haha give em time

12. I meant give it time you will find em

13. seems like it would be good for a mainline...

Does it flower as fast as they claim?

14. #14 Darknetgrower, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
    Mainline?

15. #15 Darknetgrower, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    Forgot pic of journal

Another question. When i start taking ph readings is there a guide to adjusting ph.

Also- calibration? Is that a difficult task?

Attached Files:

16. Got some toys in today. Ph meter and tds meter, ph up and down, elemental 571gph pump with 6 outlets.

I have the ph meter sitting in calibration solution for a few hours.

Attached Files:

17. Glad to see your progress. looks like your about fully up an runnin !

18. Got 6 airstones to go with my 6 outlet pump.

Also last night got 4 more buckets so i plan on running 3 total. Having 2 backup. I should get 1 more i know.

Question should i tape te bottom of the buckets also or does being on the ground stop the light from entering the bottom?

Attached Files:

19. We have a root going thru the NP! Oh happy day. And starting anpther plant also pineapple chunk fem.

Attached Files:

20. Started feeding with flora grow 2ml per gallon. They are in their permanent homes. Not much root growth.

Attached Files: