Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pineal gland and marijuana?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blayzed619, Jul 5, 2011.

1. I was expecting a totally different and disturbing thread

2. Lmao same I thought it was gonna be about how weed affects your dick.

3. My expectations must have seriously plummeted here because I was actually expecting him to say he was going to stick weed up his dick...

4. Me too, guess all our heads (no pun intended) are in the same place...

Kind of like when people talk about the penal system (legal/judicial) or being a pianist.

Sorry OP don't have any helpful advice, consider this a bump for your thread.:)

5. I like this site thanks for finding it OP. =D

6. The rat pineal gland comprises an endocannabinoid system. (abst – 2008)[FONT=&quot] The rat pineal gland comprises an endocannabinoid ... [J Pineal Res. 2008] - PubMed result[/FONT]

Cannabinoids attenuate norepinephrine-induced melatonin biosynthesis in the rat pineal gland by reducing arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase activity without involvement of cannabinoid receptors. (full – 2006)[FONT=&quot] Cannabinoids attenuate norepinephrine-induced melatonin biosynthesis in the rat pineal gland by reducing arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase activity without involvement of cannabinoid receptors - Koch - 2006 - Journal of Neurochemistry - Wiley Online[/FONT]

7. Marijuana is marijuana..

You really want to look into the Pineal gland and have your mind blown?
    Look into DMT.

8. Nice refs Storm Crow. I always wondered why a nice toke always came down to some refreshing sleep. This inhibition of N-acetyltransferase means that cannabinoids have an almost SSRI-like effect on melatonin. Now, it also seems that they used extra-psychoactive concentrations of THC/CBN, but even at 0.1 micromolar (100 nanomolar, compared to Ki = 32 nanomolar), there are visible effects. By the way, the link between DMT and the pineal gland (release at death) has not really been supported real well, but we do know DMT is produced by the brain as a metabolic byproduct. DMT is really a wonderful molecule, so simple of a structure yet it can put you into a different fucking universe for a good ten minutes AT LEAST.

Now as for cannabis and the pineal, cannabis doesn't really affect specific regions like say, methamphetamine does. Cannabinoid receptors are found all over the brain. Prohibition sources will say this is a BAD thing (more receptors = more dangerous impairment OHH NOEEES). But that's one side, because this also means that a) cannabinoids play a role in the brain at the very least b) the anti-tumor effects can reach almost all parts of the brain via CB1 receptors, thus providing treatment for god-awful brain cancer and c) weed fucks up real good.... in a good way

This US Patent demonstrates that cannabinoids prevent tumor migration in the pineal region: \t\t\t\t\tUnited States Patent Application 20080262099

9. #10 nonamedank, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yes esp with joe rogan talkin about it!