Pinching - Hybrids? When?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Zbexx, Jun 6, 2018.

1. (First time grower) Ive been doing some research on pinching, my take away is you should have 3-4 established leaves with nodes, and it is better to pinch Sativas than Indicas. But I still have unanswered questions....

Should I pinch my hybrids? I have Cindy 99 and Marionberry Kush (raspberry kush × space queen), I have no idea which type is more dominanat of sativa/indica.

If I should pinch, when? How soon? How tall? How many times for hybrids?

Also, how early should I consider pruning?
    Attached is a photo from my girls uesterday and today, man they are hrowing like weeds (Top: Cindy 99, Bottom: Marionberry Kush)

Attached Files:

2. 2nd lateral I FIM/pinch out even lolly pop or lst

I don't de leaf

or stake down non exisitng buds either

good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. "Even lolly pop or 1st" can you please elaborate a bit more....im not understanding the jargon yet.

4. I top on 4th or 5th node then LST (low stress training) the four mains out when long enough. Once the four mains turn up, I Top those to create 8 mains, and more LST of the undergrowth that has caught up to the tops. I defoliate the fans to the top two nodes on each branch very often during veg.I mean I take ALOT of leaves to allow the light to hit the undergrowth and as a result the branching on all LST’d horizontal branches, grow vertical so they become tops as well. I end up with about 20-30 tops and very little larf this way.

• Like Like x 2