Pinapple Express... tisk tisk

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Wavytoker, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Dazed and confused is still my favorite stoner movie of all time :D

2. Explain how Seth Rogan and James Franco DIDN'T portray stoners accurately?
    They did, far better than in Half-Baked which almost seemed to me to be making fun of stoners (Not helped by the fact that the director knew nothing about weed).

3. I love that movie, but I actually have to agree with the OP here on one account. I did think the movie presented a serious anti-weed message in the end. Sure, everything works out, but he loses his girlfriend and alienates himself from his best fiend and one point, and the movie blames the weed.

I came away from that movie disappointed in how a film about pot could attribute MJ to messing up a guys life.

4. It was a movie for weed smokers. If you smoked weed, you would realize how ridiculous most of the weed association was in the movie. Also you would realize that alot of what the main characters do in the movie is similar to weed smokers, such as the drug dealer using big words out of context then trying to prove hes right by explaining the definition. But thats what made it funny as hell. I loved the movie, but i also liked clerks and mall rats so.

5. I like how the dealer starts being all gangster when those people come in. lol

6. #46 Cameron8679, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    "Even if he found that roach, how could he know where we are?"

"Uhm, heat seeking missiles... uh, blood hounds...foxes...barracudas..."

"I'm sorry, it's just that I'm kind of flabbergasted when you say things like that"

lol, this movie has so many hilarious parts, don't know how someone couldn't laugh at least 5-10 times during it (more when stoned lol). Granted, it's not the best stoner comedy and it might not have lived to up to the hype in the eyes of some, but me and all of my friends found it pretty damned funny and quotable throughout the whole movie.

The lamest line in the whole movie is when Dale tells his girlfriend he can't be addicted to marijuana because duh, he uses a bong which "filters out the addictive shit", I just cringed when I heard that lol.

"It smells like vomit in this house", hahahaha I can do that exact same voice it sounds hilarious.

7. ^ ya, there was some funny stuff in the movie. and I agree with the CREATOR(I don't know why it's funny to say that in a loud dramatic voice) that all the action and stuff got REALLY old.

8. #48 MoonJuice, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
    That's exactly what I was getting at in my post, the action scenes just didn't work, especially in comparison with the more dramatic/comedic elements of the film.

IMO Franco legitimately should have nominated for an Oscar for his role. I've never really been a fan and I wasn't sure if he could pull it off but he was admittedly excellent throughout.

This is probably my favorite sequence in the film:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzg97H3RhoM"]YouTube - Pineapple Express - Red Kills Matheson[/ame]

"I fucking love you dawg! [whisper]I fucking love you...[/whisper]."

That part gets me every time, there's such conviction in Franco's voice as he delivers that line. Haha, so great.

9. I think Pineapple Express was a bit unfocused. Tried to be part pot-comedy and part extra violent action flick. I prefer my pot comedies pure :)

As such, Cheech & Chong movies still rule. And of more recent movies, the Harold & Kumar ones are great, How High are great too. Even Puff-Puff-Pass, eventhough it is a bit dark, and not as lighthearted as the other ones.

10. Parts of this movie brings a tear to my eye.

I can't even watch a scene with red in it without laughing before he says anything. So many things that I can draw back to my life and think upon... You guy are bastards linking those red videos. Was feeling motivated to do something, now its back to youtube.

11. i enjoyed this while i was ripped out of my mind, red was hilarious, and as everyone else will say the two main characters were great.

i prefer some older stoner movies though, like idle hands for example, that was a funny one..