Pimp C found dead in hotel room

Discussion in 'General' started by ondrugz, Dec 4, 2007.

1. R.I.P. UGK's Pimp C
    [​IMG] Pimp C, legendary rapper/producer of Houston-based rap duo UGK, was found dead in a Hollywood hotel room this morning, according to TMZ.com. Born Chad Butler, the unmistakable, charismatic wordsmith was 33. TMZ reports that L.A. firefighters responded to a 911 call at the Sunset Strip's Mondrian Hotel, where they found the rapper dead in his bed. No information on cause of death has been given at this time.

Formed some twenty years ago by longtime friends Butler and and Bernard "Bun B" Freeman, UGK are largely responsible for the deliberate, loping Houston sound further pioneered by the duo's good friend, the late Robert "DJ Screw" Davis. Pimp C spent from 2002 to 2005 incarcerated in a Texas prison on an aggravated assault charge, leading to the ubiquitous "Free Pimp C" rallying cry throughout the hip-hop industry.
    UGK spent much of the '00s away from the studio, but were enjoying a banner 2007 with the release of the stellar, sprawling Underground Kingz LP and its triumphant, Outkast-boosted single "International Player's Anthem".

[​IMG]Video: UGK: International Player's Anthem (ft. Outkast) [from the Underground Kingz

i don't even know what to say, UGK was my favorite group of all time and ill never get another album :(

RIP Pimp

2. damn.. UGK is definitly one of my fav rap groups... wonder how he died ..

RIP PIMP C

3. damn man im sorry, reminds me of the day MAC DRE died sad day for you, me, and many
    RIP PIMP C

4. damnit another one of our legends gone :( sigh.....

He was a "big namer" too. This is going to affect our music for sure. damn.

5. damn thats crazy man. Thanks for posting this or I may not have known ever.

6. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn fam grown man in tears I was raised on UGK.. UGK ALumni Fam.. Too Hard To Swallow.. SUper Tight ...RIdin Dirty.... Dirty Money.... Trill Azz Mixes... man I cant even see the screen straight ... WHy it gotta happen to the real *****z.. god damn R.I.P. PIMP C... I know they hurtin In Port Arthur

7. a sad day for hip-hop

r.i.p. pimp C

8. Damn man that really does suck

R I P Pimp C

9. Hmmm odly enough I dont recognize the name. Ill have to youtube him up.

None the less, RIP

10. RIP Pimp C. All i can say.

11. daaaaaaaaaamn..

fuckin sucks...

RIP

12. shit man, One Day is such a great song, and its message really applies here. Damn.

13. Oh man...

Aint this some shit?

14. Damn dude. Im bummed bad now :(

15. wtf man. This is terrible news. Pimp c and Bun b are the shit dude. He was looking all healthy and eveything. Maybe too much drugs or something. What a tragedy.:(

16. Man this is really sad. RIP brother, thank you so much for all your creative contributions, you made the world a better place by being a part of it. You will be missed.

"I got Bobby by pound, Whitney by the key, DJ Screw by the gallon, bitch da game belongs to me..."

~UGK - "The Game Belongs to Me"~

17. damn, RIP Pimp C.

18. Capt. Ed Winter of the L.A. County Coroner's office tells TMZ that it appears as though rapper Pimp C died of natural causes in a Hollywood hotel room today.

We're told no drug paraphernalia or other drugs were found in the room. The rapper, we've learned, was found fully clothed on top of the bed. He did not seem to have fallen or injured himself and he was positioned on his side.

Winter said it did not appear that there was anyone else in the room at the time of his death. An autopsy will be performed and toxicology test results will be available in six to eight weeks.

Pimp C, whose real name is Chad Butler, was one half of the Houston rap duo UGK.

19. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rCWH2MmlHQE&rel=1&color1=0xd6d6d6&color2=0xf0f0f0&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rCWH2MmlHQE&rel=1&color1=0xd6d6d6&color2=0xf0f0f0&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>