Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pill bottle?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kouchlockOG, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Are pill bottles air tight? I broke my mason jar, on accident, and need a new storage method for the meantime.

2. No they are not.

I sugguest a ziplock and a tupperware container, like the kind you put leftovers in. Might not be 100% airtight but its the closest household thing i can think of.

3. Mason jars are not airtight :) But yes a pill bottle will do the trick

4. Yeah they're pretty good. I use them for preground bud. They eventually get smelly after a while but good for short term. Your best bet is a new mason jar. Most pill bottles are still good though for shorter term storage.

5. The ones with the rubber tops are

6. if you have a wide mouth container but it is not airtight around the lip use some Vaseline or something to make an airtight seal. just remember bud will stick to that and vise versa. I wouldn't really wanna smoke petroleum jelly!

7. Or you could just get an airtight container.

8. They work fine for small amounts of bud, I bet you wouldn't even notice the difference in moisture.

9. pill bottles are money. im almost positive their airtight

10. No but film containers are.

11. It's done the job for me.. I have it in a ziplock then in the pill bottle. Done that for months.

12. some pill bottles are airtight..some arent

13. Close enough for you not to notice the difference. I have been using pill bottles for years.

14. That's how I look at it. + if its in a ziplock...

15. heres how to test it lol,

fill whatever the container you want to use with water, put top on, shake turn upsdie down if no water, airtight. if water leaks, not airtight.

16. I still say the old plastic film containers are the best :)

17. I was thinking fill with air and put in glass of water submerged and see what happens

18. Aren't H2O molecules larger than just O molecules...?
    Sorry if I'm wrong or I'm using incorrect terminology but I think air should be able to fit through spaces that water can't.
    This seems like a much better idea.

19. The problem is it will float... but if u fill a container to the top then add the bottle then cover it ( some water will spill) that will hold it underwater. Keep in mind u want the top on top so the air can escape if its going to. If its upside down the air will stay in no matter what.

20. i have my bud in some cheap sandwich baggy, and then put that in a nice ziplock baggy and then i put it in a pill bottle and it seems to work fine

doesn't smell at all until you open it, and then it's a big waft of dank

pill bottles suck if you have giant buds though. i had a bud the size and shape of a strawberry the other day and it was hard pulling that bitch out when i finally had to break it up