Pictures of my refurbished peace pipe!!

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Lynchings, Mar 8, 2010.

1. #1 Lynchings, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
    Big Edit: This thread was originally just to show off pictures of my refurbished peace pipe, but now I'm looking for a name. Nothing that comes to mind seems quite right, so I'm searching for some help from the City. I decided that instead of making a new thread using the same pictures, I'd just change the title and bump it.

-------------------------------------------------

Alright, I doubt if any of you remember, but a while back I posted on the board looking for help on how to fix my broken peace pipe. Well... nobody had any advice, so I just went with Shoe Goo. FYI, Shoe goo is a pretty amazing substance, and I highly recommend it for mend-it-yourselfer's.

I needed to fix two parts: The first part was easy, it was just when I snapped it. It was a pretty clean and straight break, so not really a problem. The second part was a tad more difficult, and occured when my friends and I were first hollowing out the pipe. You see, when we found the pipe, it did not have a hole going through it and was a solid peace of ceramic (exception being the bowl). So, we had to drill. Unfortunately, we were off on our angle by a little bit, and broke through the bottom at a part. We readjusted and made it through to the bowl the second time. So, I had to seal that bottom part completely with a layer of Shoe goo, which was pretty tricky.

Anyways, this is the finished item. It might look a little crooked in the photos, but I can't tell in real life. Plus it's a pretty bomb peace pipe. So... shut up. I really love this pipe. It's pretty scuffed up, but that's just because of it's use. Also, I like this pipe because it builds a sort of brotherhood; it's too long to effectively light it by yourself, so we have to light it for our friends. It's pretty great for medium-sized groups. Yeah... Unfortunately, I'm too white trash to get a regular filter for it. It's the final piece of the puzzle I need to put in... we've had to use super ghetto aluminum foil filters/bowls with holes punched in. Other than that, it's a blast to smoke out of.

[​IMG]

The whole peace pipe. I couldn't find a regular 12-inch ruler in my house, and I didn't want to put it next to my yard-stick because then it would look pretty teeny. The total length of the pipe is approximately 57.5 centimeters, which is about 22.6 inches, which is almost 2 feet long.

[​IMG]

Yeap. This is the first section of the pipe. It's got a nice little bird etching. Sorry about the dull(?) photos. My digital camera pretty much refused to focus correctly because it was so close.

[​IMG]

This is an etching of a deer. Obviously, this is one of the parts where it was broken. You can't see it in this photo, but this is also the part where we broke through the bottom and snapped the pipe.

[​IMG]

Yeah, I'm not really sure what this etching is. A sun? No idea. As you can see, this is the middle section between the two breaks. The bad break is on the left, with the clean break on the right. Wow, it really looks like I screwed up big time reattaching the left piece. But hey, not exactly easy. It wasn't a clean break, but it wasn't the jagged kind of break where you could easily fit it together. It was a stupid break.

[​IMG]

Yeap. A buffalo. Just in case you weren't actually sure, we've been going through each section of the pipe, left to right. This is the second to last section.

[​IMG]

Ah, topped off with a kickass eagles head. It's so tight, especially in real life. It almost has an aura of badassery permeating the area around it.

[​IMG]

The bowl. Pretty big bowl. Like I said, I've been using aluminum foil to smoke out of it. Healthy? Probably not, but this is my favorite pipe, so I can't just not smoke out of it.

[​IMG]

Yeah, this is the break I was talking about. Not a pretty sight. I will eventually (not likely) paint this over, along with the other nicks.

[​IMG]

This is the other break. Obviously, much cleaner, much easier to do. After gluing it together, I glued the outside part as well for stability. Shoe goo is pretty solid stuff, so it should hold unless I try to break it apart. I learned that lesson the hard way; don't ever test adhesives, because you're just going to press a little harder each time until it breaks, and you'll have to start all over again.

[​IMG]

Final picture, from the smoker's end.

I wished I still had photoshop, I kind of wanted to enhance these photos. You know, bring out the colors and hide the blotches and stuff. But, whatever.

----------------------------

Yeap. So that's my pipe. I was thinking of something sort of Native American-ey, maybe Middle Eastern, but if I like it, anything would do.

2. Damn man that's pretty awesome. I wish I had a peace pipe! Where'd you find this?

3. tighttttttttt

4. thats an excellent pipe man
    hope the fix holds

5. thats sick as fuck
    and instead of aluminum, just buy a screen or some glass screens,
    cheap and safe
    :3 or just pack a nice nug in there as a screen and then the broken bits over it.

6. We found it hidden in the corner on the top shelve of my friend's closet. We were checking out his new pad (he had just moved into a house), and there it was! We drilled it out the next day (we wrapped the broken part in lots of electrical tape), and a couple of weeks later, when he decided to go on a T-break, I bought it from him for $20.

7. Bumpdizzle.

8. go with something native american. chief comes to mind because i watched one flew over the cuckoos nest recently

9. Chief Tokin' Eagle

Geronismoke

Chief Brokin' Tokin'

Chief Stiff Wood

That's all I got right now

10. Eagle leader alpha totom squad intrigued chief. Pipe.

If thats too long shorten it up to

Elastic.

The elastic pipe.

11. bald beauty.

for the eagle

12. #12 ThePenguin, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
    Screaming Eagle

Gonna hit it and try again screaming eagle is like intense.

13. I have one piece thats a hammer bubbler with a pretty long stem that I named penguin.
    I have a spoon that is black glass w/ mutlicolor egyptian canework w/ a matte finish named antimatter.
    I have a double blow spoon with a serious interior screw, smooth exterior named bottle rocket.
    Girlfriend has a 8" sherlock bubbler blue/green named The Green Wizard.

If I was you I'd name it Out West, it's one of my favorite songs by a friend's band. But since you're not me I should try something more relevant to the pipe...

Sky High perhaps, or just Sky. You might even try Easy Rider on for size, in retrospect that's probably what I'd name it. Maybe even Easy Rider 1969 I mean why not, right?

14. You mean, Elatsic?