Pictures of my first grow...about to start flowering...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Hope Springs, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Before you look at these pics, I know, we shouldn't have them grouped in the pots. This is our first grow, and we messed up a bunch of stuff. We had these really old seeds from stuff we'd bought and smoked. The guy we bought from gave it up, so we decided to give it a go. what have we got to lose? So we did some energy work on them, and planted 20 seeds. We were floored because 17 germinated! We've lost a couple in the course of time, but 13 survived! I have no idea what strains they are, and there are definitely different strains here. One popped balls out, and we cut the big boy down. And one has lots of hair, so she's definitely a girl. We hadn't moved them to 12/12 yet, so those are obviously auto-flowering strains.

We had really crappy lights on them to begin with, and most of them were small stunted things. we bought a 400w HPS and transplanted the stunted ones into their own pot. For budget constraints, we're keeping it to the two. They all exploded once we got the HPS set up.

So we just switched them to 12/12 light cycle, which means I expect to see more budding!! I'm posting some pics here. There are in the bathroom, and the tallest one is taller than me in the pot (i'm 5'6"). The stunted ones are shorter but bushy as hell. :hello:

I've posted pics of the sexing here: http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=48994

In the meantime...enjoy! :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. None look to leafy, but the looks like they have abuncha tips. report your yield.

3. hi hope springs, thats looking good for a 1st grow. even tho they are in the same pots n stuff they do look nice and green. the only thing that worrys me is the hight of them. have u given any thought to doing some training on them, splaying them out a little?

4. Yep they look healthy alright!
    U using ferts yet?
    Good luck!
    CWL

5. we're using a water soluble 20-20-20 on them. going to look for something with higher potassium for flowering. pH is around 6.6...needle wobbles a little.

We've talked about doing low stress training on our next grow. I don't know that I want another plant taller than me! ;) So I am researching LST and scrog to see which I'll go for. I also dunno if I want to germ 20 seeds again! I almost shit when I saw most of them germed! :D

But oh yeah...we're curious what our first yield is gonna be on this many planties...we've been smoking the male..........and it just ain't the same...................................:(

6. I dunno if you posted it or not, but how old are they? They look like mighty fine plants, grown well, and very healthy. I can't wait to find out what you yeild from them... But nice first grow! And of course smoking the male isn't going to be as good... Males have way less THC...

7. Smoking the male is better than nothing at all! LMAO! :D

The sweeties are about 3 and a half months old.

8. Are those stems pretty thin? I dont no to much, but for a big plant those don't look to sturdy, especially if it decided to yield a good amount.

9. don't know if the stems are too thin or not...pretty new at this too. They seem pretty strong at the moment...and if not then we'll just stake them as best we can.

10. Hi there Hope looks like some sweet plants ya got there. Lookin forward to seein' the finished product :smoking:

Gg

11. if u need stix to hold them up its a good sign they not strong enough. remember thats just the weight of the stem and a few leaves they holding up so when u get bud its gonna bend them right over.

12. They're not staked right now...we've got the stakes out in case we need them. We had them staked when we had them under the crappy lights. We;ve been making sure they get plenty of "wind" so the stems are pretty thick to me...but it's not like i've got a lot to compare em to!

13. The big plant...the one as tall as me has started to sprout little white hairs! 2 days into flowering, I have 2 definite females! I'll post pics as soon as the hairs are big enough to photograph!

14. Congrats on the baby girl, Glad to see your journal hope, Can't wait to see what that 400hps bud looks like.
    Vokal

15. We have 4 definite girls, and just cut out 3 males....one of them poofed on me...uh-oh...bastard came on me! LMAO:D I'll post some pics soon...

16. It's been a few weeks since I posted anything new on the girls. They are now almost three weeks into flowering, and they are coming along beautifully. We culled a bunch of males and one hermy. I got a 30x loupe so I can peruse the buds and harvest at the best time.

The tallest one has been named Big Bessie, and gawd is she HUGE! Measured 69" tall on Sunday. I swear she's grown another 3 inches since then! Good thing I don't have any height issues. Bessie's covered with grow tips, well over a dozen. Between the 5 girls, we should have a pretty spiffy harvest.

I think I'm going to add ferts once or twice more before I flush them. They're getting close to harvest, and I'm getting super excited!! :cool:

But enough yakking...here's the pics!

Attached Files:

17. hehehehehhe

Attached Files:

18. did i see right? are you using plant reflector lights? like the kind u buy at wal-mart?
    i thought incadescents were of no use.

19. yep...but it gives some illumination until we get the second 400w HPS...which should arrive Monday or Tuesday...

20. I was a little stoned and playing with some lenses and Big Bessie. She's such a big girl. :smoke: And I took some cool shots of one of her growing tips. One of em came out real cool, you can see the bud soooo well, so I'm posting it here for ya'll. :hippie:

Attached Files: