Pictures of my first closet grow room!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by matrix1004, Aug 29, 2008.

1. #1 matrix1004, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
    Well, this is my first real post even though I have asked some dumb questions on GC before. I have set up a grow room closet in my house and after reading and researching, was wondering if my setup even comes close to being decent for my first bag seed grow. Ok, here we go, let me first explain my setup and then show u some pictures of what I got.

Back in april I was given 2 seedlings from bag seeds by a friend who couldn't grow them @ his place, so I put them in my yard. Well, @ that point I knew nothing about growing MJ. After googling (how to grow MJ) I ran across GC, little did I know that I was going to be hooked and obsessed with this whole growing community. I have read just about every thread on here and decided to try and clone from the mother plants my friend gave me (females both by the way) out of experimentation purpose only (not really thinking it would work). Next thing I know I have seven clones that started flourishing and I started buying lights and stuff.

I guess I just want some feed back to know if my set up is ok for the grow I have going on or is it still weak? I just placed clones into 12/12 because they were getting pretty tall after one month.

I have 1 interchangable ballast from ebay-400 watt MH/HPS light, 2 T-8 shop lights with 4-32 watt flouros, 2 T-12 shop lights with 4-40 watt flouros, 1 -75 watt plant light (puts out 17 watts). I have central a/c cooling the closet, with 1 small oscillating fan and 1 box fan both on low setting. Are the flouros ok? oh, grow medium is MG ( I know, it sucks) but for starters it will sufice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Floros are fine for the first 2 weeks or so. I guess you could use both but might be able to get away with just the t8. I don't know if the 400 will be enough for flowering 7 plants but besides that everything seems goods. After 2 weeks or so get the MH in there, maybe the t8 for side lighting, cant hurt. However, I would change the MG soil ASAP. I assume your plants are already in it? If they are and look good thats ok but I would still get rid of it at transplant time regardless. Also, don't add any nutes to that soil it will burn your plants very easily. get some pics up!

3. Just got me a bag of "Fox Farm: Ocean Forest" and A block of cocotek!! By 70/30 ratio!... It works wonders!

I didnt see were you wrote MG but jea...

Are you running a scrubber in there?

4. Sorry, but I am sought of a newbie, so could you explain what you mean by scrubber?