Pictures of first grow :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chargersdt66, Jul 28, 2013.

1. So I did fairly well on my first grow. I did have a bumpy ride with knats and lighting but overall I wasn't to unhappy. the first set of pictures is the plant that I believe was an auto (I messed up seeds when germ) and I have already harvested for a total dry weight of 4.5 g.(first 5) only flowered 4 weeks and vegged about 3. I also chopped to early but the smoke was still damn good!

the second set of pics began its 7th week Thursday. seems to be doing good to me. any thoughts and questions from anybody else? I am using one 60 watt blue cfl and 2 23 watt cfls along with another 60 watt bulb.i have 2 intake and 2 exaust fans. I was thinking about putting an led light 75 watt  2 ft long on the top of my box so that the top buds get more light.my other lights are about attacvhed to a powerstripon the side of the box. I don't wanna overdo the light tho so any suggestions are great

I am using fox farm tiger bloom every other watering. should I add anything else that will make a huge diff in yield? thanks for the suggestions in advance!

PS

Sorry for posting so many pics just pretty proud of my progress :)

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      333.2 KB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      624 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      385.9 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      507.9 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      769.2 KB
      Views:
    • 062.JPG
      062.JPG
      File size:
      298.5 KB
      Views:
    • 064.JPG
      064.JPG
      File size:
      729.8 KB
      Views:
    • 065.JPG
      065.JPG
      File size:
      679.6 KB
      Views:
    • 067.JPG
      067.JPG
      File size:
      821.2 KB
      Views:
    • 068.JPG
      068.JPG
      File size:
      280.9 KB
      Views:
    • 070.JPG
      070.JPG
      File size:
      445 KB
      Views:
    • 071.JPG
      071.JPG
      File size:
      1,012.3 KB
      Views:
    • 072.JPG
      072.JPG
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 074.JPG
      074.JPG
      File size:
      724.5 KB
      Views:
    • 075.JPG
      075.JPG
      File size:
      843.4 KB
      Views:
    • 076.JPG
      076.JPG
      File size:
      684.3 KB
      Views:
    • 073.JPG
      073.JPG
      File size:
      826.5 KB
      Views:
  2. not the biggest but most definitely healthy, what are your plans for the next grow?

3. first thing first know the strain im growing. originally I had 23 seeds all germ togvether all different strains for my outdoor harvest that ended up destroyed by floods but I got mixed up on the strains.

Second lighting. I feel like I need more/stronger light.i don't have much space but I used 6 23 watt cfls up until the last 3 weeks and I feel like since I put the stronger lights in there they have done better. what are your thoughts on that?

third, nutrients. although during flower they received a regular feeding but I gave no nutes in veg. I don't think it produced as many nodes and bud spots because of that. but I may be wrong. also maybe add something with the soil such as bat guano or molasses.

other than that I feel the rest was pretty good. Judging from the pics do you agree? and do you have any other thoughts for me to add?

4. Looks pretty good, i am in the middle of my first grow but the plants look really good.  I would for sure get a better light to at least flower under, the hps are the best for that.  Also i think that nutrients would help a lot during veg, dont have to get anything crazy.  Just adding a good base nutrient (for vegging) will help a lot with growth and a little with being able to handle stresses.  Also i would suggest adding a liquid composte solution, they are not real expensive and it help break down the base nutrients so the plant can more easily use them.  adding molasses would be the food for the organisms in the liquid composte.  Just a few of the tips i would give.  If you have any other questions ill check back and see if i know anything about it.

5. Thanks for the advice! I honestly don't know a lot about lighting, but from what I understand they get extremely hot. I use a hollowed out dresser with powerstrips and bulbs along with 2 intake and 2 exaust fans. would those cause to much heat in a small area such as inside a dresser?

what sorts of liquid composte solution do you suggest? again I am not good with nutrients and ll I have ever known to use was tiger big bloom :)

6. Im not real sure how hot it would get, really depends on the climate you live in, if you have 65 degree air (normally a little cold for plants) the light would help warm it up. really depends on ur situation, but if you live in a warm climate like myself, especially in summer, i would think it would get pretty hot. (you really dont want anything over 85)  As for a basic veg nutrient, like i said its my first grow, but i am using botanicare pro grow and my plants look really good.  But there are a few different companies that put out almost the same things with different names. somethings will be different but that is one of those things that is individual, try out different ones and see what you liek best.

7. Get a compost tea and use with every watering and yes HPS won't work in a tight enclosed space without an ac.
    Here is a photo of my white widows in 11 weeks in flowering today and still growing

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. 1375166268614.jpg

9. wow she is beautiful! great pic!  and thanks for the helpful advice to you guys.

10. When did you harvest? And was the smoke good? I cut a cola off mine last week and dried it out in the open before giving it to my chicks brother. He said it was crap so I think I may have fuct up

just because one grows doesn't mean one smokes.

11. When did you harvest? And was the smoke good? I cut a cola off mine last week and dried it out in the open before giving it to my chicks brother. He said it was crap so I think I may have fuct up

12. When did you harvest? And was the smoke good? I cut a cola off mine last week and dried it out in the open before giving it to my chicks brother. He said it was crap so I think I may have fuct up.

13. My first grow. My bitch is at day 69 of flower

Attached Files:

14. the first plant I harvested and sured for 3 weeks today actually and I smoked some and mybudy  smoked sme andit wasdefinetly some kick ass stuff. only prob was I only got 4 gram. that's where my problem lays. is weight. that was some of the bes smokei have ever had personally I wwas head lockedfor about 5 hours..crazy!  kinda high now so rambling lol

Im thinking my biggest problem is lighting most of my buds don't "connect" I get one decent size with a bunch smaller ones all down the stem but not actualy fillingup and becoming one big one. I want betterlightingbut this box is my only space atm.

your plants coming along great! what kind of set up do youuse?

15. I hadn't harvested yet! Still no amber tricomes ! 90% cloudy with some clear still. The bud hairs are mostly all white and still growing!
    Cut a few buds last night cause my patience is failing after 11 weeks flowering. I think 12 maybe even 13 weeks for them to be perfect!
    I'll post more pics when I harvest!:D
    My buddy I got the clones from, harvested at 10 weeks and it wasn't even close to being done so I am gonna wait if it kills me!

16. I used 1000w MH for veg and 1000w HPS for flowering. I have an ac in the room which maintained a temperature range from 68lights off to 74 lights on. 1 6" exhaust fan with a small booster fan to help push through carbon.filter. I have another small in line fan which is fed from the ac and blows under plants so that fresh cool air always rising through canopy. I also have two other stationary fans at different angles and heights blowing through the plants towards the exhaust fan. My humidity ranges from 50 to 60%. I used FF nutes and followed the fox farm nute chart religiously and used their micro nutes trio also from FF, and I added compost tea every other feeding for good root health. I made sure that every watering was ph perfect! I Flushed my 3liter pots with 6 gal Ph correct plain water in between veg and flower nutes and again couple days ago which is approx 7 days before my harvest.
    My buds are rock hard and Colas are 18"+ long. I have kept my lights 20" above buds. I'll post final photos when I harvest in a few days! They are even bigger and fatter than photos I posted! I can't wait. I have 8 AK 47 girls that are 30" high so they need to come out if veg and start their flowering asap!