Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pictures like this supporting MJ are just bias

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NeverMistakeMe, Jul 31, 2012.

1. [quote name='"NeverMistakeMe"']In the end, the picture I posted is propaganda. It's biased and not true at all. People have died from marijuana related deaths and it's no secret. Ever watched 1000 ways to die? Anything can kill you, man.[/quote]

Show me one piece of evidence proving what you said to be true. i dont think the person meant marijuana related deaths but marijuna Overdoses . there has been NONE

2. and im sure that even if people have died from marijuana related deaths there's alot less weed related deaths then all the other things on this chart.

3. #83 As Above So Below, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    That's exactly what the poster is trying to say. There have been no overdoses because of MJ.

4. #84 speshulbrowny, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    Well if that's the case, then there's zero deaths directly caused by poor diet/exercise too but the poster doesn't reflect that. It says that there are 365,000 deaths annually caused by poor diet/exercise when those two things are only FACTORS in those annual deaths.

You can't have two sets of standards when you present statistics if you want to be taken seriously. If you want to claim that marijuana has 0 deaths directly from it, make sure you only look at the direct deaths for the other items you include in your chart too. If someone put up a chart where deaths from accidents with drivers who smoked was calculated and put 0 deaths from poor diet/exercise you would be just as critical as I am right now.

5. Weed won't kill you, the end.

6. The exercise has nothing to do with this. I am talking strictly about MJ and the direct deaths. I did not make this chart so I don't care about those other statistics. Complain to the people who made this chart, not me. The fact remains that there have been 0 deaths attributed to MJ.

You can debate the whole diet/exercise/indirect thing all you want, but that's not what I'm here to talk about. I don't have two sets of standards because my statements were not directed at the poor diet/exercise statistic/other statistics.

7. [quote name='"speshulbrowny"']Also instead of just posting negative things about the chart, I'll post what I believe would make any future posters better.
    1.) Add links to studies from Pubmed for each statistic
    2.) Make it clear how you're counting the deaths for each cause (direct, indirect, or both)
    3.) Do not make the poster include indirect causes of death; its clearly subjective just from the comments on this thread and makes it hard to figure out what to include and what not to include-- the point that the chart was trying to make could easily have been made just comparing OD rates of different legal drugs with cannabis

Again guys I am on your side even though it looks like I'm not. I just don't think these posters are perfect and opponents to legalization will look at any flaw in our arguments to keep cannabis illegal.[/quote]

Yes. This thread wouldn't even exist if they just added 'Direct Cause Of Death' at the top. And I'm on everybody's side too. I smoke weed all the time, I love weed, but just because you see something that goes FOR what you believe in doesn't mean it's automatically true, as much as they want it to be, and that's the real problem, feels me? :D it's no big deal, really, but I just thought I'd point this out haha

8. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']
    Well it's pretty obvious what the poster was implying. Deaths directly caused by MJ. That's why it's 0, because it's true.[/quote]

Yes, but why only make the statistic for MJ direct deaths and not the other's? Idk if my argument pertains to this picture in particular, but there is propaganda like that

9. [quote name='"420dopeaf"']

Show me one piece of evidence proving what you said to be true. i dont think the person meant marijuana related deaths but marijuna Overdoses . there has been NONE[/quote]

We know what the person meant, read the thread over again or just the OP and realize what the issue is with the picture.

10. [quote name='"420dopeaf"']and im sure that even if people have died from marijuana related deaths there's alot less weed related deaths then all the other things on this chart.[/quote]

Oah god, do you know how many murders there are over weed?

11. Ask NORML or whoever made this chart. While the other statistics might not be true, the one about MJ is true.

12. [quote name='"speshulbrowny"']

Well if that's the case, then there's zero deaths directly caused by poor diet/exercise too but the poster doesn't reflect that. It says that there are 365,000 deaths annually caused by poor diet/exercise when those two things are only FACTORS in those annual deaths.

You can't have two sets of standards when you present statistics if you want to be taken seriously. If you want to claim that marijuana has 0 deaths directly from it, make sure you only look at the direct deaths for the other items you include in your chart too. If someone put up a chart where deaths from accidents with drivers who smoked was calculated and put 0 deaths from poor diet/exercise you would be just as critical as I am right now.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure by that post you are FOR what I had to say, in that case, thank you for actually understanding :)

13. Dude, I agree with you about the direct deaths thing... but the whole point of the thread is to show the flaws that these charts have and if that's not what you're here to talk about then you're just arguing to argue. The only thing I've been saying this entire time is about how unprofessional charts like these are and how we can't use them in arguments because they won't be taken seriously.

14. [quote name='"speshulbrowny"']
    but the whole point of the thread is to show the flaws that these charts have and if that's not what you're here to talk about then you're just arguing to argue. [/quote]

This this this

15. [quote name='"TalkToChuck"']Weed won't kill you, the end.[/quote]

This... Just plain and simple, straight to the point.

16. [quote name='"NeverMistakeMe"']

Yes. This thread wouldn't even exist if they just added 'Direct Cause Of Death' at the top. And I'm on everybody's side too. I smoke weed all the time, I love weed, but just because you see something that goes FOR what you believe in doesn't mean it's automatically true, as much as they want it to be, and that's the real problem, feels me? :D it's no big deal, really, but I just thought I'd point this out haha[/quote]

This thread wouldnt exist if you werent a gc member.
    And for the part you said "because you see something that goes FOR what you believe in doesn't mean it's automatically true", Weed cant kill you.... So are your saying that if i believe in the "facts" that weed cant kill anyone from overdose, you saying that thats not true?..

17. [quote name='"speshulbrowny"']

if that's not what you're here to talk about then you're just arguing to argue. [/quote]

Why would it be arguing... I would rather think of it as being a discussion...

18. [quote name='"BlazingZombiess"']

Why would it be arguing... I would rather think of it as being a discussion...[/quote]

All due respect, if one would like to discuss something unrelated to the OP topic, then they can create their own thread ya know? :smoke:

19. [quote name='"hurb1"']ok so guns dont kill people, people kill people.Now bullets kill people not guns. But wait lead kills people not bullets, but now atomic bonds kill people not lead. but atoms dont kill people because people dont exist its all just atoms. ok so now atoms just atomize each other and theres nothing left to describe. I wonder what else we can breakdown untill it doesnt make any sense?[/quote]

This.

20. [quote name='"BlazingZombiess"']

This... Just plain and simple, straight to the point.[/quote]

It has nothing to do with the thread topic so.... not that lol.