Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pictures like this supporting MJ are just bias

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NeverMistakeMe, Jul 31, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Im an Herbivor"']Counting marijuana deaths that were caused by cartel violence is complete bullshit. That has nothing to do with the plant. If they made cupcakes illegal and the cartel was killing people while dealing with cupcakes you could say the cupcakes caused those deaths right? Obviously that wouldn't happen but I'm just saying that the bud they're selling has nothing to do with the deaths of those people.[/quote]

If that's true then drunk accidents wouldn't be related to alcohol. And yes if somebody dies over a cupcake it's a cupcake related death, so.....

2. [quote name='"smokenchill18"']

Exactly! There would be no cartel violence if it was just legal. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Money is legal and people still kill over that....

3. you don't make sense man. it's not biased. it's just stating things from a general point of view based on how these substances are used. you smoke tobacco and it causes cancer. you don't care about your body and die from some malfunction. alcohol is also a killer. prescription drugs... too many people overtose. motor vehicle crashes, maybe not the same category, but driving is quite dangerous (im always on the look out haha). homocidie... again maybe not the same category, but still, high number. aspirin overdose...

and marijuana does not cause death, unless youre using bleached rolling papers or blunt wraps, vape or eat the shit

peanuts, that's a whole nother story

[​IMG]

4. [quote name='"tastytrichomes"']you don't make sense man. it's not biased. it's just stating things from a general point of view based on how these substances are used. you smoke tobacco and it causes cancer. you don't care about your body and die from some malfunction. alcohol is also a killer. prescription drugs... too many people overtose. motor vehicle crashes, maybe not the same category, but driving is quite dangerous (im always on the look out haha). homocidie... again maybe not the same category, but still, high number. aspirin overdose...

and marijuana does not cause death, unless youre using bleached rolling papers or blunt wraps, vape or eat the shit

peanuts, that's a whole nother story

[/quote]

You people are pissing me off lol. I know you can't die from marijuana ingestion directly, but what I am saying is that all of these statistics aren't direct causes, the only statistic they made that was a direct cause of death was for the marijuana which is 0.

5. [quote name='"NeverMistakeMe"']

You people are pissing me off lol. I know you can't die from marijuana ingestion directly, but what I am saying is that all of these statistics aren't direct causes, the only statistic they made that was a direct cause of death was for the marijuana which is 0.[/quote]

Exactly!!!
    I couldn't find anywhere if tobacco use has directly killed someone, so I guess not.

6. It's not biased. You can make all kinds of arguments about the death toll numbers but the point is to demonstrate how harmless MJ is relative to other accepted substances. It does that quite nicely.

7. This is very important to understand. Thanks for saying it succinctly so I didn't have to do it in what would likely be a much more convoluted fashion.

I don't think there is anything wrong with those kind of posters. People need to realize how they've been lied to regarding (M)MJ, and one of the best ways of doing that is to compare it to other substances that people know are legal. It puts cannabis in a context for many who have no knowledge about it other than the propaganda they've been fed.

8. Really? That's your retort? The funny thing is that you've made the point you are arguing against. Any cartel deaths aren't over MJ, they're over money/control of the market. Legalization takes the market and the cash. /argument.

9. I agree with OP that it is misleading to say that marijuana has caused 0 deaths when you attribute things like drunk driving accidents to alcohol related deaths.
    There has to have been a time when some idiot was high and killed themselves or others due to it

I wouldn't really call the whole chart biased tho, just that one argument. The chart shows that marijuana is not a dangerous drug that ignorant people make it out to be

10. Oooh... OP, how I wish I could live in your simplistic mind set once again. Unfortunately, I'm not oblivious to the world around me. You think the world is black and white like that? Things are either bias or they aren't? You make me laugh. Everything is bias, your views in this thread have been completely bias. My advice to you, grow the fuck up.
    You want to talk about how many deaths happen from cartels over MJ? I guarantee even those statistics are laughable when compared to other illicit narcotics. Just like the amount of drunk drivers killing themselves/others compared to drivers under the influence of cannabis.
    Absolutely my views are bias, but try arguing my points, please! How many lives have all the other 'drugs' mentioned in this thread saved? Cause I'm pretty sure this one is saving hundreds of thousands of people everyday. Sorry, if I am coming off as harsh. However, I'm pretty sure you're one of those people that doesn't have original thoughts of your own, and instead just regurgitate nonsensical crap you hear without ever giving it any consideration for yourself.
    Peace and love ;)

11. i get what you mean, but the statistics are from a general perspective. all of those substances alone are harmful to your body, maybe not to the point of death, but they are. marijuana does nothing to slowly kill you, unlike those other things

12. I agree with the OP. If you're going to talk about all of the indirectly linked deaths with some substances, then you have to with marijuana as well, or else it is biased.

13. You concept eludes you. The concept is that marijuana is safe and okay. The numbers accuracy isn't important, they change all the time.

14. The only way you will die from marijuana is when you get shot by the DEA

15. [quote name='"TalkToChuck"']

The are symptoms of dependance you can become dependent on MJ just like you can be come dependent on watching your favorite TV show... Shit you very well might be addicted. But you will never go through any stages of physical withdrawl. everything you just said was mental. And ironically, they all seem like problems that can be fixed by smoking a joint :smoke::wave:

But if you told me that, Id say "hey maybe this dude is in the small minute percentile who becomes addicted" and id think to myself: Thats too damn bad... but at least its not crack. Or even Cigarettes for that matter

You may have developed a dependence on the plant, shit, you could possibly be addicted, but that is all mentally predetermined. That is simply your wiring. You are wired to become easily addicted. However, the majortiy of the worlds population is not wired this way. And therefore, the majortiy who are not, should have access to the plant. Hands down. No argument about it. If you can have access to all of the other things that are easily considered more addictive and on a larger scale of the population, then marijuana should be available. I can go down to the store and purchase a carton of cigs and a case of liquor right now and literally either kill myself TONIGHT of alcohol poisoning or in the FUTURE of lung cancer.
    Just because some people have bad experiences, doesnt mean everyone else shouldnt be able to have access to it; it means that the people who are wired differently shouldnt touch it...

If its that bad, go exercise and work it out of your system. You aren't going through any physical withdrawal symptoms... "my personality changes"... fuck outta here, people go through those same symptoms every day for various reasons. Its called life.

Weed may not be for you..and like i said before, thats a shame, cause its the only drug ill ever touch. and the safest also.

Id rather smoke weed. Legalize 2012.[/quote]

^ This....it was beautiful lol

16. [quote name='"tastytrichomes"']

i get what you mean, but the statistics are from a general perspective. all of those substances alone are harmful to your body, maybe not to the point of death, but they are. marijuana does nothing to slowly kill you, unlike those other things[/quote]

Peanuts don't slowly kill you lol

17. Regardless of your intent, saying that chart is misleading or biased will get you flamed on this forum whether you are correct or not
    So don't expect much helpful input

18. [quote name='"Iluvatar"']Regardless of your intent, saying that chart is misleading or biased will get you flamed on this forum whether you are correct or not
    So don't expect much helpful input[/quote]

I figured.
    Just because you smoke weed and you like weed doesn't mean there's nothing negative that comes with it, but mehh. Just throwin' out my ideas.

19. i realise most don't agree with you, but i have always thought the same thing when seeing these charts and i agree. with everything else on the chart it includes indirect deaths. i don't think it is possible for not 1 single person ever to have an indirect death due too mary jane. i love the herb and it is much less harmful then say alcohol or tobacco. however i have met 2 people who have severe alergic reactions to it. both were hospitalised and both did live. but i figure there are probaly people with even worse reactions to it somewhere.

i also think if we want to get it legalized, and who doesn't, biased claims like this should be stopped because we won't change anyone who is against the herbs mind if we make rediculous claims like this. just my 2 cents

20. Do the alcohol deaths include drunk driving, or just poisoning/cancer/diseases?