Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pictures like this supporting MJ are just bias

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NeverMistakeMe, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Those things you listed are indirectly caused my marijuana. The ammount of deaths directly (eg. an overdose or poisoning) caused my marijuana are 0

I do however agree that a lot of these pictures are heavily biased. Some to such a degree that they aren't taken seriously. This particular one is too simplistic.

2. All you people on here that live in a region of the USA w/ a major football conference (aka Large Universities) watch this fall for the headlines telling about college students who die from alcohol poisoning. Look really hard for the ones about marijuana poisoning. Post that marijuana headline on here for me even if it's a page 2 or 3 story. Let me know how that search goes.

3. Heh, That's funny some of those are the reasons I smoke. But I suffer from depression, migraines, nausea and nerve pain. My left arm is just fucked. Plus some back and neck pain. Legally prescribed pharmaceuticals make me feel like shit. Migraine pills make my brain feel like it's on fire and pills for nausea make me nauseous and vomit (go figure). Weed's the only thing that works for me and isn't intrusive on my day to day life.

4. [quote name='"NeverMistakeMe"']

Cancer CAN kill. But there a lot more illnesses you can contract from tobacco than just cancer.[/quote]

No one has ever been killed from directly useing cannabis /thread

5. [quote name='"TalkToChuck"']

The are symptoms of dependance you can become dependent on MJ just like you can be come dependent on watching your favorite TV show... Shit you very well might be addicted. But you will never go through any stages of physical withdrawl. everything you just said was mental. And ironically, they all seem like problems that can be fixed by smoking a joint :smoke::wave:

But if you told me that, Id say "hey maybe this dude is in the small minute percentile who becomes addicted" and id think to myself: Thats too damn bad... but at least its not crack. Or even Cigarettes for that matter

You may have developed a dependence on the plant, shit, you could possibly be addicted, but that is all mentally predetermined. That is simply your wiring. You are wired to become easily addicted. However, the majortiy of the worlds population is not wired this way. And therefore, the majortiy who are not, should have access to the plant. Hands down. No argument about it. If you can have access to all of the other things that are easily considered more addictive and on a larger scale of the population, then marijuana should be available. I can go down to the store and purchase a carton of cigs and a case of liquor right now and literally either kill myself TONIGHT of alcohol poisoning or in the FUTURE of lung cancer.
    Just because some people have bad experiences, doesnt mean everyone else shouldnt be able to have access to it; it means that the people who are wired differently shouldnt touch it...

If its that bad, go exercise and work it out of your system. You aren't going through any physical withdrawal symptoms... "my personality changes"... fuck outta here, people go through those same symptoms every day for various reasons. Its called life.

Weed may not be for you..and like i said before, thats a shame, cause its the only drug ill ever touch. and the safest also.

Id rather smoke weed. Legalize 2012.[/quote]

The anxiety feels pretty physical, man. And I mean, people can tell when I haven't smoked weed in 24 hours, I'm a lot different. Dependence and addiction fall hand in hand. And I'm not saying weed is horrible in anyway, I love it, I just think people should know that there ARE marijuana related deaths, lots of them. Mostly related to drug violence but it can cause bad accidents due to impairment of judgement.

6. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']

The deaths in these lists, in relation to substances, are directly related to the health issues caused by those substances. Not accidental deaths due to substance abuse, but the physical harm they cause.

It's why cannabis is at 0.

Cannabis smokers tend to have better lung function, and capacity, than most inactive non-smokers. Our lung capacity is thought to be comparable to athletes, particularly swimmers. They have not been able to link -any- health-related issues, to even smoking cannabis quite heavily over the course of 45 - 50 years.

They use the very same tests for determining harm caused by smoked cannabis, that they use to determine toxicity and harm caused by tobacco smoke, and even the consumption of everything from prescription meds to simple nutritional elements like vitamin C...

In other words, using the same tests used to determine the harm caused by ALL substances, they have turned up virtually nothing for cannabis, and absolutely nothing in terms of actual deaths.

Motor vehicle crashes can be caused by a number of things, from inattention, to sleepiness.. usually they don't include them in these lists, but it's there as an example.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion for you. :)[/quote]

Again, I'm not talking about harm directly from cannabis, I'm speaking indirectly. And of course a motor vehicle can be caused from inattentiveness and sleepiness, weed can make you tired and spacey. If you saw a drunk guy get into an accident would you blame it on the alcohol or his judgement? If the same guy got into an accident while he was stoned.... then what?

7. [quote name='"Tetra416"']

Those things you listed are indirectly caused my marijuana. The ammount of deaths directly (eg. an overdose or poisoning) caused my marijuana are 0

I do however agree that a lot of these pictures are heavily biased. Some to such a degree that they aren't taken seriously. This particular one is too simplistic.[/quote]

Yes, I know it's theoretically impossible to overdose on marijuana, I stated the indirect causes though because that's what these statistics are including.

8. Dependence and addiction are not the same... I wouldnt even consider them hand in hand. You can become dependent on anything that you make routine.

9. The poster doesn't declare direct or indirect. You are assuming. Direct causes are 0. End of story. :smoke:

10. The Picture is from Norml and they are pretty accurate on there facts. I'm not getting in this debate, So I'm not saying anyone is wrong or right, I am just stating that Norml is pretty accurate on there data on marijuana.

11. [quote name='"ICGreen"']

The poster doesn't declare direct or indirect. You are assuming. Direct causes are 0. End of story. :smoke:[/quote]

I'm not focusing on direct deaths.... because there are none. :sigh:

12. [quote name='"NeverMistakeMe"']

I'm not focusing on direct deaths.... because there are none. :sigh:[/quote]

Well then your argument isnt valid those facts on that pic are 100% legit

13. Yeah I agree. But I guess the person who made this chart was referring to direct death from marijuana like over dosing on it. If we want people to see what marijuana is then we gotta give them straight facts about it and leave the decision up to them.

14. I feel Indirect deaths are usually irrelevant. An eyelash can be the indirect cause of a death. These posters aren't meant for you to sit and analyze them. They are meant to give you a little information so that if your interested in it you can further your knowledge by researching it yourself. If they made the poster with sources and description on how these statistics were found it would be a cluttered mess that the majority wouldn't bother reading.

15. [quote name='"ninjawatcher"']I feel Indirect deaths are usually irrelevant. An eyelash can be the indirect cause of a death. These posters aren't meant for you to sit and analyze them. They are meant to give you a little information so that if your interested in it you can further your knowledge by researching it yourself. If they made the poster with sources and description on how these statistics were found it would be a cluttered mess that the majority wouldn't bother reading.[/quote]

A simple link next to each statistic would be convenient to anybody who wants to look further into it. And if indirect deaths are irellevent then drunk accidents shouldn't be included. I was gonna say more but I'm too tired.

16. [quote name='"michael015"']

Well then your argument isnt valid those facts on that pic are 100% legit[/quote]

No. If you aren't gong to actually read what I have to say them don't tell me my argument isn't valid because you apparently didn't even read.

17. Counting marijuana deaths that were caused by cartel violence is complete bullshit. That has nothing to do with the plant. If they made cupcakes illegal and the cartel was killing people while dealing with cupcakes you could say the cupcakes caused those deaths right? Obviously that wouldn't happen but I'm just saying that the bud they're selling has nothing to do with the deaths of those people.

18. [quote name='"Im an Herbivor"']Counting marijuana deaths that were caused by cartel violence is complete bullshit. That has nothing to do with the plant. If they made cupcakes illegal and the cartel was killing people while dealing with cupcakes you could say the cupcakes caused those deaths right? Obviously that wouldn't happen but I'm just saying that the bud they're selling has nothing to do with the deaths of those people.[/quote]

Exactly! There would be no cartel violence if it was just legal. :rolleyes:

19. #39 ayyomo, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    Are any of the other statistics (alcohol,tobacco,etc.) the direct or indirect reasons? I'm just wondering cause if its the direct then your point is invalid.

20. I didn't see anywhere where it has drunk accidents as a statistic.. :confused: