Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pictures like this supporting MJ are just bias

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NeverMistakeMe, Jul 31, 2012.

1. #1 NeverMistakeMe, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    Pictures like this supporting MJ are just bias.

image-22768775.jpg

Let me explain.

The statistics aren't sourced. I'm assuming these deaths are from direct relations and/or indirect relations.
    (eg. Peanuts didn't cause the death, their allergies did. Tobacco didn't cause the death, asphyxiation or cancer or smoking related illnesses caused it.)
    If we're going to chart it like this then there are way more than 0 marijuana related deaths.
    Let me list some.
    -Illnesses from smoke inhalation.
    -Drug cartels and drug violence.
    -Any accidents while high.
    -Car accidents while under the influence (I don't want to hear shit about how it is safe to drive while smoking because the truth is that it's not safe to drive at all, sober or fucked up. You could blame alcohol on an accident if the operator gotten in an accident while drinking, so the same goes for marijuana. Also, not everybody can handle their high as well as everybody else so smoking and driving DOES cause accidents.)

I love weed, I just hate it when people try to glorify it with fake and misleading statistics. Weed is no miracle drug that will help everybody on the planet, it's not for everybody, accidents happen.

Any opinions on this? Opened any eyes?

Update: I fucking know you can't overdose on marijuana, so stop half reading the post and actually understand what the issue is with this picture. We ALL fucking know you can't overdose. So to avoid making yourself look like an idiot, address the issue that is presented and not the safety of marijuana itself, thx.

2. On the tobacco, how you say it doesn't cause their death, it basically does. Tobacco>cancer>death. The way you are stating this, it makes you sound like you think cancer doesn't kill?

3. ok so guns dont kill people, people kill people.Now bullets kill people not guns. But wait lead kills people not bullets, but now atomic bonds kill people not lead. but atoms dont kill people because people dont exist its all just atoms. ok so now atoms just atomize each other and theres nothing left to describe. I wonder what else we can breakdown untill it doesnt make any sense?

4. Cheese.

Go.

• Like Like x 1
  5. In the end, the picture I posted is propaganda. It's biased and not true at all. People have died from marijuana related deaths and it's no secret. Ever watched 1000 ways to die? Anything can kill you, man.

6. [quote name='"ayyomo"']On the tobacco, how you say it doesn't cause their death, it basically does. Tobacco>cancer>death. The way you are stating this, it makes you sound like you think cancer doesn't kill?[/quote]

Cancer CAN kill. But there a lot more illnesses you can contract from tobacco than just cancer.

7. Ok i meant tobacco instead of cancer on the last sentence

8. Maybe its saying 100 people choked on peanuts Haha.

9. [quote name='"M3DICIN3MAN420"']Maybe its saying 100 people choked on peanuts Haha.[/quote]

Loll. To be honest I would expect more peanut related deaths annually than just 100.

10. weed is good for some bad for others, its great for me cos it eases my back pain and therfore helps me get through the day at work, but for other ppl it can be terrible and have horrific side effects im not gona go into them we all know them. it effects everybody differently like all other drugs its not for everybody

11. The peanuts is likely related to choking and allergic reactions...
    None the less, the facts on Marijuana are accurate. Never one death directly attributed to Mary Jane... she may sleep around, but she'll never do you wrong!

12. [quote name='"TalkToChuck"']The peanuts is likely related to choking and allergic reactions...
    None the less, the facts on Marijuana are accurate. Never one death directly attributed to Mary Jane... she may sleep around, but she'll never do you wrong![/quote]

Correct, there's no death directly related to marijuana (that I know about) but the point is this picture isn't posting ONLY directly related deaths.... only for marijuana which is obviously 0. This just makes people think that weed CAN'T do harm. And it can.

13. Weed cant KILL. Even though we know it can harm, so can everything. We see it in the chart! But shit, anything in abundance is bad for you. To much soda, shit too much WATER will harm or kill someone, but weed doesnt kill...

Sure it may harm. So does ANYTHING in this world in abundance.
    But the fact that Marijuana is sceduled as a Schedule 1 Narcotic suggests that it does more harm than good, and can potentially kill BUT IT CANNOT! It may harm your lungs, but thats because your SMOKING. lol that much should be self explanatory.

But understand, the reason why people use these statistics to get it legalized is because what we are told are lies. Shit Opiates are schedule 2 and considered to have some medical benefit, but people od on that shit daily. People get addicted to that shit daily. Never marijuana. People take these stats and use them to get the drug legislation changed or at least rescheduled! Marijuana isnt bad.. And it literally does 4x as much good as it does harm (if there really is any done... Ive been smoking for years, no harm over here, bud)

14. [quote name='"TalkToChuck"']

Weed cant KILL. Even though we know it can harm, so can everything. We see it in the chart! But shit, anything in abundance is bad for you. To much soda, shit too much WATER will harm or kill someone, but weed doesnt kill...

But the fact that Marijuana is sceduled as a Schedule 1 Narcotic suggests that it does more harm than good, and can potentially kill BUT IT CANNOT! It may harm your lungs, but thats because your SMOKING. lol that much should be self explanatory.

But understand, the reason why people use these statistics to get it legalized is because what we are told are lies. Shit Opiates are schedule 2 and considered to have some medical benefit, but people od on that shit daily. People get addicted to that shit daily. Never marijuana. People take these stats and use them to get the drug legislation changed or at least rescheduled! Marijuana isnt bad.. And it literally does 4x as much good as it does harm (if there really is any done... Ive been smoking for years, no harm over here, bud)[/quote]

I'm not speaking of over-doses or anything like that, even vaporizing or eating edibles can cause a marijuana related death.

15. [quote name='"TalkToChuck"']

Weed cant KILL. Even though we know it can harm, so can everything. We see it in the chart! But shit, anything in abundance is bad for you. To much soda, shit too much WATER will harm or kill someone, but weed doesnt kill...

But understand, the reason why people use these statistics to get it legalized is because what we are told are lies. Shit Opiates are schedule 2 and considered to have some medical benefit, but people od on that shit daily. People get addicted to that shit daily. Never marijuana. People take these stats and use them to get the drug legislation changed or at least rescheduled! Marijuana isnt bad.. And it literally does 4x as much good as it does harm (if there really is any done... Ive been smoking for years, no harm over here, bud)[/quote]

And what if I told you I was addicted to marijuana? o_O Would you call me a liar? Because if I don't smoke I get anxiety, can't eat, can't sleep, my personality changes, I constantly crave.... I'd say those are all symptoms of addiction.

16. Honestly the only way I can see someone dying from weed is stupidity. You have to TRY to push those limits to the EXTREME.

Maybe some noob facing 3 blunts his first time smoking and deciding he can fly, when in reality, he can't.

Honestly I think id be more prone to stupidity after 6-7 shots than if I smoke an 8th to myself.

Weed is much much less impairing. Being high too me is like a better version of being sober. Being drunk is just pure fuckery.

I see where your coming from and the statistics are biased, but I can't immagine more than 10 people a year getting high enough to kill themselfs, while this happens daily with alcahol.

Also weed has numerous benefits as opposed to alcahol. Almost all the negatives are ballanced out with a possitive.

17. #17 Established Pilot, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    They are symptoms of dependance you can become dependent on MJ just like you can be come dependent on watching your favorite TV show... Shit you very well might be addicted. But you will never go through any stages of physical withdrawl. everything you just said was mental. And ironically, they all seem like problems that can be fixed by smoking a joint :smoke::wave:

But if you told me that, Id say "hey maybe this dude is in the small minute percentile who becomes addicted" and id think to myself: Thats too damn bad... but at least its not crack. Or even Cigarettes for that matter

You may have developed a dependence on the plant, shit, you could possibly be addicted, but that is all mentally predetermined. That is simply your wiring. You are wired to become easily addicted. However, the majortiy of the worlds population is not wired this way. And therefore, the majortiy who are not, should have access to the plant. Hands down. No argument about it. If you can have access to all of the other things that are easily considered more addictive and on a larger scale of the population, then marijuana should be available. I can go down to the store and purchase a carton of cigs and a case of liquor right now and literally either kill myself TONIGHT of alcohol poisoning or in the FUTURE of lung cancer.
    Just because some people have bad experiences, doesnt mean everyone else shouldnt be able to have access to it; it means that the people who are wired differently shouldnt touch it...

If its that bad, go exercise and work it out of your system. You aren't going through any physical withdrawal symptoms... "my personality changes"... fuck outta here, people go through those same symptoms every day for various reasons. Its called life.

Weed may not be for you..and like i said before, thats a shame, cause its the only drug ill ever touch. and the safest also.

Id rather smoke weed. Legalize 2012.

18. The deaths in these lists, in relation to substances, are directly related to the health issues caused by those substances. Not accidental deaths due to substance abuse, but the physical harm they cause.

It's why cannabis is at 0.

Cannabis smokers tend to have better lung function, and capacity, than most inactive non-smokers. Our lung capacity is thought to be comparable to athletes, particularly swimmers. They have not been able to link -any- health-related issues, to even smoking cannabis quite heavily over the course of 45 - 50 years.

They use the very same tests for determining harm caused by smoked cannabis, that they use to determine toxicity and harm caused by tobacco smoke, and even the consumption of everything from prescription meds to simple nutritional elements like vitamin C...

In other words, using the same tests used to determine the harm caused by ALL substances, they have turned up virtually nothing for cannabis, and absolutely nothing in terms of actual deaths.

Motor vehicle crashes can be caused by a number of things, from inattention, to sleepiness.. usually they don't include them in these lists, but it's there as an example.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion for you. :)

19. Some posts on GC make me wonder how much DEA scum is on here. :mad:

20. Seen a lot of good people turn bad on the peanuts, the things ruin lives.