Picts of da'girls hopefully

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chimera, Aug 26, 2006.

1. I just thought I would post some picts of my current grow it is at day 27, what do you think? The first three picts I just took, the other 2 were taken at day 17.
    View attachment 45517

vegstage 019.jpg

vegstage 017.jpg

vegstage 016.jpg

vegstage 015.jpg

2. dude nice plants lookin good im thinkin of growin my self

3. Very Nice man. what kind of light u growin under. their big as shit for just 27 days good job, on your fimming and lst or whatever your doing ur doing it good.

4. Lovely looking plants, mine are tiny compared to them. If you dont mind me asking what ferts/lights are you using
    mat

5. I use Flora Nova and Floralicious+ by GH + a little bloodmeal. (It works in soil and Hydro)I began them on 200 ppm TDS and boosted it to 500 after 7 days, I've held her in the 500-550 range since. As to lights, I started them out on 96 watt T-5, 2" fluro(4 tubes, 2 blue, 2 red). After 3 days added 150 watt fluro grow lamp. At day 16 I switched to 400 MH conversion bulb. Last night I turned the lights off for the first time and switched bulbs to the HPS. I expect by middle of the day I will need to start increasing my Nute level. I like to give them just under there optimum absorption level. I accomplish it by adding or subtracting from the solution each time I water until it stablizes and then dropping it 50 points. As I go through a gallon ot water a day it doesn't take long. Just so you know, hers the skinny on the seeds. That came from a plant I grew from bagseeds. I removed the males in the original grow in plenty of time to keep them from being pollenated, however, I decided to see what the males would smoke like just to see for myself if what y'all was telling me(its true "not worth a shit for smoking"). While I was extremely careful, it is possible that I pollenated them myself. However, the more plausible explenation is there was 2 females in my first grow and one hermied at the end. Here's hoping this is the case. I didn't get very many seeds from either plant. The kicker is that the one that this batch comes from turned out to some asss kicking skunk. The hermied one was just ok weed with a skunky flavoring(been parceling her out to my bro). I'll try to remember to throw a pict up every week or so. Lastly, there is 6 plants there and the surface area they are currently covering is 38x40 and are 18" at the highest point, I plan on streching them to 42x48 surface total height not to excede 46".

6. Life is really good, was checking this monring and my plants are girls, at least 5 of 6 are, I can't quit get to the one back one yet. Here is the pics of the whole grow, the canopy has reached 31.5", got get to that training or they will get away from me. the second pict is of the tall ones internode where I found the first hair. Sory the pct is clearer, I'll post another pict in a few days.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46066&stc=1&d=1157285706

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46067&stc=1&d=1157285706

I didn't realize how bad the focus was on the first, I'll do better next time.

Attached Files:

7. Well life sucks a little today, was looking at the girls and low and behold the one clear back has balls, now I can't depend on the rest of the seeds being feminized. I cut the bastard down. Oh well, on the bright side getting 5 out 6 females is pretty damn good.

8. Very nice.
    Those plants are huge.
    What size pots are they in?

9. Thanks, Its a bubble bucket grow, the container is a 18 gal storage box. I run around 10 gal of nutrients, She drinks a gal+ a day. The PH and TDS are checked twice a day and any adjustments are made when I top it off, Thats the secret to maximizing the(hydro) grow, staying on top off it. Of course, with this set-up you can forget going somewhere on vacation, that only leaves the spiritual vacation(takes good smoke), infact, I gots to go on one now! Oh yeah there is one other drawback, kind of, sometimes they all don't mature at the same time. The good part of that is I get my cerebal buzzz for the day and my nightly body high for the evening when I like to veg great for sleep to.

10. No picts today, however, good news/bad news as I like to put it. The plant that I thought was male(it was male dominate hermie) and yesterday I chopped down 2 more just like the first. Thats my first time of having an actual hermie and not one that was stressed into it. The good news is that the other 3 are definitle all female not a nut anywhere on them and once I adjusted the brances they still fill the whole area. I was counting the grow tips on the two smaller ones(no life don'tcha know) one had 58 and the other had 66 so far(I count a grow tip if it has stem and 2 internodes) the back one(largest on left I gave up after 70, has 2 branches in the back and I couldn't get a good coun't. I'll post pics tomorrow or Monday as my bros got my camera.:smoking:

Next grow I buy good femmed seeds!!!

11. those look pretty good youve got a good setup the only thing I would suggest would topick the best female and start making clones instead of starting from seed.

12. I got a better Idea, I plan on getting some top quality femmed seeds and then I'll think about cloning. Anyone want to put in there 2cents about which type of seeds I should buy? I plan on getting them for xmas, present to myself.

13. Haha jealousy woes, very nice :devious:

Quick question what day did you start adding the food for them? Or roughly what week

14. as it is a hydro grow they began life at 200ppm, the recommended level for seedlings and was raised to 400ppm by end of week one from there I raised them to 550 through the end of veg period. I'm now running at 775ppm on my nutes. now these measurements are using a PPM Meter using500ppm to 1ec conversion, the other conversion is for 700ppm to 1ec.
    here's the chart I'm using for conversion.

Vegetative for Hydroponics
    Growth Stage \t 0.5 Conversion (ppm) \t0.7 Conversion (ppm) \tEC ( µS) pH
    Clones/Seedlings \t220-350 \t 300-500 \t 430-700 5.5-6.2
    Week 1-2 \t400-550 \t 600-800 \t 850-1100 5.5-6.2
    Week 3-4 \t 550-700 \t 800-1000 \t 1100-1450 5.5-6.2
    Flowering for Hydroponics
    Week 1-2 \t700-850 \t1000-1200 \t 1450-1700 5.5-6.2
    Week 3-4 \t 700-1000 \t 1000-1400 \t 1450-2000 5.5-6.2
    Week 5-6 \t 850-1000 \t 1200-1400 \t 1700-2000 5.5-6.2
    Week 7-8 \t 350-700 \t 500-1000 \t 700-1450 5.5-6.2

15. Well here are the picts I promised. First 2 are of this grow and the last is my sick grow that is getting close to harvest. Its sick cause I bought a ppm meter and then didn't pay attention to the ppm to ec conversion, mines .5 and I was going off a chart for .7 you can immagine, I burnt them a bit, on top of that I suffered 2 power-outages, one in veg and then one in flowering, and unlike the one in veg state which was announced a couple of weeks ahead of time by the util comp, this one I was totally unprepared for. So the poor girls took a beating, thank god is a weed.

sep1006 001_edited.jpg

sep1006 002_edited.jpg

sep1006 003_edited.jpg

So what do you think, is it still a wickedly good looking grow?:smoking:

16. I once grew feminized power plant. They were pretty good. Do you have any pics of the hermie? I would like to see them. Your grow still looks wicked good.

17. Nada, I cut the bitches or is it bastards down and chopped them up for the compost. They were definitely male dominate though, first the fem hairs showed then 2 days later not only do I have a bunch of balls but also a couple of the branches have developed male flower heads. I've had female dominate hermies but this is a first time I have ever had male dominate. As I said above, ain't going to happen again, I'll buy some femmed seeds that have been stablized. I'm tired of using bagseeds, even if the weed I've been growing is a s good as any you can buy where I'm from, at least that is the common concensus from those who have shared a bowl with me.

18. whats up I would recomend some Northern lights x2 its pest resistant and high potency and yeild. I think this would be a great choice of feminized seed. but its all up to you there is so many choices. here are a couple more of my favorites: sensi star, strawberry cough, nyc deisel, and afghanica. But like I said its all about what you prefer. But for more info to help with your decision take a look at this link: http://www.dope-seeds.com/strain_reviews.htm

19. cool, thanks tmass.