Pics of seedlings and my other hobby

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by engneer, Mar 9, 2011.

1. What's up GC? I'm a fairly new poster here. I did a grow about 4 years ago and got some bud and experience but had to shut down. Well as you can see from the attached pics, I do enjoy gardening and this is a great way for me to start up my indoor operation in a way that will draw no suspicion as to my actual crop. Now I'm growing tomato and pepper seedlings. :D

So here are my seedlings at 1 week old. I had the lights too high and they got a bit stretchy but they are doing better since I put them right up to the light. I planted them in MG Moisture Control Soil and have them under 20 watt flourescent tubes. Also you can see a picture of the closet. The plants flowered OK in here, but they need more light, so I am going to add a 400w HPS lamp before I put them into flowering. This will be good for vegging. I'll post as it moves along.

Attached Files:

2. Yeah you got some stretch there, but no harm done when you transplant just bury all that stretch. Good luck with the grow and nice patch you got there :cool:

3. #3 engneer, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
    Well here are pics at day 9. I have one mutant that won't die and seems to be showing signs of wanting to grow. I think I messed it up when I watered it...:eek: Will see if it lives or dies. They still are stretchy looking, but that's because I had the lights to far away for the first 2 days or so.

Also, yesterday a freaking cold front came through and we had this nasty thunderstorm and wind and it totally messed up my corn. :mad: The tomato plants got blown about, but they tomatoes seem to still be growing. Love fresh tomatoes!

Going to add a 400 watt HPS fixture to the grow setup. Totally convinced that flourescent is excellent for vegetative growth, but for flowering it just doesn't measure up. For really dense buds, if you can't get sunshine, HPS is 2nd best and 3rd best is a ways behind.

Since HPS generates lots of heat will vent from my home A/C system into the bottom of my grow cabinet and then vent out the top into my attic. 400 Watts of HPS plus 24 2 foot flourescent tubes....hoping that gives me some beautiful buds!

Want to make sure the plants veg long enough. The plant lives in nature and veg's for at least 4 months in most places. This is opinion only, but I think that if I could let this thing veg for 75 - 90 days, it would give me a much much greater bud output then vegging for just 30 days. Hoping to get some nice 4 foot plants, so I'll top them to keep them to keep them short enough and prune them regularly to control side growth and focus plant production on upper colas.

The weed this seed came from was amazing. I hope I do this well and get some nice dank smoke. Will update in a couple of days. :smoke: :bongin:

Attached Files:

4. #4 engneer, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
    Woke up and looked at them today and the stalks were all spindly and bent. I took the plants and put them in deeper pots and buried the stalks. They are right up to the light now, so no more stretching. Also, got my 400 w ballist. Going to move all those flourescent tubes down about a foot and then put the HPS on top.

Hope I get some female plants.

Attached Files:

5. Good good looking good as new, bloody shame about your other crops though. I've always been keen to have my own fruit and veg garden, shit I still remember the pleasure of growing my own potatoes when I was a little kid. One day :smoke:

6. Well here are some pics of the plants at 13 days. They are doing much better and they look very healthy. They have been on 24/7 light until last night. I'll put them on 16/8 timer now until flowering. Also, I haven't given them any fertilizer yet and won't until the bottom leaves start to turn yellow.

Attached is a picture of the tub I want to transplant into for flowering. You can see a 5 gallon bucket next to it for size reference. I'm thinking that I'm going to fill the tub with dirt and put 4 plants in there.

Gonna go blaze. :smoke: :bongin:

Attached Files:

7. You really don't want to put all 4 plants into 1 tub. Put each one into a 3 or 5 gallon bucket.

8. Here's some pics of the plants at 15 days. Watered them real good today. First time in a week.

I'd bet $100 the first one is male. The plant just looks so big and healthy and really stands out compared to the other plants. Both times I've seen this before it was male. Found some Flora Nova 1 part Bloom and Flower that I bought from my last grow like 4 years ago. They were stored in the dark and I don't see any expiration date on them, so I'll use em and see how it goes. Been procrastinating on the grow closet and everyone is coming home tomorrow night. Now that the pressure is getting on I can finally get some work done!

Also, had one mutant plant that wouldn't die. Transplanted it today, but its a lot smaller then the other plants.

Attached Files:

9. Yeah like the above poster said, definitely don't transplant into one pot. Otherwise everythings looking good :)

10. Doing some major work on the grow cab, so I put the plants in the garden and let them hang with the watermelon and cantaloupe. There they are soaking up the sun :yummy:

The grow box is coming along. Have the A/C vent hooked in and I've lowered the flourescent lights. Will get this thing finally finished this week for sure.

I have decided that I am going to start them on 12/12 and make them show sex. I will then put them back on 18/6 and transplant and let veg another 3 weeks or so. I'm thinking another 10 days before they show sex and then another 20 days of vegging, so maybe we are looking at putting them into full flower around April 20. We'll see how it goes. I know patience is difficult, but will pay off in the long run. :metal: :bongin:

Later Blades.

Attached Files:

11. #11 engneer, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
    Hey Blades. Well I've been super busy and motivated this week. Making really good progress on the grow cab. The short version is I did a flourescent tube grow 5 years ago and built a cab for it. Then it got shut off and has recently been fired up again. Taken what I learned from my previous grow and my reading and making some major upgrades. Venting directly into my houses AC system so it will have an AC vent blowing in from the bottom. Also, adding a 400 W HPS light for flowering. Will post pics of the cab when it is done.

So for today, I went a bit photo crazy. First one is my dog. Say hi to the blades Moose. :wave:

The seeds were put in water 3 weeks ago today. I have 5 plants and you have top and side views of all of them. They are definitely spindly on the bottom, but otherwise the plants look very healthy to me. When I transplant them I'm going to cut the bottom 2 sets of leaves off and bury the stem deep. Also, one plant is so far behind the others. It kept getting messed up, but wouldn't die. It's starting to look a lot better and is growing. I have them in my garden today and it needed watering and fertilizer, so I gave the MJ plants nutes for the first time today. Pics of them in the water in my garden. :p

Also, started them on 12/12 lighting yesterday. Had to buy a new timer. I'm thinking 4 to 4 1/2 foot plants, so I'm going to make them show sex, transplant and put them back on 18/6. Will let them get to a good 18 - 20 inches before I flip the switch. Hope I get a few females. :love:

Hope you like the pics. Later.

Attached Files:

12. #12 engneer, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
    So the grow box is finished. Here are the pictures of the finished product. I think its pretty stealthy and so far temperature control is good. Haven't really fired up all the lights yet, but I'm thinking as long as I keep day time highs under 95 I should be OK with night time lows at a cool 69 or so.

What I have is a metal box with 12 fixtures mounted to the sides of the cabinet and 3 on top. Each fixture holds 2 24 inch 20 watt T12 flourescent tubes for a total of 30 light bulbs when we are at full power for vegging. Once we go to flowering I will replace the top with a 400 watt HPS light.

For venting I went into my attic. You can see I have a fan that is blowing and that is my suction for the top of my cab. I also have a vent into my central ac system that is coming into the bottom of the cab.

I'm going to use an old TV cabinet for a veg box so I can have clones ready. :D

Here are some pics.

Later Blades.

Attached Files:

13. Here are some pics of the plants at day 23. I definitely have one that is a different strain from the others.

Looks like a really good example of the difference between indica and sativa (hope those are spelled correctly :eek: ). The one is way shorter and bushier then the others. Not sure which is which, but you can see the difference for sure. The plants are 3 days in on 12/12 lighting. Hope they start showing sex soon. I want to get them transplanted before their roots get all locked up. I really hope I don't have to get rid of that bushy one, it looks like it would be really sweet bud. :love:

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Later Blades.

Attached Files:

14. Just want to see how this is going to go

15. i want to start a garden kind of like yours so it hide my plants and i can have fresh tomatos..but what other plants can i get that will get kind of big to hide like 3 or 5 plants..sorry for hijacking your thread..but your gardens the shit...

16. LOL...no problem. I wouldn't plant my MJ plants in my garden. It would be darn near impossible to hide them. If your garden is pretty well hidden, then that's a different story. Tomato's definitely work good. You can trellis them and grow them tall. I'm going to plant some flowers soon and attach a trellis to the fence and let some viney type flowers grow up so I have like a 8 foot wall of flowers, and then grow some white and yellow sunflowers in front of it. There's a lot of plants out there and you can really get creative with it. If you are going to do it, you gotta love it because they require regular maintenance. If you don't take care of them, you won't get crap out of them and it will turn into a massive eye sore.

17. Well did some work on the garden today and thought I would post some pics. We are going to have corn on the cob tonight and fajita's with the green peppers.

Also, we are going to have lots of tomato's soon. They are just starting to get ripe. The big ones sell at Publix for $4 a pound which is like one of these bad boys.

The corn didn't get properly pollinated and that was my fault...learning experience. When planting only a couple rows of corn, they need help in pollination. When the tassels start to develop if you take a paper grocery bag and put it over each plant and gently shake it, this will help in the pollination. However, I was too rough and I broke a lot of the tassels before they got to pollinate so the corn cobs only developed between 50% and 75%. The corn that did develop looks tasty!

Pulled out all the corn and going to let the watermelon and cantaloupe have more space. Hope to get lots of sweet, juicy melon. Any, hope you enjoy the pics.

Later Blades.

Attached Files:

18. Success on the grow box!!! :cool: :yay: The grow box modifications have been a major success.

Today I fired up all the lights and the temps are holding in the high 80's with the box closed. Before the modifications, temps inside the box would be over 100 degrees with the doors closed. When I add the HPS fixture for flowering the temps will increase mostly in the upper 2 feet of the cab, so even if the daytime highs are 8 or 10 degrees higher, I will still be good and night time temps are about 68. Humidity is a bit high and I'm not sure how to keep that down. Will see if it dries out when I add the HPS bulb.

Here are some pics of the cab fired up. Also added some red bulbs. Running 30 20 watt bulbs. 600 watts total. 8 red, 22 blue.

I really really hope the bushy one is female. 5 days in and they are showing nothing yet. I'd hate to throw the bushy one out :cry:.

Later Blades.

Attached Files:

19. Is your temp always in the 80s or is that its peak

20. #20 engneer, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
    No disrespect man, but I'm trying to keep this a clean thread. If you or anyone else has a legit question please ask. Hell, there's nothing more I like to do then talk about my shit.

That being said, if you read my most recent post, you would know night time lows are about 68 or 69.