Pics of first grow

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MGB, Jul 20, 2011.

1. #1 MGB, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    This my first post and first grow. I have been researching here on grass city for quite some time. I just got sick of buying ditch weed for astronomical prices. Believe it or not I have been smoking for 31 years and had never grown for fear of getting caught. Finally I decided enough was enough and then began my research.

My first goal was to locate seed that would grow and finish at my Northern Latitude.
    Next was to try and book learn how to grow with out any experience at all. This was a task within itself. I say this because so many folks have different ideas on what is the best way to grow and what is not. At times I got very confused but I just kept reading and tried making the best decisions I could.

Strains grown: (All plants are clones of mothers I started indoors in March)
    Appalachian Thunderfuck (Alaskan Thunderfuck x Local Indica) 8 clones
    Mighty Mite 2 clones
    Rock Bud 2 clones

Soil (Premier Promix BX w/ Mycorise)

Soil Amendments:
    Sunleaves Mexican Bat Guano
    Coast of Maine EWC's
    Miracle grow organics choice blood meal
    Miracle grow organics choice bone meal

Nutrients: (The full Humboldt nutrients organic line)
    Base Nutrients:
    Grow Natural
    Bloom Natural
    Deuce Deuce

Supplements:
    Equilibrium
    Hum-Boldt
    Flavorful

Biological Inoculants:
    Mayan Microzyme
    Prozyme
    Myco Madness
    Myco Maximum
    Humboldt Roots
    White Widow

Sweetener:
    Humboldt Honey ES

Here is my progress after 5 weeks in 5 gal buckets. I got a late start do to cold wet conditions until mid June. As I said I am no pro this is my first grow and am willing to take any advice if given in a constructive manner. I will post more pics in 4 weeks.

View attachment 651382

View attachment 651385

View attachment 651396

2. Plants are looking good!

Congrats on growing your own :hello: Homegrown is best! :smoking:

3. Plants pretty rootbound? If so move up to 10 gallons. If not everything is great. I am always one to suggest more soil since that is the plants food and they do learn container size somewhat.

4. If you re-pot, I would go with Smart Pots.

5. MGB, your plants look great, but your nutrient line up scares me. With your soil amendments you won't need much in the way of nutrients, and they could be building up in the soil. I would go easy on the nutrients. And keep good notes. I have fixed problems from my own notes that would have otherwise escaped me, I recommend that for all growers, btw......it's a great feeling not to have to pay for your smoke, and your well on your way.........good job........MIW

6. daym those are some sexy lookin' plants xD
    real bushy they look mad