Pics of 1st grow... thoughts?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by beelovestrees, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Idk if uvb is a good light for these babies. If anything more cfls maybe take those out how much do you water them? How often? How close are the cfls to the plants? Any fertilizer? I didnt use fertilizer until like a week ago and mine were just slow growers I have a lot of patience though.. I dont know everything but these are questions I would think about.. also what kind of soil and if you move them ut takes a week before they start to grow again cuz there in shock

2. Maybe a week..

3. I give 16 oz of water every other day or when soil feels dry, lights are about 4-5 in away, just started giving very little nutes, 2-7-7 is the ratio, says its for cactus and stuff, but i only put 5 drops in the 16 oz bottle, every other water, using the organic miracle grow soil.. i just wish they'd show sex already..lol from what i've been looking at, they look more like females, plus i'm not seeing balls yet, so that's a good thing, right? Lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Going to give them a couple weeks to recover from the transplant, then going to flip them to 12/12.

5. Heard that uvb can increase thc, and that it needs to be indirect light.. guess we'll see, b/c the uvb's are on the left plant, and none on the right one.. :)

6. You said you knew which seeds to try? The plumper tiger striped looking ones, right?

7. Yes exactly. The lighter colored ones are underdeveloped and usually wont give you a strong plant. Could be too many drops. I have salt looking plant food so I only put less than a teaspoon of it into a small spray bottle you dont wanna put a whole lot of that stuff into it. You also should have a higher nitrogen than phosphorus and potassium they won't show theyre sex until theyre under 12/12 for 15 days maybe a lil less. The darker seeds are usually the female ones.

8. Do you think i'm not giving enough water? 16 oz between 2 plants doesn't seem like alot

9. You have 2(nitrogen) 7(potassium) & 7(phosphorus) theres a lot of info here on grasscity that will be extremely helpful to you basically you want 20-20-20 or 6-2-4 for vegetative stage. You most likely have too much of the wrong things. Also can you check the ph of your water? I can't and having too much or not enough can actually result in a nutrient lock out. People have helped me with a lot of this lol

10. I usually split a cup between the two. It depends how big the pots are and how big the plant itself is. As long as the soil gets nice and wet but not muddy.

11. We have well water that runs thru a filter, no softeners or anything like that, basically purified water.. lol i did have them in some miracle grow soil that had 12% nitrogen, but now that they're getting close to flower, i heard to ease up on the nitrates and give them higher phosphorus and potash.. i just hope i can get them to the end and end up with a little smoke. Going to take what i learn this time and run w it next time..lol

12. Oh andi know you said your going into flowering soon so for flowering you need more potassium than nitrogen. So 15-30-15 or 5-15-10 and start with this 3-4 weeks after 12/12 change

13. Word.

14. After transplant.

Attached Files:

15. Yours do look pretty my plants are long and tall lol

Attached Files:

16. Crazy. Did u top or LST?

17. Nopee didnt know enough to top it and didnt know how to lst :/

18. I didn't either, i just did it.. u gotta wait til 4th node for both. Watch some youtube vids for your next ones..

19. How long until you got alternating nodes and/or pistils?

20. What do you mean??