Pics / new camera

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Roniin, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Now that yall can see better, I'm worried about my girl. Not much resin production, and some the leaves are dried and crispy, one bud looks the same, dried alittle, looks reddish brown too. Picking off 1 caterpillar a day. So, what's with my baby. The hairs are bright white and a tint of purple at base of pistils

Attached Files:

2. I'm thinking of cutting her down today seeing as how she's looking rougher every day. So seeing as this is my second grow maybe you guys will see something or catch something that I haven't seen yet. I'm looking for any advice to help me on when to cut it down, if I should let it grow a little more, or anything I can do in general

3. #3 BrassNwood, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
    That dried reddish brown looking bud has likely been cut off or nearly so by a caterpillar and a light tug will pull it free most times.. For every cattie you find mother moth laid 500 eggs in her life in clutches of about 50 eggs each.. I had them in all sizes from to small to see up to an inch long..
    BT them bastards every week without fail start to finish.. I've found them munching away in the veg shed, on the flowering plants.. Hell I've even found them in the cloner before..
    [*][​IMG]\t\t\t [*][​IMG]\t\t\t [*][​IMG]\t\t\t [*][​IMG] [​IMG]

Any of the half dozen brands on the market will get it done.. It's the lowest level of protection you can use being a biological with a very short life.. That's why the weekly treatments are needed.. It has no staying power but that's exactly what you want on a smoked product.. Bonide Thuricide is the one I use but that's just the one I can get cheapest at the local garden center.. The hydro store sells the safer brand at 3x the cost.. Same base product.. BT-K
    BNW
    Edit :: it's just part of growing outside.. We get all that great free light but mother nature makes us work for it.. Nothing is free in life and that's true about this as well

4. Shes a beauty ... Heres mine looking beatyfull to lol

Attached Files:

5. #5 Roniin, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
    That's a nice color green Krip she'll be purrdy. How old is she?
    I just got 10 more started, everyone told me I started way to late but it's Florida, the light here is about the same year round vs north I'm pretty sure. 2-3 days without caterpillars or more bud rot. I'm excited. Now I gotta get ppl to quit moving her. I keep finding little finger leaves on top the soil, like WTF lol I had to sit everyone down and say only I touch her

Attached Files:

6. loool. Hahaha hey at least they dint take a bud hahah. Only pest fuking round with my girls are Iguanas. Im starting on 3 on January hopefully with big yield each

7. Seedlings need about 30 days to mature enough to flower but flower they will at this time of year so you'll have a mess of 12 inch flowering plants.. Not a bad thing just don't expect them to get very big unless they get some veg time..

BNW

8. Where r u located?

9. Southern California.. Not far outside Los Angeles..

10. I was told Florida you can grow all year round, I figured our plants would be small from always trying to bud asap

11. Happy new year guys

12. You too bro!

13. Flower year round.. You've got to understand the nature of the photoperiod plants.. They need 15 hours or more of light to stay in veg.. I get that part done in an old garden shed under T5 High output fluorescents..
    [​IMG]
    Vegged under 24-0 lighting.. The bigger you can veg them before setting out the bigger the harvest..

[​IMG]
    This set of plants were two thirds this big when I set them out on the 7th of December They'll finish the end of Jan from the look of them.. Colder then normal for us and it's slowed them a bit..
    BNW

14. Ahhh so I need to veg inside then when ready, put them outdoors

15. Couple of different ways you can go.. Even a simple CFL in a clamp on light would work outside if you don't have an inside area.. I've even done some with Solar lights but that didn't work in the 2 darkest months.. Not enough charge time I'm thinking..
    [​IMG]
    This worked just not in Dec and Jan..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

16. Yea I'll use a CFL indoors

17. [​IMG]
    This was one of the pair of veg boxes I used for a couple of years.. Plants spent the days in the sun and nights in the boxes..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

18. What's a simple easy way to make a veg box, any advice?

19. It started simply enough.. A double wall cardboard box of about the right size and a ripped apart 70 watt Metal Halide porch light
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    But it was way hot and smoking the small plants so I changed to the CFLs and built a 2nd box identical to the first.. Mostly because without the boxes the shed I was using leaked light so bad..
    4 CFL at first then some doublers.. To hot again.. Bigger fan.. More lights.. A stronger fan.. More lights.. The strongest fan that size and shape and took out lights until the temps stabilized.. So the first box was about 100 bucks but that was spread over several months as I'd buy a few lights or splitters at a time.. Judge the results of the temps and wait a while before messing with things again..
    It was only 2 years later when I started adding up what it was going to cost to replace all the CFLs with name brand lamps of the correct colors that I tossed the sagging boxes and started over..
    BNW

20. I'm thinking just get a seed to sprout, and when its not outside it'll be inside on a table under a cfl