PICS INCLUDED , ok is she ready to harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, Aug 9, 2009.

1. hey guys this is my blue cheese at week 9 of flowering
    im going to start flushing tomorrow cuz i think it should be ready to harvest in a couple weeks

most of the white hairs have turned orange (i would say about 70 percent)
    all suggestions appreciated
    also i used cfl for this grow and i was jw if a 250 watt hps light would put out more heat that 8 26 watt cfl lights, because im using cfl now

also the electric bill, will i have a significant difference in price of my bill if i get the 250 hps
    i just want to grow pot as fast as possible and get the good bud, my next grow will be vio kush an di want it work out perfectly
    thanks

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      95.6 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      95 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      85.7 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      90.4 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      80.2 KB
      Views:
  2. She'll be ready in a few weeks, so you're right to flush!! Good job keep up the hard work.

As for the light.. your 8 26watters uses around 200 watts and the 250 obviously uses 250 watts so you will see little to no increase in power consumption. The 250 will put out more heat, but not too much more.

Good luck!

3. i would agree it should be about time to flush. that looks like some good buds for that amount of cfls. how long did u veg that baby and what nutes or ferts did you use. im doing a cfl grow too and was just wondering.

4. #4 Deleted member 166296, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    8 x 26 Watt CFL =
    13 800

1 x 250 Watt HPS =

and yea also use

DWC Buckets because I think your only not going to grow a lot of plants? Anyways use hydro for the next and make sure 24 hour light period...33% faster growth =)

5. hey thanks sword and dutc and map
    i vegged this baby for 27 days
    im not happy with the bud size at all
    ive been using flora nova bloom along with liquid koolbloom
    i have a question about high intensity lights because the cfl lights just arent doin it for me anymore
    will i have a big heat problem if i get an enclosed ballast light system, because im kinda stretched for money
    i was looking at this Sun System 2 - Complete Lighting System, Available in 250 Watt & 400 Watt

it says its air cooled , but how is it air cooled i dont see any signs of it
    thanks guys
    sorry map but i love my soil and i dont have the money to buy a hydro bucket i just need a better light

6. hey maccio i dont get that 13800
    and 28,500 , is that the electricity

7. no thats the amount of lumens the lights give off so basicly there saying that the 250 watt mh is more efficient then the cfls i would go with the mh though

8. You might run into a heat problem if you can't properly circulate your air (90% of small growers have this problem). Many people have no way to vent their closet exhaust outside, which is the best thing to do to relieve temp spikes. Even just getting a blower fan near the top of your closet blowing out of it can lower your temp 5-10 degrees. Also, having a fan outside the closet blowing cool/new air directly onto your canopy can give you even more leeway.

I recommend getting the HID, your will love the density and speed of bud growth.

Good luck!

9. wow drooping , lack of growth .. you may be rootbound... bad

smaller plant or bigger pot next grow Ed.

go with the HID of course..but with that HID there are 2 things to consider.

1. weight.. the ballast is attached to the light/reflector so it is gonna weigh more and increase the risk of crushing your plant, if it falls.. not to mention all the extra crap for hanging it needed.

2. heat.. there are two seperate heat issues here

A.read thru that add again .. it is aircooled with optional attachements. No matter what aircooled hood you purchase it is going to need some sort of fan to move the air, wether it be a full on blower ..or just a simple inline fan.

B. the enclosed ballast. the ballast in the room will cause heat issues.. a ballast puts off almost as much radiant heat as the bulb itself..so you probably do not want them in the same tiny airspace with your plant.

My suggestion is to pick up

Ballast

https://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=480&navid=53

either the 250 or 400 ( keep in mind the 400 allows for more expansion before having to upgrade lights again)

hood/reflector

https://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=478&refpid=480&navid=53

it has 6 inch in and outs ..so keep that in mind when purchasing vent tubing, fans, and connectors

and the fan

https://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=298&navid=29

the fans cheap but good for 9-12 months ( enough time to save up for a blower and carbon filter set up ;) )

there is only a 15 dollar price diffrence in the between the 400 watter above, and the system in your link. ( I added the price of the glass, and the AC fittings to the price in your link...but not a fan...)

hope this helps

10. ohh and that is just the hydro site I use .. you may have one that is a fav..or better prices..so please shop around..and get the best deal.

11. hey thanks a lot for that info wharfrat
    discount hydro is where i get all my stuff at
    i dont have the money to buy the inline fans, is it necessary
    because i have an a/c in my room and it keeps it coool

12. hey saw your other thread, and figured I would answer here to both questions.. hope your cool with that.

1. yes you will want to use a fan with it.

Ok now I have seen your looking at not getting an AC'd hood cause of the cost of the fan ...STOP!!!!! get the AC'd hood .. but if you have to wait to get the inline fan/blower just take the glass out of the hood..that way it is a standard hood ..but when you get the $$ for the fan, and circulation system you can just add it with out buying a new hood to boot ...just add the galss back to the hood . :)

hope this makes sence