Pics included- do these look normal for 1 week and day seedling

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mr.snuggles2390, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Hey
    I've had these in 5 gallon pots for about one week. They are auto-flower so my local grow shop guy told me to put them in finish pots asap to cut down on transfers. Second leaves are coming through but slow and they are elongated. I have them under a 1000 watt HPS light that is 3 1/2 feet away. Humidity around 40-55. Temperature range 68-77 degrees dependent on when the vent fan is on. 18-6 light schedule. I can't put the light closer because it will get too hot, but I'm afraid the distance is stretching them. Sorry for the quality of the pics. My HPS light creates that glare.

Any thoughts? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Your lights too far away

#patientsovercups

3. How close could I get my HPS without burning them though? It seems that if I go closer than 2 1/2 feet it gets too hot. Is 2 1/2 ok?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Where it should be

#patientsovercups

5. Aight. 2 1/2 feet it is.

6. All you have to do is put your hand right above the seedling and if it's to hot for you it's to hot for your seedling... They don't need to much when seedlings though.

Special Queen#1
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1432973/

• Like Like x 1
  7. He's just got a bit of stretch is all

#patientsovercups

• Like Like x 1
  8. Why are you using hps for sprouts? It's not just that the light was probably too far, but they aren't getting enough of the cooler color spectrum, use MH and support them before they tip over and die.

• Like Like x 2
  9. #9 generic98547, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Yeah I know it's no big deal either way.... I didn't even see pics they wouldnt load (on slow internet) ... I was more or less just telling him for future reference that it's always good to just feel the heat from the light with your hand.

Though you do need to put some soil in that container... You have plenty of room to top it up and stabilize those plants

Special Queen#1
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1432973/

• Like Like x 1
  10. Absolutely no reason to be burning a 1000w HPS for plants still barely past the cotyledon stage. Put them under a T-5 or small CFL and they will do much better than they are right now.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Thanks ya'll. Put them under cfl about 3 inches away.

• Like Like x 1