(pics)crispy leaf tip rusty color in the center of leaf?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dealing trees, Mar 27, 2009.

1. bottom leaves are a bit crispy and a rusty color in the center of leaf, need help any suggestions as to what the problem may be?
    Soil: organic topsoil\organic nurtients\30% perlite[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

crappy cellphone type pictures :smoking:

2. is it just occuring on that leaf and no others?

3. yes, it's occuring on the same leaf set other side, also i've noticed some little dots on one of the leaves on the leaf set right above,i will try to post a pic, pests are out of the question could this be that the plant is root bound and showing signs of stress? or heat stress, due to the small dots almost makes me think not enough c02???

4. what is the pH of your runoff water. If its above 7.0 it could be a phosporus deficiency, regulate the water down to about 6.6-6.8 using lemon juice or vinegar and a pH tester. Did you add nutes to the soil at all?

This could also be a boron deficiency based on this guide http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688&page=1&pp=15
    this happens less often but it looks similar to your situation.

5. I had thought it could of been a boron deficiency, but im not really sure, and im not sure of my ph currently i need to pickup a new ph tester (all of my plants drink purified bottled water i.e: aquafina, foodclub, deerpark, dasani) thanks a lot for the advice.

6. aha sherlock a clue. A lot of bottled water companies put salts into their products which can effect pH and also cause a bildup of salts. Use distilled water or Reverse osmosis water, you can also use plain tap water as long as its stood out for a while to let the chlorine dissipate from it. Remeber to pH balance all the water you use when you get that kit. You might have plenty of boron in your soil, but it might be getting locked out. Bottled waters are usually at a 7.2-7.4 pH much too high for soil growing, you never want to go above 7 and 6.4-6.8 is the best range

7. now i understand when i let that water sit in a cup for added humidity there was a white buildup at the bottom, i smoke a lot and cant think well sometimes :smoking: thanks a lot for the info tho man, also if i use a small air pump with an air stone at the end will that help the chlorine from tap water dissipate faster in say a gallon jug of water with the cap off?-:smoking:

8. also the foodclub bottled water i use says it's processed by ozonation, advanced filtration and reverse osmosis technologies is that water safe? (i didnt have this problem until i started using other brands like aquafina and deerpark)