Picking up girls at the gym?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Blunt, Apr 11, 2013.

1. I don't know why but I can never bring myself to do this. Even when I see a group of girls constantly looking at me I'm always afraid to start a conversation because I don't want to interrupt their workout. That, and I'm admittedly a little nervous that I'm just misinterpreting their signs, which would be awkward since I see them almost every other day and half of them work there. In my opinion it's just a rough place to pickup girls to begin with, since most of them are there to workout, not to look good, and it's also not the easiest place to start and/or end a conversation. Any opinions on this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. yeah i agree... the gym is for working and you gotta be focused... in that lift big go hard mindset... so its probably better to wait until the workout is done... maybe say hi when youre leaving

3. Okay, good, I thought I was just being a pussy about it. They're all so good looking, but for some reason, the cons of starting a conversation at the gym seem to outweigh the pros, for now at least. I know one of these days I'm just going to say 'fuck it,' probably sooner than later to be honest. :eek:

4. almost everyone at the gym looks good lol... guys look beast and girls look sexy... only the noobs look off but if they keep it at they can look good too lol

5. Honestly if someone approached me at the gym, I'd probably be a bit ticked off if only for the fact that people go to the gym to exercise.

6. That's definitely true man. :laughing:

That's what I'm afraid of but they always seem to be looking at me and they're usually in groups so it's not like they aren't already talking. I don't want to just butt in on their conversation, but it's frustrating when I see another guy do it with complete disregard.

7. you could just be like, are you paying monthly for this? We could just go work out at my place for free all day and night ;)

8. I've picked up a couple and dated for varying lengths... in between sets I approached them and exchanged numbers pretty quickly.

9. The day you show you don't give a fuck they'll be all over you. Just talk to em, you know why? They want you to!

Ladies love confidence.

10. you are right. women don't go to the gym to get hit on. they are there to work out, not to meet guys (and not to mention a lot of gym addicts are complete tools). just because a woman might be looking at you doesn't mean she is checking you out or wants you to hit on her. like you said, you could be misinterpreting her signal

as someone who also works out and knows a few people who hit up the gym, i don't know of any female who goes to the gym looking for dudes to hit on her. they actually try to avoid it

11. Are the looking at you or eye fucking you? That's important

12. Ugh I hate guys at the gym. The worst.

13. Women at your gym? Weird shit. I'd recommend picking a new one so you can concentrate better.

14. Be careful. I was at the gym a couple weeks ago and saw two real cute girls from across the room. Being a horndog I walked across the room to workout close by and noticed they had school shirts on that said "Class of 2013"

So disappointing...

15. Seniors in highschool can be 18 bro, and if not they will be within a few months or so

16. I know, but when you're like eight years older it gets weird

17. If there's grass on the field, play ball.

But on a serious note, my parents actually met at a gym. So it's definitely possible.

18. it's probably a diversion

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wf-mRo7C2I]david wooderson - YouTube[/ame]

19. dude its just a huge no.. i feel like they get it all the time, and its probably a bunch of meat-heads trying to make an excuse to talk to them by giving them bullshit tips. unless you're going to approach them on some real shit, and by the sound of it, you're not.. then id say don't bother.

20. I think some people may have misinterpreted what I meant by "picking up girls." I'm the laid-back type, meaning I rarely ever take the initiative. For the most part, I just sit back and let other people come in and out of my life as they please. With that being said, more social networking never hurt anyone, especially with cute girls. I'm not specifically looking to "spit game," or start using pick up lines at the gym, I just wanted to be more friendly and hopefully get myself onto a first name basis with a few of them. I'm not looking to go right from the gym to my bed, I just want to be on more socially acceptable terms. Maybe that won't lead to anything, maybe just a friendship, or maybe even to my bed, doesn't really matter either way to me. It'd just be nice to get my name out there at the gym because I know I work out hard at least 4 times a week and someone has to notice that.

Yeah, you're right man. Sometimes I think that's all they're looking for though because it's obvious to tell they're not doing much working out.

Yeah man, this really cute Mila Kunis look alike tried to talk to me the other day, which was cool and all, until she mentioned she was still in high school. :(

Define "on some real shit," because I wouldn't be making a Thread like this if I wasn't trying to be respectful to them. It's not like I'm trying to dog them, just want to be friendly without stepping on anyone's toes.

P.S. Thanks all for the responses. :smoke: