picking light for mothers and veg stage...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cez, Nov 18, 2007.

1. I am trying to figure out what light to use for my mothers and veg stage plants, I will be using a grow space that measures 39"x58". Is it possible to use one light for both applications(will be 2mothers and at any given time around 9plants in veg stage)? I was looking at a 400w MH setup but not sure if that will be enough or would a 600w be better? I am only planning on harvesting every 2months or so(just personal stash) so I dont need to have rapid growth from the mothers every week or anything, but dont want to buy this light and turn around and buy the bigger.

thanks for any help.
    CEZ

2. get the 600 if you really want to veg that many AND keep moms in the same room but the light height will be different for your moms (higher than your vegging ones) so maybe use CFLs to supplement them

You got good ventilation in there?

Makes all the difference in the world and you'll need it with HID

3. well my vent system consists of (2) 6" vortex inline fans(1 intake, 1 outtake outside) And for the lights, I will prob throw my mothers in the intened box I made(just wanted to clear some clutter, but think it will effect my grows)So my mothers will be in a cabnet that is 44"x24"x48"(would some T5 lights work in this box, as I dont really want 3 sets of MH/HPS lights going all the time?) And for the veg stage then would a 400MH system be enough for the veg stage?

CEZ

4. you'll be way more than fine!