Picked up a bass

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by decrimbud, Dec 30, 2008.

1. So I just picked up a Stagg bass for $150 the other day. I've been wanted to play bass for the past 7 years or so and I have never bought one. I play guitar so picking up bass isn't incredibly hard. I'm going to take lessons and everything though because I want to get really good and being in a band playing bass. I love bass. Bass lines are great, your great, everything is just great.

P.S. I'm so ripped right now and have been all day. :smoke:

2. Man I've alwayz wanted to play the bass for song long but I will eventually. Good luck and I hope you get really good at it playa:D

3. I did the same thing about 6 months ago and have been loving it ever since.

I've been playing guitar for about 5 years and got kind of bored with it so i switched to bass and man, I've been missing out!!!! lol.

You'll enjoy it no doubt.

4. FUCK YAa

i love bass. what are you using for an amp?

do you use a pick?>

do you any any theory?how to read music?

if u got any bass questions just ask me :)

-BW

5. I'm using my friends crate bass amp right now, until I can afford my own, I have been using my fingers but I could play with a pick if I wanted to but I dont want to and I took a music theory class in high school and so I can read music and what not, but thanks alot man!

6. Just an update for anyone interested. My bass playing has been going really well. I'm taking lessons from an awesome guy that I've known for years and is so good and gives me good deals. I am learning a ton of the basics eg: scales, triads, techniques and all that good stuff....But I've also been playing as many Sublime songs as I can, and also a ton of Ska such as Leftover Crack, Choking Victim etc. So I would say that I'm coming along nicely and I'm really really enjoying my bass!