Pica! Nute burn or heat stress... definately not lack of n? Need guidance please!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by twistedinfinity, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Hey g city! I have 3 seedlings about three weeks old or near. I fear one of the plants is suffering from Nute burn and want to know if you think I should flush immediately or if its maybe due to high temps at night when the closet is closed.

I'm feeding 30-50% or so strength Lucas formula with general hydroponics.

In sunshine #2.

Under 300 watts pl-l fluorescents.. the plants are 4 inches or less from the lights which don't really get too hot. I have a fan blowing over the plants keeping the air flowing but the room gets into 80s during the night lately all closed up. Trying to keep it cooler.

So the plants are chocolope.. which I hear there is a weak sickly pheno of and hoping I don't have it or I will pop some more seeds.

The other plants are confidential cheese and connie chung. I'm mostly concerned about chocolope and you will see why below.

Leads curling and turning weird and yellowing with a few brown spots.

Attached Files:

2. It could be a humid heat stess or heat stress + overwatering.

3. Is a small fan lightly blowing fresh air over the top too much and drying them out maybe?

4. That's unlikely because the lowest leaves, closest to the moisture in the soil, would be noticeably perkier while the tops droop.

5. how often are you watering it looks over fed and your soil looks real moist that a big newbe mistak

6. I just water when the soil gets dry.. thing is I have 2 other seedlings been getting the same exact treatment and they look great.. different strains. Just popped 2 more chocolope seeds to see if its just the plant mainly. Let you know how it goes

7. I think it's watering related, and thus ph related too. The plants are showing signs of too low of a ph and that's usually because you never let the main ball of roots dry out enough between waterings to let the ph rise like it should so the plant can pick up N and P. You can leave it alone until the plant looks dry, not the soil looks dry, and it will fix itself over time...or you can add heat, like a seedling mat underneath it, and it helps rid itself of some of the excess water and the ph will rise again and much more rapidly...or you can start feeding it higher ph water to compensate, but untimately that really just adding more water. I think i would let it dry out until the plant asks for water, then use a higher ph water for a few feedings, and better observe the watering cycle. Go by the plants droopyness and not the soils's degree of dryness, it's very misleading.

8. Could have been. I watered with higher strength nutes and left for two days. The chocolope looks quite a bit better than it did. The confidential cheese and Connie chung look amazing. Thanks for the input