Pic Pic Hooray!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by farside12, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Boy, I'm even surprised to see the difference 1 week makes!

Plant 2:

Attached Files:

2. The are all beautiful... they appear rather healthy, and are growing quite nicely...whatever your doing... keep doing it.

take care.

3. Good lookin' plants guys! Keep up the great work. We all know the effort is for sure worth the end result!! Keep us posted with your efforts.

4. Well, it's been about a week which means it's time for a pic update on my "hobby" ;)

Sorry about the pics this time, they're kinda crappy I must admit, but my digicam battery compartment doesn't stay shut on it's own anymore and usually have it taped up with electrical tape to keep the power on, but this time I couldn't find the tape for the life of me, so I was squeezing pretty hard on the battery door while juggling pots, doors, and a sheet. The next ones will be better I hope (by that time they should be under a 400w HPS!!) :D

Here is plant 1:

Attached Files:

5. And now plant 2:

Attached Files:

6. As you can see they have been transplanted into much larger pots. but are still "fine and frisky"-- and as soon as I lifted the sheet I could smell them..pretty pungent skunky aroma coming from them.

The next few pics I'm gonna post on here are of the new "door" I built (to help circulate air better as well as take more heat out of the room (for when the HPS arrives) and to keep the cats out), and a crappy pic of the flowerbox I was describing in an earlier post (see "flowerbox" post). My camera has this kind of "zoomy/magnifying lens on it, so even when I stand back a ways, it only gets a close up pic . Oh well, c'est la vie.

Here is the "door":

Attached Files:

7. ...and here is the crappy flowerbox picture..(the left edge at least... showing the "heat removal hose" I will attach to the top fan of the new "door" (which blows out, the bottom fan blows in) ).

That's all for this week, stay tuned until next week when we see how I handle using the new HPS (another "first" for me) and how the plants handle my handling. :D !

Thanks for taking a minute to check out this post!

Farside12

Attached Files:

8. I try to keep the flor lighting 1 inch from top of plant.
    They give off very litle heat and I have seen the plants touch the bulbs with no problem.
    I am using a growstick type of flor with the aquarium and growlight type mixed.
    \

I think you can go closer then 4"

9. Finally, someone with some plants that look like mine. I keep seeing all of these plants that are massive and mine has 4 sets of leaves 2 leaves per set.

How long did it take yours to get to this poit after you dropped in your seeds?

10. Not sure if you mean mine or swan's but mine are shown at one week intervals, so from the last pic to about the size you are talking about ..between 2-3 weeks.

Farside12

11. I was actually talking about the first pics on this thread. I didn't even notice there were 3 pages to the thread. See what late nights do to you. :)

Plants are looking good though

12. That type of weed in the picture looks like one I have.
    It gets really bushy and the leafs stay wide.
    I think this would be a good candidate for scrog because of the bushyness, as I understand it this kind is a winner.

13. Hey All!

Sorry It's been so long between updated pics, things have been pretty hectic on my end. But your wait is over!

The following pics are some updates on how the "babies" are doing (not that I can call them that anymore, but..).

Also I'm gonna post some pics of my flowerbox finished. (The way I have things set up I can't get a pic of the whole thing at once, so bear with the cropped photos plz :) )

Plant 1:

Attached Files:

14. Plant 2:

(This is the one I was saying was curling and somewhat droopy...)

Attached Files:

15. Here's the top (outlet air) and bottom of box (intake air):

Attached Files:

16. I know this one is kinda silly/redundant, but I felt like putting it on here anyhow. For those of you "in the know", does the angle of the light look alright?

Attached Files:

17. As of the day of the posting of the previous pics I have started fetilizing these buggers with Shultz's bloom booster. Hopefully it'll work wonders. Still don't know sex yet, but I figure I should within the next week or so. Here's to hoping!

Hope you all enjoyed the pics. The next ones I post will be after sex is determined.

Outta Here!,

Farside12

18. nice looking plants you got there farside, how many watts is that HPS you got there, and how much did you pay for one because im looking for myself a cheap HPS light, oh yeah how many watts did you grow them under before you put them under the HPS. Right now I have 1 40 watt fluoro, and 2 40 watt cool white bulbs. Do any of you thinkt hat is enough to veg them?

19. It's a 400W HPS that I got for about $120 (including shipping). I bought a used one from Inside Sun Company and it came with a used bulb as well as a new one (new new one was broken when I got it...Thanks to the tender handling of UPS, so I went out and bought a new bulb for $20 at a local home improvement store).

Before they were under the HPS, I had them under 1 four-foot flouro (with 2 40W bulbs in it), side-lit with 2 35W "Gro-Stik" lights from a garden supply store, and bottom-lit with another 4 foot flouro (only one of the 40W lights works in it cuz it got dropped in my second grow attempt). So altogether I had about 190W of flouro in a small enclosed space (about 8 square feet) during vegging. I would suggest going out and getting at least one more 4-foot flouro to make sure they have enough light to survive (they need 120W minimum I think I heard somewhere). The only reason I don't have a second 4 foot flouro above them (I have an extra one I'm not using) is due to space confinement. I may have an idea how to rig it, but that's a project for another day. :D

Hope that helps!

Farside12

20. Thanks!

Yup I have and am just waiting and hoping for at least 1 girl out of the 2.

I rigged my veg area to be about 50x more efficient. See attached illustration... :

Attached Files: