pic of my sick babies, whats wrong?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by PerpetualBurn, Aug 10, 2007.

1. I planted these (White Widow x Buddha) a few weeks ago from seeds they were doing awsome till recently they started getting spots on the leaves, also some of the leaves seem to have no moisture in them and they are kind of curling, i have 3 plants only one of them is still ok, the 2 others have this. I haven't given them anything except for water at this point.

What causes this and how do I fix it? :confused:

Also if it matters they are currently under a T5 High output fluorescent grow lamp

thanks a ton in advance!!

[​IMG]

2. Well lets start by what kinda soil are you using? cuz if its miracle grow its a definate no no uhh your temps cant be too high but check for bugs and perhaps its time to add some nutes? and its possiable your light might be too close and its burning the leaves?

3. I've heard people on here say that miracle grow soil is fine to use but to avoid miracle grow fertilizer. Although I am using miracle soil and some of my plants have leaves that looks almost exactly think that. hmm..

4. se7enUP Miracle Grow soils suck

Vegatative cycle fertilizer
    Miracle-Gro® Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food (they make several fertilizers be sure its this one)
    http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm...t/documentId/637153cfaa6b1ff545c0236933b0a7a4
    Fertilizer Analysis: 24-8-16 with micronutrients
    2 level "Teaspoons" per gallon of water, (reduce this by 50% first time application) use this as your water, feed every other watering till flowering

5. 1. Soil or soilless & brand name of soil , hydro?
    2. PH of medium?
    3. PH run off?
    4. PH of water?
    5. Age of plants?
    6. What Fertilizer, dosages, and frequency?
    7. lites, wattage & proximity to plants
    8. Light cycle. 24/0,, 18/6,, 12/12?
    9. In light cycle how long?
    10. Room temps

looks like soil/ferts

6. I'm never buying miracle grow products again! I'll be lucky if my plants can even manage to flower. it's a strong plant though. MJ. They're fighting for their lives. It's kind of interesting to watch... damn MG though. never again! > P

7. I'm using Premier PRO MIX soil

8. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width=535 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=18>
    [​IMG]
    </TD><TD class=text10 vAlign=top width=323>Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss (75-85 % / vol.) </TD><TD vAlign=top width=13> </TD><TD vAlign=top width=24>
    [​IMG]
    </TD><TD class=text10 vAlign=top width=139>Macronutrients</TD></TR><TR><TD>
    [​IMG]
    </TD><TD class=text10 vAlign=top>Perlite - horticultural grade </TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>
    [​IMG]
    </TD><TD class=text10 vAlign=top>Micronutrients</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>
    [​IMG]
    </TD><TD class=text10 vAlign=top>Vermiculite </TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>
    [​IMG]
    </TD><TD class=text10>Wetting Agent </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>
    [​IMG]
    </TD><TD class=text10 vAlign=top>Dolomitic & Calcitic Limestone (pH adjuster)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

contains ferts, stop supplemental feeding, wait till the plant begins to show signs of being hungry

9. any suggestions on what soil to use?

is it possible to fix this?

10. flush your plant.
    Flush with PH corrected water, till in optimum PH range & in your case so that the ferts are leeched from the soil, 3 times the volume of the pots rule of thumb but may require much more flushing if the rootball is thick & sour
    EG: 1 gal pot = 3 gal. flush