pic of my first grow ! Opinions??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by alterego, Oct 19, 2007.

1. 7 weeks into my first grow and heres how my babies are doing till now !. Im happy with how there coming along for an indoor grow in a cupboard with hardly any ventilation. They are nigerian x afghan btw and wil hopefully sow me soon what sex they are (fingers crossed)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

opinions or critisism welcome but remember its a first attempt so be gentle ha ha:D

2. You should switch the hours over to 12/12 that will determine the sex in a week or so, btw it looks like its wanting to flower already switch that bitch now man:D nice plants but only if there female (cross fingers)

EDIT: You should take the big fan leaves off to let more light around and above the buds, well you'll get them soon

3. Ive read somewhere to take off about a third of the leaves to allow more light :confused:
    ive just turned the lights on to 12/12 a half hour ago so hopefully ill get some sign of sex soon. feel almost nervous but exited . :gc_rocks:

4. Just dont trim the feeders off their little tiny leaves cant miss em, i'd say go for it cos i did and check out my grow, link in sig.

Show us a pic in a few days ok alterego?

I was excited too its a buzz aint it:D

5. Should i trim the big fan leaves back so they have flat tips or just remove some leaves completley?? Im just at a stage where i dont want to do anything wrong to harm them :confused:

6. Nice Plant.

In regards to the shade leaves, some say leave them, but tie them back or tuck them in behind. Other say to remove them.

During Veg i dont trim/remove the leaves, only sick ones.

In flower if i see a leaf blocking light to bud site, or making a "Canopy of Shade", i either tuck it or if thats no good, cut the fucker off ....

I leave any that are out of the way but sucking up the light.

I think it really depends on what strain your growing, height and lumens on how you "manicure" your plants.

Thats what i do. I dont know if its right or not, but it seems to work for me..

Have a Happy Harvest !!!

7. would ,i be better to cut the growth tip from the plants as they are both 26" tall and ive been told that in flowering they can take an allmighty stretch again . If i do this am i right in saying that cutting the growth tip will encourage shoot growth and slow down vertical growth:confused:

8. hey man, plants look great!

I would suggest getting some bigger pots though? (just from lookin at the pics it seems those are quite small pots for a plant that size) it would be a shame to see those babies get root bound and completly lock up. great job on the gardening man!

9. nice looking plant!
    What kind of light are you using?
    I assume CFL, considering your grow space.

10. Your right!! just like what i did BUT i topped mine 4weeks into veg.

Think about what your doing first tho.

11. im using a 400w hps with a pc fan for exhaust and a oscillating fan for circulation also i grow using coco block with coco A + B feed with a booster for flowering . temps sit around 83-90 ive also topped the plant as i said to encourage any growth but vertical . not to sure on how to trim the leaves so need to research this first.

12. I would be extremely minimal on cutting any leaves! I myself do not trim any leaves off until they start dying off. I would highly recomend just tucking any unwanted leaves out of the way and not cutting them off. If you think about it the plants have the great big fan leaves for an important reason. They don't grow fan leaves, after all these years of adaptation, just to be in the way of bud sites! Those big fan leaves are producing a huge amount energy for your plant to successfully grow. The bigger the leave is the more light the plant is able to convert into energy. If you could tell, I am completely anti cutting off any fan leaves. I honestly think that it produces a small amount of stress to the plant every time it gets a nice healthy leaf chopped off. That is my opinion on it all but there are a lot of different views on this subject though. Good Luck! Peace and Pot.

13. Point taken :rolleyes: But if your feeding the plant anyway its perfectly fine to do so also it does'nt cause that much stress at all, but then again im a noob still and im still learning, btw my buds have doulbe insize since trimming and its doing perfectly fine, my opition still stands.

Good info Vague;)

14. I dont see why you guys remove any of the leafs...

Light passes through the leafs.... except green light :S

Andrew

15. At the end of the day guys its up to you if you wanna cut n snip! Bye:wave: good luck with ya grow mate.

16. Wow a HPS in that little space? You got balls man!
    Carefull the plant doesn't touch the light and catch fire!

17. :smoking:
    i personally cut 1/3 of the leaf of (tips) and i beleive it helps alot just fold all points of leves toward center point and cut 1/3 of leaf it allows light to get to bud site and your bud sites have leaves on them to so they soak in some light
    ive never had any bad ressults in fact i think it betters it
    :wave:

18. the space i made was a box within a cupboard 36" wide 28" deep and up to 84" tall if i need it:cool: , the walls are coated in reflective material . so-far so good and like i said prevoiusly the temp sits consistent and not to faraway from the optimum id like:). i hope i have some end results to show yous guys soon :smoking: