pi rack????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gonandunit, Sep 5, 2008.

1. just came across this has anyone seen these in action? looks amazing 350 plants in such a small space. shit you could have almost every strain growing at the same time lol it would be like a spice rack for weed

2. Wow, that is an amazing looking system!!!

I have a home built Vertical Octagon system that works similarly .... but mine only holds 80 plants and doesn't have an auto-water system.

Vertical growing not only saves space but with full frontal lighting the plants actually produce more.

3. what size do your plants reach in that build?

4. I grow Master Kush, which is a fairly short plant to begin with, but my girls rarely get over 2' tall.

With the frontal lighting I don't get huge colas but I get tons of fat thumb size buds.

In 6 runs I have never gotten less than 5 lbs off of 3000w and on my best run did a little over 6.5 lbs.

5. theres a guy here selling a 350 plant pi rack for $1600 im very tempted, and going by your results from an 80 plant vertical set up i may just take the plunge;)

6. Sounds like an awesome pull. How did you make yours?

7. Mine is made out of 3 sheets of plywood and 8 ripped down 2'x4's.

Each shelf is designed to hold a standard cloning tray ... which in turn hold 2 - 3 gallon pots.

The design itself came about from combining two different vert-octo designs. The system has proven very successful and there are now 6 of them in operation (amongst other farmers) ... and all are doing quite well.

8. $1600 sounds like a lot for something you could build yourself

9. i wouldnt trust anything i built myself lol. this one is professionally made

10. id rather go for building man, $1600, damn.

11. Does the $1600 price include the lights and ballasts? If so I think its a great deal.

While I homebuilt my Octo structure I went with "off the shelf" for my light tube. I use the 3-1000w Vertitube .... which by the time I added bulbs, ballasts, and cords to was a bit over $1500.

http://www.humboldtwholesale.com/Octagon_Hydroponics/Vertitube

12. yup everything even think hes throwin in pots too

13. I'd say that sounds like a bargain.

Keep me posted on your results. I'm very curious to see how a 300+ plant system does in comparison to my 80 planter.

14. havent bought it yet:(

15. well when you do your gonna have a tonne of tomatos.

16. pi rack looks sick if used right anyone have pics????

17. Wouldn't the plants start to dip downwards when they get too tall??
    I don't know if that would even affect anything but I'm just curious

18. Hey Duckhead, you think you might have the dimensions for that octogon? I'm thinking about buying two Vertitubes but I'm not sure what I want them in yet but that looks cheap and efficient!