Physicists create world’s first multiverse of universes in the lab

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by g0pher, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Physicists create world's first multiverse of universes in the lab

2. Wtf? Confusion

3. The insanity of reality.

4. i dont get it

you put some cobalt in some kerosene, apply a magnet, and some light

you have universes????

WHAT?!

5. This just sounds like some bs to me. How does one create a universe

6. I love the Mulitverse theories....blows my fuggin mind.

7. Dude you can make a universe out of anything apparently if you are a scientist and no oone questions it. Later today I'm gonna make a multiverse out of some taco meat. You won't see me getting any acknowledgment though because I don't have so lab coat. I'm gonna buy myself a lab coat on ebay.

8. #9 yurigadaisukida, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    I.don't think they literally.mean entire universes.

They are mimicking the physics theorized behind the muktiverse theory

Edit: no the article specifically said it creates universes....

Maybe it means that if can create bubbles inside our universe that don't follow our laws?

9. im confused as fuck. Is there a video or something i could watch to have a better understanding.

10. Invisibility cloak you say?

11. Read the comments at the bottom of the article. They simply created a "universe" within our own that doesnt have the same laws as ours.

Whoever wrote that article is a douchebag.

12. The reporter probably interviewed these guys on the phone for 5 minutes and got this article.

All my proffs said that talking to media people was the worst. They call at an unexpected time and want you to give a quick but detailed explanation of whatever the story is.

13. This is exactly why I fucking hate tabloid journalism, its always sensationalized and ramped-up to sound more incredible than it really is.

14. If this is true though is definatly lends crediblitity to the theory that we are just inside of something else. (its been suggested mabye the universe is contained in a pile of cow shit in a different larger universe, who knows.) mabye those little universe he created in that experiment experienced trillions of years of progress.

15. Old news.

Cloaking devices have bbeen out for a while.

They basically bend the light around you so you don't appear to be there

16. I wish tthey would define universe because.from the.sounds of if they just creates a bubble.

I do that in my.kitchen all The ttime

17. #18 illadelphin, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Science is fucking cool. I'd love to see it though.

'Too blessed to be stressed'