Physical

Discussion in 'General' started by TheHAMMan011, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Hey GC, well I have a question.

I have a doctor's appointment in Jan. and they are going to give me a physical.

I went to the doctor's about a month ago, for my depression, ( which is now finally going away sense I started smoking herb :D )

and they said they want to give me a physical soon.

Do they do drug tests on just regular physicals?

I'm just making sure so I will know if I have to stop smoking.

Thanks guys!

2. is your physical for anything?
    if it's just to check out your health, it doesn't even matter...

3. I don't think they will.

And if they did, so what? People smoke ganja, it's just something that happens. Are you not supposed to be smoking? Joining the Army? On probation? Rehab?

I think you'll be okay, but get more opinions.

4. Be uprfront with your doctor about whatsup.

He cant get you in trouble.

5. No, but at my last physical I told my doctor I smoked pot. He told me to stop becuase I'd get into a car accident. I asked him if there were any statistics that backed that and he basically beat around the bush until I changed the subject.

6. Hey guys, thanks for input,

but my dad usually goes with me to doctor's appointments ( don't ask why )

and I don't want him to know

and they just said its a physical to check up on my health

7. Yeah if they are opinionated and oyu need them for diagnoses...it may be wise to not tell them. Because especially if its dealing iwht depression, they could claim its making oyu worse, and put you on some pills you dont need, or something.

You judge the character of your doctor, then decide if its information he should be privy to.

8. That's so stupid

I'd be like, "Why am I automatically in a car if I smoke weed?"

9. ok, then they shouldn't even be testing for drugs.. and (i might be wrong) but i think even if they did find drugs in your system, they can't even say/do anything anyway.

don't worry about it.

10. He basically said that he 'thinks' that many car accidents are caused by smoking pot. I asked him if there were any statistics to back up that claim. He told me that they probably went unreported. I hate going to that guy. I need to find another doctor that takes my health insurance.

11. Man, your doctor sounds like a fool.

I think alcohol is the accident causer in most cases.

Is it hard to find a family doctor where you are, though? In Ontario, or at least Peterborough, many people are without a family doctor, which is terrible. Everyone should have the right to see a doctor.

12. if you're 16 or over then your doctor can't disclose any information about you to anybody without your consent... it's called doctor patient privilege.. so even if u were drug tested for some odd reason they wouldnt be able to tell anybody but you the results. i think it might even be younger then 16 in some states

13. Okay thanks guys!!

14. ^^^Anyone who thinks that a universal or single-payer healthcare system would be good for America.... i refer you to exhibit A.

To the OP: You said the last time you went was for depression.... if the doctor is going to be prescribing you anything, he's most likely going to pull a tube of blood. If he's smart, at least... no doctor is going to handout antidepressants before doing a comprehensive work-up.... unless he enjoys being sued.