Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Physical and mental relief from weed

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Gibson01919, Apr 11, 2014.

1. #1 Gibson01919, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    Everyone says if you had any pain to smoke weed and it won't hurt anymore...I find the opposite to be true.

I find myself thinking about my injury more and it usually hurts more instead of hurting less...

Similarly, if I'm having lady problems or I'm just feeling depressed about something and I smoke, I think about it more and get more sad.

I use Maryjane as an enhancer and usually only if I'm in a good mood, if something has been weighing on my mind and I smoke it usually makes me even more upset.

How does it effect you guys?

2. Weed effects everyone differently, the way it is effecting you doesn't sound enjoyable. However I don't think they mean it will rid you of your pain. Just takes the edge off, whether you mentally choose to sit and indulge your thoughts into the pain of course you're going to feel it..

3. Edge off- just like smoking a cigarette but with a long lasting effect.

Truly does have healing properties although that depends on quality.

If you take flame to your bud and it's not good quality you can release CBN's and hurt your high. It's more complicated than that but I'm watching Fairy Tail and distracted. Try vaping if you're curious about how weed truly effects you; as it can give a clear insight.

"Volcano everday, baby." - Darth Vapir

4. I know the feeling, OP. It helps me with physical pain, but definitely not mental. Just makes me think a hell of a lot more.

5. Weed can trigger major anxiety in me, which often includes obsessive thought spirals. I can get ripped, watch an entire movie, and not be able to tell you anything about it because I was too preoccupied worrying about endless, stupid bullshit.
    However, a high-CBD strain does not cause this. These strains actually seem to STOP me from 'thinking too much'.

6. I have an iolite wispr 2 I use it exclusively haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. To me, weed doesn't really "relieve pain" as in I can still feel it just as strong as before, but I don't really care as much, its moved to the back of my thinking rather than pain being front and center. I don't use it for physical symptoms that are as serious as say someone with cancer or nerve damage. I'm talking like bumps bruises sprains and strains.
    On the mental side, its like I just drank a giant glass of "I don't give a fuck" and that's exactly what I need when my stress and anxiety picks up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. It gives me that mood "whatever I don't care anymore" lets say I got in a fight with my girl, if I smoke yes I would think about it but I wouldn't care as much as I usually do. It helps me relieve stress and to relax.

Same here, but I like that. It forces me to deal with whatever's bothering me.

For your Q: Mentally, it calms me down and helps me focus. I smoke before I meditate. Physically, it has a soothing effect. Similar to vicodin, but milder.