PHX Honeycomb or Luke Wilson tree downstem?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by joeljar, Nov 22, 2010.

1. #1 joeljar, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    I'm contemplating a new downstem for my migrant 9mm beaker and I've seen two that really catch my eye. The first is the PHX honeycomb which comes as both a bowl and downstem. There's a thread about them http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/620697-phx-honeycomb-diffuser-14mm-18mm-bowls.html. The other option is the Luke Wilson 6 arm tree which can be found on aqualab. Anybody have input. The PHX is getting great reviews on that thread and they seem to be similarly priced. Is it worth it to get one of these? Is there something else I should be looking at?
    thanks
    joeljar

2. I dont have any advice for you. but your links didnt come out properly.

are you posting pictures or links to an item?

Cause you cant advertise other stores items here. Hope you get an answer, cause I may buy that lukewilson downstem when I get my RooR custom.

3. My mistake. I fixed the first link and removed the second. Sorry

4. both are good but I'm digging the phx

5. I have the LW downstem in my big tube and it churns like no other downstem i've seen. Just throwing it out there, GMD recently got the tubing in to do the 6arm downstems. I'm getting the first one but chances are the prices will be better than LW and you can get it customized.

6. that's awesome

7. My sister has an old sovereignty "mini" bubbler that had a 4arm tree perc in it...until the cat knocked it over and the tree perc shattered. Everything else is pristine though, of course. Im getting a custom 7.5in GMD 6 arm with a long perc section and 3 slits on each arm instead of 2, because it will be acting as if it were a fixed perc.

8. Thanks for all the responses! I'll probably end up with the LW for now but We'll see what end up in my ash catcher.

9. Luke Wilson > PHX by a long shot

10. Luke Wilson 100%

11. This might sound stupid but is there any drag on the Luke Wilson?

12. Maybe a little bit but the beautiful whistle/chug it adds is worth it.

13. No noticable drag

14. idk, i'm slightly disappointed with the 6 arm luke downstem, it works wonders and a helluva lot better than the 6 slit one my tube came with, but it's a little draggy. i'd go with a showerhead if you don't have one of those yet...

15. I picked up a LW down stem a few weeks ago. The thing is awesome, too cool to look at in a clean piece. There is very slight drag, but it is negligible.