Phx hd?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Downy, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Dude, come on. I owned an 18" PHx a year or so ago, it hit fine, but they are still mid-range glass. Generally they are considered higher-end at local headshops.

Is this your first serious piece? If so, I understand the defensive stance, as most people tend to do with their first name brand piece.

2. yeah first high end name brand piece, but i just wanna know why you call it mid-range, reminds me of mid-grade bud which is shitty, i just don't understand

3. i feel like if you're buying a roor or illadelph (unless it has a coil) you're paying 200$ or whatever extra for the name rather than function, i wanted a functional piece and got one imo of course, hitman glass is whatever haven't seen anything too impressive, toro is legit, same with sovereignty, i've been thinking about getting a sheldon black chubbler w/ sherlock mouthpiece, idk man some brands it just feels like you're paying for the name rather than function

4. [quote name='"indytoker420"']i feel like if you're buying a roor or illadelph (unless it has a coil) you're paying 200$ or whatever extra for the name rather than function, i wanted a functional piece and got one imo of course, hitman glass is whatever haven't seen anything too impressive, toro is legit, same with sovereignty, i've been thinking about getting a sheldon black chubbler w/ sherlock mouthpiece, idk man some brands it just feels like you're paying for the name rather than function[/quote]

I find this most true with PHx. The price/function ratio is a bit off compared to many other brands, including a few mentioned above. Illadelph and Roor cater more to the classy, less functional collector.

5. 250 holes of diffusion in one hd slide and the double dome + the fact that its stemless is enough function for me especially considering its my first high end piece, opinions are opinions though, didn't have to pay too much for the tube... 550 is pocket change, in your opinion whats the sickest brand out there and do you know of a good online glass store besides ***?

6. aqua technologies lab fuckin gc

7. phx hd mini trinity DOUBLE DOME to honeycomb

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ03_Mi1VlI]Sunday Morning Snaps - YouTube[/ame]

mmmm draggy tokes..... hahahaha

8. that lighter holder is so ugly

9. [quote name='"indytoker420"']phx hd mini trinity DOUBLE DOME to honeycomb

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ03_Mi1VlI

mmmm draggy tokes..... hahahaha[/quote]

No drag, but always funny to watch about 5% of that beautiful honeycomb function. Nice milk though!

10. [quote name='"smilyagent"']

that lighter holder is so ugly[/quote]

Yeah I agree, it also looks like a pain to actually get the lighter out, I think it would look ok if it was a single strip of cloth around the neck with a magnet on it, and a smaller strip of cloth for the lighter with a magnet on it also.

11. fuck phx. such a shitty, behind the times glass company.

12. the lighter holder was a novelty and barely slap it on, but yes if you tilt the tube away from 90 degrees YES you will not get the full potential of the honeycomb, and shitloaf... haha.... nice name, but yeah say what you want i love the piece no matter how many haters pop out of the wood work. thanks for watching at least

13. [quote name='"indytoker420"']the lighter holder was a novelty and barely slap it on, but yes if you tilt the tube away from 90 degrees YES you will not get the full potential of the honeycomb, and shitloaf... haha.... nice name, but yeah say what you want i love the piece no matter how many haters pop out of the wood work. thanks for watching at least[/quote]

The angle is irrelevant, they do not function anywhere near full potential.

14. whatever you say buddy :)

15. yeah. whatever we say. because you obviously only say what you are saying to justify your own purchase. :D

16. [quote name='"shitloaf"']

yeah. whatever we say. because you obviously only say what you are saying to justify your own purchase. :D[/quote]

This^^^

It's the exact same discussion In the other phx thread. If you watch a video slow motion of bubbles coming out of the honeycomb you will see huge bubbles escaping through without being defused.

It's strange how every phx owner discredits what everyone else says to justify their purchase like loaf said. But I guess whatever gets you high...

17. too bad the slow-mo video someone posted in the other phx thread ENTIRELY disproves your argument.

look at all the huge bubbles getting through the honeycomb. yeah, it sure functions at its best when it's straight. :rolleyes:

for the 500+ you spent on a phx, you could've gotten a king stem and a decent-to-great ashcatcher, that was truly no drag and actually functioned to its full potential.

18. [quote name='"JMS31207"']

Yeah I agree, it also looks like a pain to actually get the lighter out, I think it would look ok if it was a single strip of cloth around the neck with a magnet on it, and a smaller strip of cloth for the lighter with a magnet on it also.[/quote]

U do know those already exist right?

19. I remember my first dome perk pure. Shit was the smoothest thing ever and 0 drag. I'm going to keep saying it's the best bong ever because that's the only "high end" bong I've ever owned and all my friends tell me its super smooth and 0 drag. I've hit the phx HD and it doesn't compare. Did I have to tell you? 14 points of diffusion!!!!!! It's just the hit is smoother and there's less drag than the No drag phx so what's with all the hate?