PHOTOTRON - Improvments/modifications/tips/experience

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by based builder, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Hey guys, this is my second post on grassity hopefully ill get some responses this time! :p So i just got a tron that i traded for a bike i had. It came all set up and with a feed-a-tron. After doing research i am starting to feel disapointed
    about my pick up. I know there are some succesful tron growers out there, so this post is for anyone who can share their experiences with their own Phototron (prefferably good).

I am more intrested in any modifications/tips to the Phototron that can be made to increase yield, decrease odor, increase grow rate, etc!

I heard of spraying black spray paint on the outside panels to conceal light within the box, but i am curious if anyone knows if it will melt off or anything like that. I also heard the Feed-a-tron increases your yield. Oh and also putting a light and an exaust fan at the top the fan will pool fresh air from the bottom pulling it through the leaves and such. Thats just what i THINK i know, i'm very new to growing so please -POST THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE TRONS WORK- ( I Dont know how the feed-a-tron is supposed to be configured so if someone could help with that it would be great!) Thanks guys cant wait to here your creative ideas.

I was also hoping that i could get somewhat of a list of the best things to use in a phototron.
    Example: spagnem moss, limestone, water, chocolate

2. they work for seedlings, clones ..and MAYBE a mother..that is pretty much it ..

I inherited one .. was given another ..and bought a third at a thrift shop when I was first starting to grow .... ..LOL.. I have given all three away..hint hint hint

go coir instead of moss BTW if you choose to use their growing method.

3. I agree.. That's all I used mine for but still managed to stop using it.. ;)

4. ^^lmao^^

my name is Wharf and it has been 7 years 3 months and 18 days since I last used Phototron...... this is my story......