Photos showing pistols while on 20/4

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Theo_1989, Feb 12, 2019.

1. So my critical mass photo seems to be showing some pistols and she’s on 20/4 schedule wtf. IMG_3149.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If you grow with clones you will often see pistils when they are still getting out of the rooting container on veg light cycle. It's partially because they came from a later stage veg plant.

Don't worry about it at all. I've vegged plants for 3 months that had preflowers the whole time. It just means they are showing their female colors. They will still flower just as well once you put them in 12/12. I wouldn't shorten the veg cycle because sometimes they are so ready to flower they may start at 18 if they are used to 20 all the time.

3. In that picture I see evidence of temp issues in the garden. Light possibly too close. Droopy leaves. Heat/light stress on tips of leaves in picture.

4. K cool thanks and no they just are due for a watering tomorow. I have my 600w hps at 20” so should be good

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had that happen with seeds I purchased. Turned out, one of the plants was an auto! I'm not sure if the seedbank had the seed in the right bin, as I've never purchased an auto. In fact, I couldn't find any auto strain with the genetics that I ordered. I still don't know what kind of auto it was.

It started producing flowers while all of my other plants were on a 18/6 schedule. I just let it go and harvested it when it was ready. The rest of the crop was done about a month later. Let it go and see what happens.

It is interesting watching something new. It was my first experience with autos. Not sure I'm going to grow autos, as the yield wasn't as good, but it did produce and is now jarred up and just about cured. I also agree with TBone on the health of your plant. Good luck!

6. Looks more like new leaf growth